PDA

View Full Version : g751jm or g750jh?

kaelrysh
12-23-2014, 09:28 AM
hi,
i appreciate most of what i read on the rog forum, and am wondering if anyone can give me a bit of purchasing advice. it is approaching time for me to purchase a new laptop and i really really want another ROG. i have been hanging out for ROGs to come out with an IPS screen for years, so it was great to see the G751s come out with 17" IPS screens. yay. howevever they are still a bit beyond my budget :( i live in australia, so we are paying an a thousand or so more per model than our friends in the states.
so whilst i would love the JT, i guess financially atm i will be looking at the G751JM. (256gb ssd, 16gb ram, 860m)
but then i came across a G750JH (2x256ssds in raid, + 1tb hdd, 32gb ram, 780M) for about $400 less than the JM. however it is a refurbished model (by asus and with 1 year full warranty). then i guess i could buy an external IPS monitor wiht the spare cash...

so i am wondering, would it be worth going for the G750jh or pay a bit more for the newer model with the IPS? and what is the screen like on the JH? (i do a bit of image editing/video/graphic design work, so a good screen is important) hmscott, i know that you talk about your jh a bit. how does it compare with the 751jm? or anyone else for that matter.

anyhow, if anyone has anything to contribute i am listening. and trying to save. haha.

HulkSmash
12-23-2014, 04:03 PM
I would go for the 750JH, you are paying less for better performance...

However, I'd consider the 751JT over both. It is $1500 in the US for the "base" CH71 model (and I don't know your budget), however the 970m is a beast of a card. I made a few tests with a friend that has a GTX 770 (desktop) and it's on par with it, which is quite impressive for a laptop. Not only for the power, I'd say for the sake of future proofing I'd go with the JT model. OH, and IPS screen :P.

jackjiang
12-24-2014, 06:57 AM
I suggest you buy the G750jm. In fact,the functions of these two laptops are comparable.Besides,it is a bit cheaper as you said.

HulkSmash
12-25-2014, 09:11 AM
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-860M-vs-GeForce-GTX-780M keep this in mind :}