PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G750JS 2 Problems.

xXx2o1o
12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi all! Yesterday i bought a new ASUS G750JS with Nvidia GTX 870M... After i got to home i saw 2 problems:

1) My battery don't wanna charge more than 47%!
2) When i trying to load any game it's crashes and giving me this:

Screen is not mine but it's same.

Please help me with this 2 problems :( . And sorry my English(.

xXx2o1o
12-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Can somebody help?(

hmscott
12-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Hi all! Yesterday i bought a new ASUS G750JS with Nvidia GTX 870M... After i got to home i saw 2 problems:

1) My battery don't wanna charge more than 47%!
2) When i trying to load any game it's crashes and giving me this:

Please help me with this 2 problems :( . And sorry my English(.

xXx2o1o, problem 2 is a returnable problem, your video card is unstable. All other things being correct. You could try an F9 reset for the OS, and get back to the out of the box configuration, but it sounds like you aren't too far off that now.

Problem 1 may be normal, the laptop decides when to charge, and unplugging/plugging it back in won't always start it charging. The charging circuit is looking at a lot of sensors to decide when and how hard/long to charge.

A JS has a 180w power supply, and if you are heavy gaming on AC power, there may not be much power left for charging.

If the laptop sits powered off overnight on the charger and still the level does't go up, then that is a problem, also a returnable failure.

Since you just got it, I would return it to the seller for another new unit, and try again. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get a good one. Then again most people get a good one the first time. I have picked 3 good ones in a row, G750's, so I know it is possible.

Please don't take it personally, or get discouraged, return it and get another one.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

xXx2o1o
12-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Thanks for answering! Problem №2 connected with Overclocking. I don't know how i need set overclock setting for it work normally. I tryed many setups but they all ends with crashes. Some sets work better but crashing too... Oh... If anybody knows what settings put in MSI Afterburner for GTX 870M please write it here. Thanks you!)

hmscott
12-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks for answering! Problem №2 connected with Overclocking. I don't know how i need set overclock setting for it work normally. I tryed many setups but they all ends with crashes. Some sets work better but crashing too... Oh... If anybody knows what settings put in MSI Afterburner for GTX 870M please write it here. Thanks you!)

xXx2o1o, you should be able to OC the GPU +135, all GPU's that are in spec and stable can do that.

Where you get into trouble is the memory OC. Leave it at stock, and run with the GPU OC'd only to start.

Then after you are happy it is stable, start increasing the memory OC by 100mhz increments until you get that crash again, then back off by 50, and test again, and if still not stable back off 25, etc. Until you are stable.

It's that easy.

You can't really take others values as something that yours should do, not all units OC the same, the general region is similar, but the exact value isn't, and don't be frustrated if you are 100mhz under someone else's setting, it is all luck of the draw.

And, don't forget to use XTU to set the multipliers to maximum - but do the OC'ing of the CPU and GPU independent operations.

Please do come back and report what your settings are, and how it works for you.

xXx2o1o
12-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Problem solved!) I just returned product to seller and he replaced it to another 750JS. Now all work fine!) Thanks for trying to help me!)