PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with fans going ape****

Gugge
12-14-2014, 03:22 PM
I've got an Asus G74 series laptop which is about 4-5 years old now and has mainly just been lying around for the last 3,5 years or so. About 6 months ago my brother who's the actual owner let me borrow the computer since i've got an old stationary computer which isnt very good.

Anyways, a few weeks ago it the fans starting going crazy and would run berserk upon start (note that they would only go berserk when the laptop was started from sleep mode or powersave mode, not actually when it was started from being completely shut off) I didn't really care that much cause I didn't think it was that bad. Shame on me, the last weekend the fans would randomly go berserk every 10 minutes and then stop after a few seconds. And now, sunday the fans are berserk non stop from the start of the computer and I don't have a clue on what to do.

I've also downloaded speedfan but it doesnt seem to give any bad results though, i'll link a screenshot below.
http://prntscr.com/5gqejq

Please give me a helping hand if you feel like doing so.

Thanks, Gugge.

Gugge
12-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Update: I got a tube of Air Duster and upon spraying I noticed that its only one fan thats messed up and it's the left one. Any idea on how to turn it off?