PDA

View Full Version : G75vw Light is on all the time

ultram
12-29-2014, 12:14 AM
I have a G75vw, there are lights on the left bottom, the first one is Computer light, the second one is charge light, the third is hard drive light, the forth light is on all the time real bright, I cant figure out how to turn it OFF.

Can someone clue me in PLEAS how to turn it OFF.

cl-Albert
12-29-2014, 04:53 PM
If I'm reading the English G75VW eManual E7093 correctly on page 46, looks like the fourth light from the left is for the Bluetooth (if supported?)/wireless which you can turn off with Fn+F2 if you aren't using them.

Hope this helps.

ultram
12-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the reply, when I turn of the Bluetooth off the WIFI turns off also, guess I will have to leave it one.

cl-Albert
12-30-2014, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, when I turn of the Bluetooth off the WIFI turns off also, guess I will have to leave it one.

It's been a while since I've played with the G75VW, but I believe you can select either just Bluetooth (if supported) or Wifi by clicking on the icons before they disappear after pressing Fn+F2.

It's a little bit like a video game since you have a short amount of time before the Bluetooth and wireless icons disappear after pressing Fn+F2.

Hope this make sense and helps.

ultram
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Tried that it mad no difference, turn it off it still comes on.

cl-Albert
12-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Tried that it mad no difference, turn it off it still comes on.

Forgot to ask if you're running Win7 or Win8, but if you're running Win7, do you see anything like the screenshot below and can you click on the Bluetooth icon to turn it off while leaving the wireless on after pressing Fn+F2?

Although the screenshot below I created before mentions enabling the Bluetooth, you can just click on it again to disable it as well.

ultram
12-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Running win 7 home, when I click on the wlan icon it turns on and the light urns OFF, then it turns right on again

cl-Albert
12-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Sorry, I probably should have mentioned the wireless light will stay on if either or both the wireless and Bluetooth are enabled.

If you want to keep the wireless on and just turn off the wireless light, you might want to consider resorting to a piece of opaque tape or a 'physical' solution unless somebody else has better ideas.

ultram
01-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks, the reason I asked the light was always off on the HDD. When I installed the SSD, now the light is on, that's WY I asked.