PDA

View Full Version : G751 series owners - Did anyone of you get a case for your laptop yet?

tikonux
12-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Hello all! Just last week I received my G751JT-CH1 and for a first gaming machine, I am very impressed and will be using it for quite a long time. Anyways, I am looking for a good laptop case. Obviously, it is a BIG laptop, and even though it is 17.3", overall size is too big for advertised 17.3" laptop cases. I have looked up what people have said about these ROG laptops, and they recommended getting a 18" laptop case for older ROG machines, but I'm guessing it also applies to the G751 series. I'd greatly appreciate it for suggestions/links to some good quality cases!

ledgedes
12-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Here is a link to the case, backpack I use, it's Great!!! http://www.amazon.com/Everki-Checkpoint-Friendly-18-4-Inch-EKP120/dp/B005LMWP78/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420047663&sr=8-1&keywords=everki+titan

Jackster
01-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Just got a g751, also looking for a case, hopefully something decent that will protect it and be under 100$

toronto699
01-30-2015, 02:09 AM
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abackpacks%20for%20%2217%203%22%20 inch%20laptops

kobejumpin
01-30-2015, 03:44 AM
The everki Titan or the Asus Nomad. Got the nomad.

NitroX
01-30-2015, 03:06 PM
I am currently owning an Everki Beacon for more than 1 year and I'm so impressed with it. Everki is a really good brand for laptop backpacks and cases. Also RoG Nomad would be a fine acquisition since it is specially made for the G Series laptops.

Wr3ckloose
01-30-2015, 09:23 PM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IR79QWQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=S8GOGN88NZ3C&coliid=I23LDDUXHN3HXC

Camel51
01-31-2015, 12:30 AM
This is what I got for my G751JY. It fits it perfectly and has a pouch in the front that can hold the power block, Razer Orochi, VModa M100s, and an xbox controller all at once.

Everki Black 18.4" Advance Laptop Bag / Briefcase Model EKB407NCH18 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G15X2607

Binkius
01-31-2015, 04:18 AM
I got the Nomad. If I were to buy again, I'd probably go with the Everki. The zipper pulls on the Nomad seem really weak. The zippers also seem to jam a lot because of too much fabric near the zipper. Easily jammed zippers and weak looking zipper pulls are not a good combination.

NitroX
01-31-2015, 08:29 AM
I got the Nomad. If I were to buy again, I'd probably go with the Everki. The zipper pulls on the Nomad seem really weak. The zippers also seem to jam a lot because of too much fabric near the zipper. Easily jammed zippers and weak looking zipper pulls are not a good combination.

Don't wanna be rude but this is mainly because ASUS is not a specialized brand in making backpacks/cases. Instead, brands like Everki and Targus are specialized in this field. Ofc, the Nomad can't be that bad, but taking into consideration the price I say that Everki stays better at price/quality . I bought my Everki Beacon when it was on sale with about 60Euro and I don't regret a penny !

falkenjeff
02-20-2015, 09:05 PM
This thread sure died.

So I'm assuming that Targus is a no no? It says the Targus XL is for 17 inch laptops (not 17.3 inch), and, when you look at their website, their ONLY 17.3 inch laptop bag has smaller interior dimensions than the Targus XL...

Which is too bad. I've had a Targus bag for my smaller laptops for YEARS. lol

NitroX
02-20-2015, 09:45 PM
This thread sure died.

So I'm assuming that Targus is a no no? It says the Targus XL is for 17 inch laptops (not 17.3 inch), and, when you look at their website, their ONLY 17.3 inch laptop bag has smaller interior dimensions than the Targus XL...

Which is too bad. I've had a Targus bag for my smaller laptops for YEARS. lol

I also have a Targus Eco Spruce and I do like it but from what I recall they do not have any bags that can fit the G75/G750/G751 laptops. So yea, it is pretty much a "No,no". At least, until they come up with a 18" bag/backpack to be sure that your 4kg beast fits (with power supply & mouse).

This is why I recommended Everki Beacon. Because you can easily put your laptop, +mouse+mousepad+heatset+a bottle of water+snacks+ notebooks(for school)+USB stick+many other small things. That backpack is one of the best things I have ever bought. Plus: You do have a soft cushioned compartment for the laptop which is scratch proof (and I have tested it for 1 year with my G75VW).

falkenjeff
02-20-2015, 10:11 PM
I also have a Targus Eco Spruce and I do like it but from what I recall they do not have any bags that can fit the G75/G750/G751 laptops. So yea, it is pretty much a "No,no". At least, until they come up with a 18" bag/backpack to be sure that your 4kg beast fits (with power supply & mouse).

This is why I recommended Everki Beacon. Because you can easily put your laptop, +mouse+mousepad+heatset+a bottle of water+snacks+ notebooks(for school)+USB stick+many other small things. That backpack is one of the best things I have ever bought. Plus: You do have a soft cushioned compartment for the laptop which is scratch proof (and I have tested it for 1 year with my G75VW).

I'm comparing the beacon and titan and can't decide.

http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/beacon-laptop-backpack-w-gaming-console-sleeve-fits-up-to-18-detail

http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/titan-checkpoint-friendly-laptop-backpack-fits-up-to-18-4-detail

Is there anything that makes the beacon a better choice over the titan?

hmscott
02-20-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm comparing the beacon and titan and can't decide.
http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/beacon-laptop-backpack-w-gaming-console-sleeve-fits-up-to-18-detail
http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/titan-checkpoint-friendly-laptop-backpack-fits-up-to-18-4-detail
Is there anything that makes the beacon a better choice over the titan?

falkenjeff, the video doesn't do the Titan justice :)

The Titan is *huge* and can fit a lot of stuff, way more than most people will want to carry every day.

The Beacon video shows why I didn't get that either, it has a nice sleeve for carrying a Gaming Console, but not many other pockets. You can use the large open space left over when you don't use the Gaming Console sleeve, but it is just open space.

The ROG Nomad backpack has just the right amount of room, and can't grow too big - like the Titan - and uses the space efficiently with lots of compartments and pockets for keeping things from lumping up at the bottom of the bag - like it would in the Beacon.

Asus Nomad Backpack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XTT9uGUAk

That video shows off a lot of the compartments, but not all of them :)

Of the 3 I went with the Nomad, if I wanted to carry around a Gaming Console too, I would have picked the Beacon. The Titan is just too large :)

falkenjeff
02-20-2015, 11:09 PM
falkenjeff, the video doesn't do the Titan justice :)

The Titan is *huge* and can fit a lot of stuff, way more than most people will want to carry every day.

The Beacon video shows why I didn't get that either, it has a nice sleeve for carrying a Gaming Console, but not many other pockets. You can use the large open space left over when you don't use the Gaming Console sleeve, but it is just open space.

The ROG Nomad backpack has just the right amount of room, and can't grow too big - like the Titan - and uses the space efficiently with lots of compartments and pockets for keeping things from lumping up at the bottom of the bag - like it would in the Beacon.

Asus Nomad Backpack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XTT9uGUAk

That video shows off a lot of the compartments, but not all of them :)

Of the 3 I went with the Nomad, if I wanted to carry around a Gaming Console too, I would have picked the Beacon. The Titan is just too large :)

it sounds like I might want the titan then? lol

Sometimes I carry around both my ROG and my mac mini (which is about the same size as my Wii), along with a mouse, a ton of cords, and a wireless keyboard. Sometimes I throw everything in, including AA batteries and charger, HDMI cords, etc.

Would it be safe to say that with the titan I could carry my mac mini, ROG, smaller windows laptop, a Wii, and various accessories? lol

hmscott
02-20-2015, 11:43 PM
it sounds like I might want the titan then? lol
Sometimes I carry around both my ROG and my mac mini (which is about the same size as my Wii), along with a mouse, a ton of cords, and a wireless keyboard. Sometimes I throw everything in, including AA batteries and charger, HDMI cords, etc.
Would it be safe to say that with the titan I could carry my mac mini, ROG, smaller windows laptop, a Wii, and various accessories? lol

falkenjeff, IDK if the compartments would match, but there should be enough volume. The Beacon would fit the Wii/MacMini in the Gaming Console sleeve. I guess I would recommend getting smaller bags for the other components and carry them along with instead of all inside 1 big bag. I think the Titan with all that stuff would be too heavy for most people to enjoy carrying :)

You really sound like you should go and see the bags, or order a couple and try them out for a while before deciding. You might be like me and end up owning many bags :)

A Deviant Hero
02-21-2015, 02:21 AM
I just wanted to post because I have been looking for a bag for my G751 as well.

I ordered the Oakley Kitchen Sink after reading everyone saying that it will fit the G751. The fact is, it will fit the laptop, just not in the designated laptop sleeve area... If I am going to keep the kitchen sink, I will need to buy a laptop sleeve that will fit my G751 before I put it into the main compartment of the backpack to keep it safe. I also am not quite sure if I am sold on the amount of compartments on the kitchen sink. Its mainly the laptop sleeve in the back of the very large compartment, then that very large compartment. After that, there is a spot for pencils and calculator and whatever else you would want in the other, but smaller, front pouch. The two side pouches are large.

I read that the Ogio Renegade RSS 17 wouldn't hold the laptop, but maybe it would if I don't try to put it in the designated laptop sleeve, like the Oakley backpack. I like how the Ogio has many compartments to keep everything organized. So I am going to take my laptop with me to Best Buy and check out an Ogio and what it would provide for me.

I am not quite sold on the Everki backpacks. I haven't looked at them in person, I will look at them if they have them at Best Buy as well when I am there.

The ROG Nomad looks nice, but I don't think it is the one for me.

Edit: Does anyone know of a laptop sleeve that will fit the G751? Just a sleeve, with no extra compartments or anything. Just something to protect the laptop.

falkenjeff
02-22-2015, 04:56 AM
I got the titan. Not disappointed at all.

It's a tight squeeze into the laptop sleeve though. I can't imagine shoving an 18.3 inch laptop into that. It would literally only fit if the length was the only larger dimension - if the thickness or width were larger, it would be a no-go.

hmscott
02-22-2015, 05:04 AM
I just wanted to post because I have been looking for a bag for my G751 as well.
I ordered the Oakley Kitchen Sink after reading everyone saying that it will fit the G751. The fact is, it will fit the laptop, just not in the designated laptop sleeve area... If I am going to keep the kitchen sink, I will need to buy a laptop sleeve that will fit my G751 before I put it into the main compartment of the backpack to keep it safe. I also am not quite sure if I am sold on the amount of compartments on the kitchen sink. Its mainly the laptop sleeve in the back of the very large compartment, then that very large compartment. After that, there is a spot for pencils and calculator and whatever else you would want in the other, but smaller, front pouch. The two side pouches are large.

Which color/design did you get? I have the black leather one, and use it with the G750JH. I put a Macbook Pro in the slim back area, and my G750JH in the middle area, and before that put my Asus 18" W90vp in that same spot, and have been using that bag and Asus laptops in it for 5 years... no damage to any of the Asus laptops and no damage to the bag either - looks like new :)

There are internal compartments and external compartments, including the top hardcase bubble at the top, where I have safely kept my phone and other fragile components.

If you want a bag that is designed for laptop, tablet, phone, and accessories - the Nomad is the one you want.

All bags, except the Nomad, won't carry the G750/G751 in the laptop fitted area - the G750/G751 are just too thick and tall :)

I haven't heard of a sleeve that fits the G750/G751...anyone else?

It's possible an Alienware 18" bag might have a laptop sleeve/compartment that fits ok, but I haven't tried one yet. I don't need to have people thinking I'm an easy mark with a $6500 computer in my Alien Head backpack :)

Asus also has the Shuttle Backpack, which fits the G750/G751 (Shuttle II), and it is slimmer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRfikcF1USA

I found a review for the RSS, and at least 1 comment says it barely fits their Macbook Pro in the laptop compartment - most are fitted for a Macbook Pro thickness.

Ogio Renegade RSS backpack review (Quality, Close-ups) -> 2:45 shows inside of laptop compartment - very thin...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSTBB2aEcg

Review: Ogio Renegade RSS 17 -> 5:00 shows him putting in his Macbook Pro - again a thin compartment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8wZGd1WgQk

A Deviant Hero
02-22-2015, 05:20 AM
Reply to hmscott, I have the stealth black Oakley kitchen sink and I like it.

I went to Best Buy, Staples, and Office Depot today searching to a sleeve. I found ONE that would fit without being too thick with extra compartments. It is the Swiss Gear 17.3" "theSHERPA" Computer Slimcase.

It fits snug, but definitely fits well. If it didn't fit well, I wouldn't have bought it.

I can fit the laptop in the sleeve + 2 or 3 1" binders in the main compartment of the Kitchen Sink. Then the front compartment (smaller one) I have 3 calculators (graphing, scientific, and accounting is why I have 3 freaking calculators), a pretty thick day planner, pack of extra AAA batteries, and pencils and pens. I could fit some more small items in that compartment as well. In one of the two side pouches I have some gloves and a beanie for just in case, and the other side pouch is empty. All that I described weighed in at 19.5 lbs. With the laptop and sleeve taken out, it weighed 9.5 lbs. Just to give some perspective on the Kitchen Sink.

EDIT: Someone just listed a Swiss Gear Sherpa sleeve on ebay for $16 Buy It Now + $9 shipping. Its $40 everywhere else, just letting anyone know if they are interested, even though it is a used one.

hmscott
02-22-2015, 05:42 AM
Reply to hmscott, I have the stealth black Oakley kitchen sink and I like it.
I went to Best Buy, Staples, and Office Depot today searching to a sleeve. I found ONE that would fit without being too thick with extra compartments. It is the Swiss Gear 17.3" "theSHERPA" Computer Slimcase.
It fits snug, but definitely fits well. If it didn't fit well, I wouldn't have bought it.
I can fit the laptop in the sleeve + 2 or 3 1" binders in the main compartment of the Kitchen Sink. Then the front compartment (smaller one) I have 3 calculators (graphing, scientific, and accounting is why I have 3 freaking calculators), a pretty thick day planner, pack of extra AAA batteries, and pencils and pens. I could fit some more small items in that compartment as well. In one of the two side pouches I have some gloves and a beanie for just in case, and the other side pouch is empty. All that I described weighed in at 19.5 lbs. With the laptop and sleeve taken out, it weighed 9.5 lbs. Just to give some perspective on the Kitchen Sink.

Sweet, finally a sleeve to try :)

Be careful with snug fitting stuff around the case of the laptop, the rubber compound can rub off. I stopped carrying anything else besides the laptop in the middle compartment for this reason, the sleeve might rub off edges, watch for it... but with the sleeve you are ok putting other things in the compartment.

The Stealth is my favorite, when I got mine there was just the black/red/silver style, if I was getting one today it would be the stealth - let us know how the metal black coated accents wear over time.

I think it weighs more than you think, the laptop itself is over 10lbs, + the power adapter is like 12+lbs... Occasionally someone offers to pick up my bag , and they get a big heavy surprise. There is a lot of mass swinging during a shoulder carry, it can get away from you on release if you don't have a good hold on it

I updated my post above, with links for the Asus Shuttle and RSS 17" videos.

hmscott
02-22-2015, 05:47 AM
I got the titan. Not disappointed at all.

It's a tight squeeze into the laptop sleeve though. I can't imagine shoving an 18.3 inch laptop into that. It would literally only fit if the length was the only larger dimension - if the thickness or width were larger, it would be a no-go.

falkenjeff, it's a great bag, it seemed a bit to expansionistic, if that's a/the right word, and seemed to grow in size / width, back to front, until it was huge - maybe I just slammed too much stuff in it. Loved the fit and finish, and the orange interior :)

The Asus Nomad has restraining straps / clips to keep the bag from expanding like that, it really helps keep the bag tight and as thin packed as possible.

Be careful with tight fitting compartments, as you move and carry the laptop the material friction can rub off the rubber material on the outside of the laptop.

falkenjeff
02-22-2015, 07:27 AM
falkenjeff, it's a great bag, it seemed a bit to expansionistic, if that's a/the right word, and seemed to grow in size / width, back to front, until it was huge - maybe I just slammed too much stuff in it. Loved the fit and finish, and the orange interior :)

The Asus Nomad has restraining straps / clips to keep the bag from expanding like that, it really helps keep the bag tight and as thin packed as possible.

Be careful with tight fitting compartments, as you move and carry the laptop the material friction can rub off the rubber material on the outside of the laptop.

Yeah there was a 0% chance of me getting an Asus branded bag.

This laptop had sound-issues out of the box. They can go ahead and not have more money if it takes me weeks to fix issues with a $1,300 laptop.

hmscott
02-22-2015, 08:40 AM
Yeah there was a 0% chance of me getting an Asus branded bag.
This laptop had sound-issues out of the box. They can go ahead and not have more money if it takes me weeks to fix issues with a $1,300 laptop.

falkenjeff, the Nomad backpack is designed to fit the ROG G750/G751 laptops, and it doesn't have any complaints against it, only good reviews.

ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack for All 17-Inch G-Series Notebooks
http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-Backpack-17-Inch-Notebooks/dp/B00IR79QWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424593401&sr=8-1&keywords=rog+nomad

The Nomad's sell out whenever Asus releases new batches, it is very popular. Right now the price is low because Asus just shipped another batch. The price has been over $200 a number of times over the last year - when the quantity drops the price goes up until the next batch ships.

I am not understanding your thinking, I wish I could help, I can only suggest to not hurt yourself to spite a company - Asus likely won't even notice the $10 profit loss... but you will be out a great backpack that fits your laptop...

galladanb
02-22-2015, 01:39 PM
While we were at Best Buy getting our G751JM, we tried the Samsonite Xenon 2 bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsonite-Xenon-17-3-Inch-Slim-Briefcase/dp/B007B5PNT0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1424612201&sr=8-12&keywords=samsonite+xenon+2

The sales guy said he didn't have one that would fit this beast, so we grabbed one off the rack and put the demo unit in it.

worked fine, under $42 bucks. Black nylon cordura type fabric, well padded.

That works!

falkenjeff
02-23-2015, 01:35 AM
falkenjeff, the Nomad backpack is designed to fit the ROG G750/G751 laptops, and it doesn't have any complaints against it, only good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Gamers-Backpack-17-Inch-Notebooks/dp/B00IR79QWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424593401&sr=8-1&keywords=rog+nomad

The Nomad's sell out whenever Asus releases new batches, it is very popular. Right now the price is low because Asus just shipped another batch. The price has been over $200 a number of times over the last year - when the quantity drops the price goes up until the next batch ships.

I am not understanding your thinking, I wish I could help, I can only suggest to not hurt yourself to spite a company - Asus likely won't even notice the $10 profit loss... but you will be out a great backpack that fits your laptop...

It fits fine in the titan.

And so will any future laptops I buy. And textbooks. And game consoles. etc

Massivemc
02-23-2015, 11:31 AM
I am using ASUS Nomad and I am more then happy with it

b-earl
02-24-2015, 09:50 PM
@falkenjeff
Does the everki Titan have the any paded corner guards like the Concept? See link for corner guard.
http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/concept-premium-checkpoint-friendly-laptop-backpack-up-to-17-3-detail

uofaboy
02-24-2015, 11:24 PM
I just ordered the ROG Nomad. I'm hoping it will be good.

falkenjeff
02-25-2015, 01:35 AM
@falkenjeff
Does the everki Titan have the any paded corner guards like the Concept? See link for corner guard.
http://www.everki.com/products1/backpacks/concept-premium-checkpoint-friendly-laptop-backpack-up-to-17-3-detail

Don't think so, no.

b-earl
02-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info falkenjeff, still looks like i will buy the Titan. Big and checkpoint friendly.

Slaughtermom
03-02-2015, 09:19 PM
If you really want a rock solid backpack: Kitchen Sink all the way - using mine for years now and i love it.

Only backpack i would try at this point:

Slappa M.A.S.K

http://www.slappa.co.uk/jedimaskbackpack.aspx

For school (teacher) i decided, that i wanna use shoulder bag for the next few years so if you are looking for a perfect messenger:

Slappa Kiken 18

http://www.slappa.co.uk/kiken-Jedi-Mind-Trix-laptop-backpack-1.aspx

Just ordered this afternoon.

uofaboy
03-03-2015, 05:23 PM

I've been using the Nomad for over two weeks to and from school with textbooks/binders and such with my G751JY and I feel safe and secure that everything is protected (not to mention that the amount of space you get is ample enough). The bag is also very comfortable to use so it doesn't make you feel like you're lugging around a tank!

gatomlinson@gmail.com
03-03-2015, 05:38 PM
I bought a pelican hard case for mine.
I've see people fall down ice covered stairs and their laptop did not survive.
It can take getting run over by a car thrown into a river set on fire fall 2-3 stories and keep it's insides safe.

hmscott
03-04-2015, 02:16 PM
If you really want a rock solid backpack: Kitchen Sink all the way - using mine for years now and i love it.
Only backpack i would try at this point:
Slappa M.A.S.K
http://www.slappa.co.uk/jedimaskbackpack.aspx
For school (teacher) i decided, that i wanna use shoulder bag for the next few years so if you are looking for a perfect messenger:
Slappa Kiken 18
http://www.slappa.co.uk/kiken-Jedi-Mind-Trix-laptop-backpack-1.aspx
Just ordered this afternoon.

Slaughtermom, thanks for the links :)

It looks like the International site is different, and has some bundles, but less stuff overall than the UK site...

The Slappa international site lists an 18" (+$10) sleeve that might work for the G750/G751. at least other 17.3" laptops fit, thin side in first:

SLAPPA Ballistix PTAC Matrix Sleeves
http://www.slappa.com/ptac-matrix-laptop-sleeve?sc=2&category=134

The UK site actually has the 18" Sleeves, but doesn't list it in the title of the items, only in the drop down for ordering and buried in the specs list.

Slappa also has other accessory bags, like keyboard, headphones, etc (scroll down):
http://www.slappa.com/catalog/gamer-bags?mytabsmenu=2

It's very cool that you can build your backpack, pick the "face" (outside cover with different compartments), interior liner design, and artistic insert.

This looks like a nice bundle, but it says 17", I wonder if you can customize your backpack to an 18" bundle?

SLAPPA Gamer - LAN bundle
http://www.slappa.com/Gamer-Lan-Bundle

18" => SLAPPA M.A.S.K. Koop Custom Build Backpack
http://www.slappa.com/MASK-KOOP-Backpack?sc=2&category=58673

Amazon has a few Slappa products:

Slappa 18-Inch Checkered Past HardBody Cases for iPads, Tablets and Netbooks => use as a Sleeve...
http://www.amazon.com/Slappa-18-Inch-Checkered-HardBody-Netbooks/dp/B004JMZXRA/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425479670&sr=1-11&keywords=slappa+18%22

Slappa SL-SV-111 18-Inch Matrix Sleeve
http://www.amazon.com/Slappa-SL-SV-111-18-Inch-Matrix-Sleeve/dp/B003SOZHWQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1425479670&sr=1-1&keywords=slappa+18%22

seinfeld4u
01-17-2017, 09:07 AM
I bought a pelican hard case for mine.
I've see people fall down ice covered stairs and their laptop did not survive.
It can take getting run over by a car thrown into a river set on fire fall 2-3 stories and keep it's insides safe.

Where can I get one of these?

kaufen
01-17-2017, 10:53 AM
I got the Nomad. If I were to buy again, I'd probably go with the Everki. The zipper pulls on the Nomad seem really weak.

rhufus
03-06-2017, 12:31 AM
I'm using a 19"meat bag from the grocery store; works great.:cool:

Clintlgm
03-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I prefer wheels so Targus (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_feature_browse-b_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A3011391011%2Ck%3A targus+computer+cases%2Cp_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A11549033011%2Cp_n_feature_browse-bin%3A3102243011&keywords=targus+computer+cases&ie=UTF8&qid=1488816687&rnid=3102241011)seems to work best for me. These TXL 171 of many versions fit both my G75 and G752VY have plenty of room for accessories and a change of clothes for overnight trips Fit in the over head of most planes only the smallest commuter jets and prop planes that they don't fit in.

azwxguy
04-08-2017, 12:13 PM
I also prefer a Targus case. Have a very sturdy one for my old Asus N71jq, but it was a little too tight for my G752vm. Found another Targus case on Amazon, the Targus Clamshell Laptop Case Deluxe-XL. I believe it was only $33. I could hunt down and embed the link, but you all know how to surf. It says it will hold a laptop "up to 17 inches", and my G752 fits perfectly. Case comes with a Velcro spacer for a smaller device, which you can just remove. Zippered front accessory pocket will hold the short AC cord, the rolled up transformer brick, and another pocket for whatever. Not as much room for stuff as my previous Targus case, but plenty for my current needs. Case has a comfortable molded handle and detachable shoulder strap.

OK, little difficult to find. Link (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I5438A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

jmike
04-08-2017, 06:42 PM

I know this is an older comment but I keep seeing this recommendation. I have the Big Kitchen which is basically a Kitchen Sink XL. It's advertised as being able to hold a 17" laptop but unfortunately I've not found a 17" laptop that will fit into it's compartment. Even my work Dell Inspiron is slightly too big. I don't see how people are fitting Asus/Alienware/MSI 17" gaming rigs into it.