PDA

View Full Version : Space Bar Stuck- How to unstick it?!

OhHaiPuma
12-28-2014, 04:37 PM
Aloha!

So, I have found that my space bar keeps getting stuck. I do not eat food while I am on the computer so the idea of crumbs being underneath is mute. I have tried to use air to clean out underneath but it doesn't help at all. Can someone help me out?

I mostly want to know how I can fix this on my own but I'm too afraid of taking of the key because I have never done it before and since it has the back-lighting I don't want to mess that up.

I still have time left on my extended warrenty but if I can avoid sending it off, that would be great.

Thanks!:cool:

Clintlgm
12-28-2014, 11:25 PM
Aloha!

So, I have found that my space bar keeps getting stuck. I do not eat food while I am on the computer so the idea of crumbs being underneath is mute. I have tried to use air to clean out underneath but it doesn't help at all. Can someone help me out?

I mostly want to know how I can fix this on my own but I'm too afraid of taking of the key because I have never done it before and since it has the back-lighting I don't want to mess that up.

I still have time left on my extended warrenty but if I can avoid sending it off, that would be great.

Thanks!:cool:

This website explains how to change out keys it may be helpful if you understand how to remove and replace the key itself hopefully only your hinge is failing. http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/?gclid=CLmz1qPnwL0CFecWMgodVWcAmQ If that don't fix it, you'll have to replace your keyboard.