PDA

View Full Version : downgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 7?

RDDsign
12-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Hello guys, i have a Asus ROG G751JM Gaming Notebook Touch Screen laptop and i would like to know how to downgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 7 home premium or professional without having any problems with Tweak GPU, Asus Gaming Center, or with the Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 860m or with the intel core i7 and what do i need to have to make all this successfully and accomplish. And the reason why is because i play a browser game but it doesn't support windows 8/8.1 pretty well. Is that possible to do?

hmscott
12-24-2014, 02:04 PM
RDDsign, if it is a browser game, consider other options less drastic than regressing back to Windows 7, that would be a bad move - as you said all of those tools that don't work on Windows 7, support for your new hardware, would all go away under Windows 7.

They must have compatibility suggestions for running on newer browsers, settings that can allow you to work ok. Maybe try a different browser?

At worst setting up a VM with Windows 7 should be enough, as browser games don't typically demand much performance.

Which game is it?

Prostar Computer
12-24-2014, 05:22 PM
RDDsign, if it is a browser game, consider other options less drastic than regressing back to Windows 7...

I agree!

@RDDsign: How do you know the game is incompatible with Windows 8/8.1, specifically?

GottiBoi55
12-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Do you really want the hassle of downgrading to Windows 7, just for a browser game?
If you really have your heart set on the downgrade here's some links below that will help you with the change.
Good luck my friend.

ASUS G750JM Windows 7 clean install guide (http://forum.maxgeeks.net/showthread.php/161-ASUS-G750JM-Windows-7-clean-install-guide?)
You can get Windows 7 drivers, and tools from here>>>Driver & Tools (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G750JM/HelpDesk_Download/)

Duke of Alinor
12-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Just do it, Windows 7 is mature and runs well on your hardware. Win 8 will never leave beta, Microsoft has moved development to 10.
Asus should be offering Win 7 as well as Win 8 on these systems.

hmscott
12-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Just do it, Windows 7 is mature and runs well on your hardware. Win 8 will never leave beta, Microsoft has moved development to 10.
Asus should be offering Win 7 as well as Win 8 on these systems.

Duke of Alinor, Windows 7 is "mature" because it represents a state of no change, and no future of change.

Windows is always under development and improvement, patches for new features and improvements as well as bug fixes come out all the time.

When Windows 10 comes out Windows 8 development will stop, and then Windows 10 will become the moving target.

Such is software development. :)

If you want the current hardware technology, you get the current Windows. If you are buying new hardware you need the concurrent new Windows release.

There is no future in Windows 7, just like there was no future in Windows XP. That doesn't stop people from promoting the use of Windows XP or Windows 7 - both will be the playground of hackers for years to come. As soon as development, fixes, security patches stop, those obsolete OS's represent an easy target to be manipulated.

Windows 8 is an extension of Windows 7, you can use available free and for cost tools to bring back the user interface features you liked from Windows 7, and continue to take advantage of the underlying improvements and new features available from new development, as well as the security patches to thwart intrusions and taking of personal data.

Why suggest putting a new user into a world of hurt trying to get a non-supported OS onto their new perfectly functional laptop?

RDDsign
01-02-2015, 08:07 AM
RDDsign, if it is a browser game, consider other options less drastic than regressing back to Windows 7, that would be a bad move - as you said all of those tools that don't work on Windows 7, support for your new hardware, would all go away under Windows 7.

They must have compatibility suggestions for running on newer browsers, settings that can allow you to work ok. Maybe try a different browser?

At worst setting up a VM with Windows 7 should be enough, as browser games don't typically demand much performance.

Which game is it? Well, you ask me what game do i play in the browser? That game is called www.transformice.com and also that's the web page of the game and i have another question. when i plug the charger to the laptop the game on the browser start going fast and pretty well and now what that means is that when i plug the charger the laptop performance goes fast and when i unplugged the charger from the laptop the performance goes down or something because i can see the game kind of slow or lagging a little so how can i keep the performance fast when i unplugged the charger? and about installing windows 7 on this laptop i prefer not to do it because i'm going to lost some drivers that i can't have on windows 7. I'll appreciate you answer ^.^

hmscott
01-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Well, you ask me what game do i play in the browser? That game is called www.transformice.com and also that's the web page of the game and i have another question. when i plug the charger to the laptop the game on the browser start going fast and pretty well and now what that means is that when i plug the charger the laptop performance goes fast and when i unplugged the charger from the laptop the performance goes down or something because i can see the game kind of slow or lagging a little so how can i keep the performance fast when i unplugged the charger? and about installing windows 7 on this laptop i prefer not to do it because i'm going to lost some drivers that i can't have on windows 7. I'll appreciate you answer ^.^

RDDsign, the battery can't sustain the same performance as AC allows, there just isn't enough power output from the battery.

You won't be able to run the same game at the same settings and get the same performance on battery, no high end laptop can do that. You can run the same game at lessor settings on battery, but at reduced performance.

It's a cute game, and works fine on Firefox 34.0 and Flash 15.0.0.246.

Have fun :)