PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new G751! :)

RMXM
12-22-2014, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone! Like the title says I just got my new Rog laptop but I used to have issues when installing the windows and drivers for the first time on other laptops and really want to do everything right so I can benefit from it's full potential.

I would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to leave me some steps on how to install everything in order? I have the JT model and I got Windows 8.1 for it separately. The first thing I did so far was install windows and delete the partitions that were made and remake just 2.

I assume that was not something wrong to do as I guess this model does not have an oem with preinstalled apps and such as it said freeDOS when I bought it. Next I would do the windows updates and after that is what I am waiting to get your approvals, should I use the driver dvd it came with or just download them from the site?
Thank you for reading this and any comment with some info is highly appreciated! :)
Oh and should I install the drivers in any order and is there any drive I need to be aware of anything?

RMXM
12-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Also I have noticed a strange sound coming from the left side of the laptop is it supposed to make that sound sometimes when I randomly let it some time without changing the webpage for example ? The sound is happening mostly when it seems to "think" (could it be the disk making that sound?)

Edit* I've been reading the forum and from what I understand I kind of deleted the recovery partition? I did not know freeDOS models have such things and I tought it was just the way asus made the partitions. Still unclear on this and would love some feedback, is there a way I can get the partition back hopefully with all the bloatware it has to offer lol or do I have to give my laptop back to the shop, not even sure if they will take it back if I deleted that. :(

defector05
12-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Could you post some pictures please of what it looks like? I know I could probably look this up but I'd like to see it from your perspective, also what are the specs and how much did you pay?

RMXM
12-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Oh sorry, yeah should of posted the exact model from the first post.
Asus G751JT-T7010D
Intel core i7-4710HQ 2.50Ghz
17.3 Full HD, 8GB, 1TB, NVidia Geforce GTX 970M 3GB, FreeDOS

RMXM
12-22-2014, 10:26 PM
My main issue would be the partition I deleted when first installing windows it showed up more partitons and one with a more diferent name but unknowing I just deleted everything and made 2 clean ones one of 300 and one of 600. And from what I read that partition could of had all the asus applications and preinstalled drivers or something? Or are those just for models with windows preinstalled? A bit confushing to be honest.

Edit*Ops sorry for double posting, just a bit nervous cause I just got the laptop and feeling pretty sorry if I deleted a usefull partition. Plus I'm not even sure after installing this clean copy of windows should I use the dvd that was in the box or just get the drives from the websites? And what about the apps that come with the preinstalled versions with windows could I get them on this?

defector05
12-22-2014, 10:57 PM
How much dud you pay for it?

RMXM
12-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Around 1200 Euros

RMXM
12-24-2014, 10:20 PM
Right so I talked with support and it seems the partition was empty as I had freeDOS, besides the audio problems everyone seems to have with this model I'm quite happy with it :)
Oh and for the drivers, would it be wrong if I would install first the chipset from the site and the rest from the dvd and then just put over outdated ones with ones from the site or something like that? Some drivers from the site once I download them I have no idea how to install I click on the exe but it says it can't create the path O.o

RMXM
12-24-2014, 11:21 PM
*bump* really hope someone can help me out with the drivers, with what I mentioned from my last post. :)