PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Power Button Asus A9Rp

BayouSouth
11-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Hi Y'all. Hope Y'all can help me... I have an Asus A9Rp. The power button broke. I ordered a new one and am trying to replace it. I removed the hinge caps and hinge screws and was able to remove the top part with the screen. But I can't get to the power button. I took out the battery and the bottom case, etc but can't find how to remove the top keyboard cover so that I can get to the power button. Any help, images etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bubba............

xeromist
11-04-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't have that model but if it's anything like other laptops the chassis top cover is anchored by screws coming up through the bottom. You'll have to remove all of those screws and I would remove the keyboard to see if there are any additional screws holding it down from the top. After that the cover might be held on by plastic snaps. Sometimes you can release them by pushing a flat edge(screwdriver) into the seam and twisting. Just be careful not to force anything.

BayouSouth
11-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Yeah I removed every screw I could find but it still wouldn't break loose. btw... how do you remove the keyboard?

thnx,

Bubba............

ps; I appreciate y'all helping out asus users here in this forum :)