PDA

View Full Version : Pics of g751jm wanted and some info needed

razielleonhart
12-13-2014, 02:31 AM
I am running the G74SX and i am planing to upgrade to the G751JM with the touch screen and i need some pics and info before i buy. I want pics of the bottom with the panel off to see how many RAM slots there are and if i can still 2 HDD in the system

*update*
I am going to get the G751JT for the better video card and the 16gb of ram to start. I found out that ASUS makes it harder to add more RAM so i am going to spend $100 more to get the 3gb video card and the 16gb of ram to start and gut my SSD and my 2tb and my 2 sticks of RAM from my G74 and add them to the G75 then sell my G74 to a friend

Clintlgm
12-13-2014, 04:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGl0TIXzi4E

Be advised each Major Vendor set this units up to there specs. By that I mean Each may have a different Screen, different Ram configuration, and different Hard drive configurations. You have to research each vendors supplied units to see what they are selling. The less you pay the less quality Screen you get, the less Ram and 5400 RPM hard drives. So Pay attention to whom your buying from and what they are selling you. Don't purchase unless you can get a full system Spec from the vendor. Hard copy not verbal as sales people will tell you anything to sell you there unit!!!!!

kanecvr
12-26-2014, 09:43 PM
The G751JM is just a gimmick. It's GTX 860m is not powerfull enough to drive most current games at a decent framerate (Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4 are not playable at 1080p unless you turn everything to low).

The is a G751JY with the GTX 980m for the same price as the one you are suggesting. It's way faster and you can actually game on it.

SSD and RAM are a NON-ISSUE here. They can be easily added later, without voiding the warranty. You cannot change the video card.

The touch screeen is mostly useless on a NON-CONVERTABLE laptop. It's uncomfortable to use, making it a waste of money. Get the one with the beter GPU.