PDA

View Full Version : G75VW-DS71 won't start. No fans, activity lights, screen activity or ROG sound at boo

ArmaSwiss
01-03-2015, 05:54 AM
So. My faithful G75 has seemed to bit the dust.

Story behind the problem.
The night before, I was gaming/streaming and had no issues at all, aside from a faulty lvds signal which causes areas of the screen go green, but that was always fixed with a light tap above where it is connected to the motherboard. I shut the computer down to go to bed.

The next morning I woke up, went to turn on the laptop, and....nothing. power through USB worked fine, as the light on my external HD lit up when I pressed the power button. Power light came on, but no boot screen or boot-sound (enabled in the bios). I had a tv plugged in via hdmo, and nothing appeared on that screen either. I also found that the fans neither turned on. My first thought is the motherboard became fried sometime while i was asleep. Possible faulty ac adapter? Was wondering if any of the other forum members have an idea of what happened. Its currently in Milipitas on an rma order to see if they can fix it, along with some of the lesser problems (2nd HDD bay wouldnt recognise any hdd placed in it and the faulty lvds cable)

Clintlgm
01-03-2015, 09:02 PM
Sounds like the RMA was your best bet to revive it. You might contact cl-albert he can sometimes help move a RMA on toward success

ArmaSwiss
01-04-2015, 04:17 AM
Thanks clint! Would i contact him via the forum or email? The forums a bit hard to use on mobile (sadly what I am stuck with, while my g75 is on rma)