PDA

View Full Version : New ASUS G751JY.. questions

Dalarast
12-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Good morning ROG!

So I recently purchased and received my ASUS G751JY. I was excited that after a month of international shipping and dealing with APO's it finally arrived and was not damaged.

So I have some (very) basic questions as I have not gamed on a PC since perhaps the mid 1990s and ALOT has changed.

First - It seems all the software was default downloaded into the SSD drives (which are separated as C and D). I was under the impression that for gaming the game files should default to our SSD for max performance. This leaves a lot less space than I thought and the question really is: Should certain files be transferred to the HDD to optimize performance from the SSD or should the HHD just be used for saved media?

Second - Tricks and such.. is there a sticky thread on the G751JY for performance setups or recommendations for maximizing the system? I am currently under internet restrictions (deployed.. slow internet); but was thinking when I return to the great US of A to download and update anything as needed. But wanted to know.. whats next for this beast and how can I maximize it.

Thank you for any help you can all provide.... and back to downloading games. (So far I have been able to play Star Citizen's - Arena Commander without any issues. In a week when the download is complete I might even get to play 1.0.. :mad:)

Volador
12-21-2014, 11:09 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I personally use the drive c only for windows and programs. Drive d i use only for game installations. The HDD i use as mass storage for photos, videos etc.

I guess for performance upgrades you should download all of the latest drivers especially for the Nvidia graphics card. Perhaps you can find some info about performance on this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52467-Got-your-new-G751JY-G751JT-G751JM-Post-your-review-temps-benchmark-results!

Have fun with your new machine!

Dalarast
12-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Excellent that's what I was doing; but wanted to maximize my performance with the HDs as I could. Thanks for verifying for me.