Marsulici
12-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Hello,

I just got my new G751JT ( T7010D ) yesterday and i'm very pleased :D

Configuration :

Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ 2.50GHz, Haswell™,
17.3", Full HD,
8GB, 1TB, DVD-RW, nVidia GeForce GTX 970M 3GB, Free DOS, Black

I checked and i have 2 free RAM slots in the service bay, which is nice.
Also the primary HDD slot has the 1Tb Hdd and the secondary bay is empty, but has the metal part used to hold in the HDD/SSD and all the screws.

I had no problem installing win 8.1 Pro and all the drivers. ( some from the CD and some from Asus support page ).

Now a few questions :

1. Being my 1st RoG laptop i'm not sure what utility i can use for CPU / GPU overclocking
2. I saw that there are 2 audio outputs. Can i play 2 different audio streams ? ( eg Skype call through headphones and game audio through laptop speakers )

kobejumpin
12-23-2014, 03:16 PM
@Marsulici, I'm curious where you bought your laptop from. I bought mine from Amazon a few days ago and is in transit and with some pressing issues posted in for this model (G751) I'm a bit concerned.

So far the issues I read here about this specific model which brings a lot of concern from my end, the others I don't really mind:

1. IPS screen bleed - which is not fixable through software means
2. Imbalanced audio output - which is most likely fixable through software updates

Have you noticed these issues so far?

Thanks for your input.

cablebandit
12-23-2014, 03:39 PM
@Marsulici, I'm curious where you bought your laptop from. I bought mine from Amazon a few days ago and is in transit and with some pressing issues posted in for this model (G751) I'm a bit concerned.

So far the issues I read here about this specific model which brings a lot of concern from my end, the others I don't really mind:

2. Imbalanced audio output - which is most likely fixable through software updates

Thanks for your input.

my g751jy screen is fine. Audio is not "right" yet but even when it is 100% i dont expect much improvement from laptop speakers.

HulkSmash
12-23-2014, 03:52 PM

Thanks for your input.

I got mine from Amazon, no issues whatsoever. Also, Amazon has great customer service, if you have any problems they will replace very promptly.

kobejumpin
12-23-2014, 04:07 PM
I got mine from Amazon, no issues whatsoever. Also, Amazon has great customer service, if you have any problems they will replace very promptly.

@HulkSmash and @cablebandit, The thing about my nervousness is I will be paying an extra 350$ to ship this to Costa Rica through a freight forwarding service. I cannot imagine the cost it would take me to RMA this device in case there is anything wrong that I find about it. Well because you vouch that your device is optimal save for the audio mishap then it gives me added confidence with the purchase. I have yet to find out once it is in my possession and surely would post updates for the community.

Marsulici
12-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Well i got mine from Romania, from a local e-shop. Got it for a good price also - 1.000 Eur
I have 30 days to return it so i'm not worried about problems i might find.

There is no IPS screen bleed, but have the sound problem. The high frequency audio is played by the sub-woofer as well and it can't handle it.
The curious thing is i only notice the distortion in movies. In games the sound is ok.

Now regarding my initial question :

I saw that there are 2 audio outputs. Can i play 2 different audio streams ? ( eg Skype call through headphones and game audio through laptop speakers )

Anyone knows if it is possible ?

kanecvr
12-26-2014, 08:41 PM
What do you mean by two audio outputs? Do you mean the extra Jack on the side, or the fact that you get another device under "playback devices" in control pannel?

Generally, you can play two different audio streams on any machine as long as you have two sets of speakers plugged into two output jacks, and set the software you use i.e. winamp and skype to use different audio devices for output.

P.S. - I got mine from PC Garage - the G751JY with the 980m

Marsulici
12-27-2014, 11:50 AM
I want to have skype through my headphones and the games/movies/etc through laptop speakers.
The problem is that when i plug in the headphones in any of the 3 jacks, the audio signal goes through the jacks and the laptop speakers do not work anymore.

And i don't know how to set the speakers to main audio even if i have headphones plugged in.

Marsulici
01-01-2015, 01:41 PM
So can anyone help me with this ?
I can't get any setting to work as want for separate audio sources.

Alos, i hav e a question regarding the bios version.
The laptop came with 202 and the latest one is 205.
Is it worth upgrading ?

BigDRim
01-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Yes i think, because 203 seems useful and 205 fix USB 3, but i don't have any 3.0 usb device so can't say what.

kobejumpin
01-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Marsculi, is this what you did to locate the audio devices in your machine?
1. Right-click the "speakers" icon in the taskbar (lower right of Windows in desktop mode)
2. Select "Playback deviced"
- you should notice that both built-in and plugged in (headsets, etc) are there...
3. Click on the preferred audio output device
4. Hit the "Set Default" button
5. Reload the application playing audio (Game, movie player, etc.)

I think Microsoft limits one audio output device per instance (This is from my "user-only experience" with different Windows variants).

On a separate note, got my G751JT and it works fine except for the tilted "TAB" and "`" keys, and the imbalanced audio issue. Otherwise I'm happy with it!

P.S. I find a lot of people here are snobs. Give us "new guys" a break, we are not all as "technically knowledgable" than most people here in this forum.

kobejumpin
01-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Regarding 205, updated it the other day and it did not do anything for my machine. Some USB devices still do not play / are not powering up on the left side (e.g. HDD - with own A/C adapter, my minial Logitec USB headset (only plays on USB slot 2), my generic 64GB flash drive (Only plays on USB slot 2)) and only my mouse works on both left slots.

Marsulici
01-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Marsculi, is this what you did to locate the audio devices in your machine?
1. Right-click the "speakers" icon in the taskbar (lower right of Windows in desktop mode)
2. Select "Playback deviced"
- you should notice that both built-in and plugged in (headsets, etc) are there...
3. Click on the preferred audio output device
4. Hit the "Set Default" button
5. Reload the application playing audio (Game, movie player, etc.)

I tried that as well but it doesn't work.

In the playback devices i see the speakers, the digital output and the 2 nvidia outputs ( hdmi 0 and 1 ).
When i plug in the headset on either of the 2 audio input jacks , the sound goes from the speakers to the headset. Even if i plug in 2 headsets in each of the 2 audio jacks, they both play the same audio source.

So either i'm doing something wrong, or there is a problem with the audio part.

Anyone knows what i'm talking about or can help me ?

kobejumpin
01-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Hi Marsulici, I'll try to figure this one out too when I get home. :)

My use case would probably be Skyping using my USB headset and having an a separate audio output playing a movie using a separate headset plugged into the audio jack. Have not needed to have it but it would be awesome if it does work. ;)

Marsulici
01-05-2015, 06:45 PM
Any news ? :D

kobejumpin
01-05-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi Marsulici, can't figure how to do it. MS only allows me to have one default audio output at a time. Not sure if there are applications that help you do so. Sorry I'm no help.

KingOfTanks#1131
03-16-2015, 06:21 AM
sorry this is late Open the sound playback set your usb headset as Default for communications all the other sound will still come out of speakers