PDA

View Full Version : ROG Audiowizard problem?

Volador
12-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Anyone else have problems with the ROG audio wizard so that you cant select any of the speaker setups and all of the audio presets sound tinny, without bass and middles?

After i got the computer the rog audio wizard worked fine and i could select different speaker setups. After i installed the latest drivers for the realtek audio the rog audio wizard stopped working. I cant select any of the speaker setups (small, medium, large).

Here is a screenshot how it looks like after the driver update:

Anyone else have this problem and any info how can it be fixed?

hmscott
12-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Anyone else have problems with the ROG audio wizard so that you cant select any of the speaker setups and all of the audio presets sound tinny, without bass and middles?

After i got the computer the rog audio wizard worked fine and i could select different speaker setups. After i installed the latest drivers for the realtek audio the rog audio wizard stopped working. I cant select any of the speaker setups (small, medium, large).

Anyone else have this problem and any info how can it be fixed?

Volador, did you notice which version was installed before you updated? Which version was it? And, what version did you upgrade to?

You can try uninstalling the Realtek driver again, reboot, and use Asus Install to install the original version again, hopefully that is enough.

In Asus Install make sure to only check the box for the Realtek driver, otherwise everything checked will get installed... Asus Install is in C:\eSupport\eDriver\AsInsWiz.exe, or search in Windows.

Otherwise you can try reloading the OS using the F9 Recovery Reset from a cold boot - power off, press the power button, immediately tap the F9 (not Fn+F9) until you see the recovery page, and select Reset OS (not refresh), and that will erase everything - make sure you have your stuff backed up on an external disk before doing the restore - and install the original out of the box OS configuration.

Then make sure you disable Asus Live so it doesn't automatically install new drivers over what you want to keep, and the same for Windows Update - set it so it doesn't automatically install/download and only warns you. When something comes up you don't want to have installed set it as "hidden" so it stops coming up. I do this for all drivers from Microsoft.

Please come back and let us know if that works :)

Volador
12-25-2014, 10:33 AM
Hello hmscott (again ;)

Sorry for the long delay, been away from my computer on christmas holidays. I did not note what version the machine had installed. In my E-support folder there are only manuals,no programs like asus install etc. Id rather not do a recovery (again) since ive installed all of my programs and would have to re-install them :).

I'll see if this asus install can be found from the asus site because its not on my computer (even did a search of all files).

Thanks for the reply.

hmscott
12-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Hello hmscott (again ;)

Sorry for the long delay, been away from my computer on christmas holidays. I did not note what version the machine had installed. In my E-support folder there are only manuals,no programs like asus install etc. Id rather not do a recovery (again) since ive installed all of my programs and would have to re-install them :).

I'll see if this asus install can be found from the asus site because its not on my computer (even did a search of all files).

Thanks for the reply.

Volador, thanks for coming back and giving us the update :)

Only a Manual folder, and no eDriver folder? What region are you in? Country/Language?

I had heard it was version .7335 that shipped with the original OS, so you could try to download that from the support site for your laptop, or from here:

Notebook Audio - for G750 => Realtek driver package Version V6.0.1.7335
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

But, this may be part of the problem that needs a new Realtek driver release to fix this and the general audio problem.

We had the same thing with the G750 for months after release, until a Realtek driver came out to fix it.

I can now select headphone Small/Med/Large, but I can not now, nor have I ever been able to select different speaker sizes - it looks like this - none-selected:

And, this was a question for Asus long ago, and their answer makes sense - we only have 1 Speaker size - the built-in speakers. :)

From your image, you have disabled Maxxvolume and Maxleveler, try clicking those back on for better sound. Reduce your MaxxBass setting if you are getting too much bass/distortion.

With the audio problem as I see it described, the audio to all 3 speakers is the same - the sub is getting full range sound, and the sub level can't be adjusted, so it is likely you won't be able to make the sound very good with the controls you have working right now.

If you don't like the sound as it is, then return the laptop before the seller's return period expires and hold on to your $ until Realtek/Asus fixes the Audio problems before getting another one.

Please let us know how it works out for you :)