PDA

View Full Version : 751 --Where are the speakers?

Bede19025
12-20-2014, 07:02 PM
I just bought this very nice laptop, but for the life of me I can't find the speakers. All I know it that I hear sound coming from the top
left corner of the laptop. Odd that there would be a speaker only on one side. Am I missing something? Thanks.

NitroX
12-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Take a look here for more information about the sound problem http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREAD

Short story: The drivers have a problem at the moment, and the subwoofer receives normal speaker signal instead of low frequency signal. Therefore he acts like an additional speaker and this is why you hear an imbalanced sound. The other two speakers should be right under the screen lid. At least this is what I have heard

BRSxIgnition
12-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Essentially, the above is correct.

The Subwoofer is being sent a regular speaker signal instead of a Low Frequency Effects signal, and because it's double the size of - and closer to you than - the L/R speakers, it makes it sound as if it is the only source of audio.

Disabling the subwoofer or using generic windows audio drivers solves the issue of balance, but we need to wait for new drivers before we can have a proper 2.1 speaker setup.