PDA

View Full Version : G750JM headphones static noise problem ?

thangbeo2708
01-02-2015, 10:08 AM
HI guys , i had a problem with my headphones, or my soundcard i guess . If i install realtek HD audio driver , my headphones play a very loud static sound right before the music on, then again after 1 minute when music off . This sound just appears before and after the music (Im not sure if it was a static sound or not, it just have 1 bit, but very loud and anoying ) . The problem disappear when i uninstall the Realtek driver , however the sound quality is not as good .

Can anyone help me with this issue ? I tryed plug my computer in another socket , using battery , change many other driver but none of them work.
I think it is called crackling/popping noise !?

hmscott
01-02-2015, 07:04 PM
HI guys , i had a problem with my headphones, or my soundcard i guess . If i install realtek HD audio driver , my headphones play a very loud static sound right before the music on, then again after 1 minute when music off . This sound just appears before and after the music (Im not sure if it was a static sound or not, it just have 1 bit, but very loud and anoying ) . The problem disappear when i uninstall the Realtek driver , however the sound quality is not as good .

Can anyone help me with this issue ? I tryed plug my computer in another socket , using battery , change many other driver but none of them work.
I think it is called crackling/popping noise !?

Which version of the Realtek driver are you running? I am running 7335, and don't have any static.

In early Realtek versions they used to enable Power Save mode while on Battery and on AC, which causes that static in the manner you described - just as the amp gets turned back on to play for the first time while idle, and again a minute or so after music as it goes idle again.

You shouldn't have this problem with Realtek device drivers now, but here is an old post describing the problem/solution for older Realtek drivers before Realtek disabled power save on AC power:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal-7.html#post7617517

You need to verify/make the changes in the registry with regedit yourself, the .reg files aren't available anymore. But, again, this shouldn't be necessary with a new Realtek driver, 7335 seems to be the newest that is stable, I would start there and see if that helps. If you want to get rid of the noise on battery you will need to edit the registry for battery mode as the driver still enables power save mode on battery power.

Notebook Audio - for G750 => Realtek driver package Version V6.0.1.7335
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

There are some with the JM/JS/JX that complain about noise when the amp is active, and quiet when in power save mode, in that case you need to RMA / return your laptop for another one... although you might find the same problem in a new one

http://forum.notebookreview.com/hardware-components-aftermarket-upgrades/587521-fix-realtek-sound-popping-high-pitched-tone-squeal.html#post9686345

I don't have the analog noise in my JH (or JW/JX), but for better audio quality, I use the TOSINK output of the headphone jack to feed my Sennheiser RS-220's. You could do the same and feed a TOSLINK compatible receiver and run the headphones from that - it would likely sound better anyway. I have been on analog Sony MDR-XB500 head phones for a few weeks now, and there isn't any static, just a soft wump as the laptop boots up.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)

thangbeo2708
01-03-2015, 02:50 AM
Thank you man , you've made my day :D After trying so many driver , i stoped trying new one , but the 7335 really works . Although i noticed that when my headphones don't play any sound , it feel like open mic , i mean it has very very small buzzing sound , but i think i can live with that :P Again , thank you and sorry for my English :P

hmscott
01-03-2015, 02:58 AM
Thank you man , you've made my day :D After trying so many driver , i stoped trying new one , but the 7335 really works . Although i noticed that when my headphones don't play any sound , it feel like open mic , i mean it has very very small buzzing sound , but i think i can live with that :P Again , thank you and sorry for my English :P

thangbeo2708, you might be getting some ballast induced noise, do you have any florescent lights plugged in? Try disconnecting from power and see if the buzzing goes away. I have also heard refrigerator compressor pumps putting hash out on the line that was picked up in headphones.

If it is induced from another residence on the line, you can get line filters to reduce the effect, or an isolation transformer to completely get rid of the noise.

I don't have any hash or noise, an excellent quiet noise floor, from the G750JH now, and the same with the JW/JX - I found the registry fix early on for disabling the power save mode.

If you have the internal mic enabled, try disabling it, or mute it / turn down the gain. I disable both my webcam and mic in the Device Manager to be sure.

Glad to hear the snap crackle pop stopped :)

Have fun!

thangbeo2708
01-03-2015, 03:22 AM
Hmm , i dont have any other divice plug in my laptop , just a mouse and a headphones . The buzzing noise stop when i mute my headphones , so i think it is driver issue :D Do you think the registry fix can works ? Could you plz guide me or send me a link about that registry fix , because i cant download the .reg file in the link you posted :D

hmscott
01-03-2015, 03:33 AM
Hmm , i dont have any other divice plug in my laptop , just a mouse and a headphones . The buzzing noise stop when i mute my headphones , so i think it is driver issue :D Do you think the registry fix can works ? Could you plz guide me or send me a link about that registry fix , because i cant download the .reg file in the link you posted :D

thangbeo2708, the registry fix is for the snap, crackle, pop, and the newer drivers have it already, so no need to do it manually.

I was talking about things plugged in to the AC Power, in the same house/apartment - anything on the same circuit inducing noise into the power. Also RF noise like from a florescent light ballast or local RF transmitter.

Buzzing is usually indicative of some kind of AC line noise on the power line.

Muting will also effectively disable the amplifier, so it isn't necessarily the software driver, but is more likely noise induced from the power line into the audio amplifier.

Try unplugging the AC power and run on battery, do you still hear the noise?

thangbeo2708
01-03-2015, 03:43 AM
My AC power pluged in 1 socket alone , no other electronic device :D I tryed unpluged AC power but the noice is still there . This buzzing noise doesn't appear when i dont install any driver .

thangbeo2708
01-03-2015, 03:51 AM
Oh im so sorry . I've just try to uninstall the driver and the noise is still there , although it stop when i mute or unplug my headphones :D I guess this is the laptop isssue because my headphones works fine on another laptop :D

hmscott
01-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Oh im so sorry . I've just try to uninstall the driver and the noise is still there , although it stop when i mute or unplug my headphones :D I guess this is the laptop isssue because my headphones works fine on another laptop :D

thangbeo2708, what make/model of headphones do you have? Low impedance headphones tend to have a noise floor, the headphone amp in the G750's matches high impedance headphones best. 100 ohm and above. Below 40 ohm it gets noisy - like Apple ear buds, or any other headphones with low impedance.

Re-reading this thread again, those with hiss sensitive ears like headphones 150 ohm - 250 ohm or above, for many people 32 ohm and above are ok. My 40 ohm Sony MDR-XB500's have no hiss.

What headphones do you use with your g750?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35545-What-headphones-do-you-use-with-your-g750&highlight=impedance+headphones

USB headphones, BT headphones, and TOSLINK output driven headphones won't have this problem :)

thangbeo2708
01-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Im using Razer Electra with 32 ohm :D I wish i had known this when i buy my headphones :( Maybe a toslink can help . Is toslink a kind of cable that connects my laptop and my headphones ?