PDA

View Full Version : 100Hz, 120Hz and 144Hz = Problems

DJConan
12-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Just received the monitor two days ago. What am I missing? While in a game and hitting the turbo button, the only thing it does is displays my current setting, which is 85Hz. Hitting it over and over just continually shows me 85Hz. It never changes or does anything.

In games, when I change it to anything above 85Hz, it just turns the screen on and off every half second or so. If I set my games at 100Hz, 120Hz or 144Hz, it just flashes on and off (can't use it) until I go back to 85Hz.

Windows only gives me the options of setting it at 24Hz, 60Hz, 85Hz and 100Hz. If I change it to 100Hz, the screen turns on and off until I cancel.

Volt
12-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Are you sure you are hitting the Turbo button? When I hit mine, it cycles through 60, 120, and 144. It will display that number on screen.

One of the other buttons ( I think the mini joystick in back ), when used, it displays the other current settings. I think Screen res, hz, and brightness and contrast.

I'm trying to recall this info off the top of my head, while away from my home computer.

When I'm in a game, I can change settings usually under the game's video settings. If I don't have the game set to full screen, then sometimes the other settings cause wonky things to happen. I think there is a "Full windowed" mode in some games, that looks full screen, but is really just the window of the screen made full screen. Like I guess you can move it around on the desktop.

Sorry, I'll try to check this out when I get home, to give better info.

DJConan
12-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes, it is the correct button because when I hit it, it shows "Turbo 85 Hz" and hitting it again just keeps showing the 85 Hz. I've tried it in several games and it never changes anything.

And if I change the refresh rate in the Windows setting (100 Hz) or in game (120 Hz, 144 Hz) the monitor just turns off and on repeatedly.

Duke of Alinor
12-25-2014, 07:30 PM
What hardware are you running?
Cards, cables and adapters

Zoopy
12-26-2014, 03:57 AM
I have the same issue with display port and 780 Ti

oversurprisedguy
01-02-2015, 08:26 PM
I also have a similar issue. The only difference is that the turbo button seems to always work in-game, but on the desktop it does absolutely nothing until there is some activity on-screen. For example moving/resizing a window will trigger the switch to 60/120/144 Hz.

Costas
01-03-2015, 01:04 AM
Turbo button will only work with a cosistently moving background ie. Only usually while in game etc. It will not work with a static background eg. Desktop.