PDA

View Full Version : G750JW - crack in case near hinge. Has anyone seen this happen before?

alone_in_the _dark
12-27-2014, 03:48 AM
Hey guys,

Bought this refurbed from new egg early in the yr. laptop hasnt left my desk and doesnt get used much as I have a desktop I use primarly. noticed this the other day when I used it. has anyone seen this type of case failure before? Whats my best course of action? I have a warrenty on it through new egg until the end of this month. The thought of shipping this thing out makes me nervous so I wanted to get you all's opinion first. Laptop has been treated very gently and never dropped or opened/closed any harder than it should be. The crack is along the hinge for the left side of the laptop.

Darnassus
12-27-2014, 05:17 AM
Yep, it's a manufact-.. holy sweet mother of-

Silliness aside... sadly, that's got to be a shipping problem. That is NOT meant to happen.

There are gaps, spaces and crevices in the model.. but NEVER cracks like this that actually look like hull damage.

If I was you, I'd return the machine for another.

The crack location however will not impede on your laptop performance, as it's in the speaker box.

alone_in_the _dark
12-28-2014, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. That is what I was thinking as well. My concern is with the cracking focused around the hinge eventually it will break all the way through, as the crack flexes each time you open or close the laptop. I will get with new egg and see what needs to be done to get it fixed.