PDA

View Full Version : G751JT Battery Replacement?

BringRuck
01-06-2015, 04:10 AM
Been searching for a while with no luck. Does anyone know where to purchase a battery replacement for the g751JT?

It sure would be a drag for the warranty to expire just about the time a batteries life begins to decay.

Thanks!

BringRuck
01-13-2015, 01:33 AM
Anyone know? What happens if I need a new battery in two years?

cl-Albert
01-13-2015, 02:38 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, you may have noticed the G751JT comes with an internal battery which is not user-serviceable, so I'm guessing you may need to send back the notebook to ASUS for out-of-warranty service unless you can find another place to buy them and replace it for you if necessary.

If you're in the U.S. or Canada, you may want check back with ASUS support, or the U.S. eStore site later (as long as you have a 'safe' way to replace it on your end) when you need it to see if anything has changed regarding this, but I'm pretty sure the U.S. eStore site isn't selling it right now.

http://us.estore.asus.com/

paulb_kw
06-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Hello all,
I just got my G751JT-DH72-CA and did a quick swap out of the two 1TB HDD and installed 1 Intel 529 series 240 GB SSD
and 1 Sandisk 240 gb SSD. The trade off in storage size for speed and the ability to correctly optimize the drives as required
was a MUST for me. Purchased a new copy of Windows 8.1 and all is well.
As per d-Albert,s post, I have balso een looking for detail regarding battery replacement.
Finding a source was easy, just do a search for a G751JT battery. Looks like $ 139.95 probably USD.
Finding out how to do this without screwing up the laptop is another. It looks as if the whole lower cover
plate needs to come off to access the large Liion battery. Asus says battery replacement by qualified personnel only.
I intend to become qualified IF I can find the instructions. If I find them I will pass it along. Please do likewise
if you find a way.
Cheers,
Paul aka paulb_kw aka Pkw

Prostar Computer
06-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Anyone know? What happens if I need a new battery in two years?

If you take care of it, it is liable to last longer than two years (this is assuming it doesn't get exposed to excessive heat or wear and tear - as in you don't charge it fully and discharge it completely (20% - 80% is usually ideal for longevity)).

Replacements will certainly be a bit more difficult to track down due to the design.

paulb_kw
06-22-2015, 03:26 PM
The Asus G751JT ROG Laptop Battery Issue.
In addition to my previous comments:
if I had known prior to making the purchase, that
the battery was basically not user serviceable, there
is NO WAY I would have bought this G751JT ROG Laptop.
Not buying it would have steered me to perhaps a worse
buying decision. Hind sight is 20/20

I sincerely hope a knowledgeable AsusTek representative
will impart some information to this forum about the “correct”
procedure to remove and replace the battery in the G751JT ROG
Laptop and perhaps other affected models, if any.

I know this for a fact. If and when the word gets around
via the reviews, that some Asus ROG laptops have a so
called non user serviceable Li Ion battery, a lot of potential
buyers will steer clear because of it.

I am 70 years old and have been working at computers
for a long time. Like many of you there, I’m the Go To Guy here.
However, clearly, I still have a lot to learn.

Vuthdy leang
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Hello all ASUS ROG members. I bought ASUS ROG G751JT since December 2015. and now I have a problem with the battery. anyone knows the price? I live in Cambodia. Thanks.

JustinThyme
03-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Hello all ASUS ROG members. I bought ASUS ROG G751JT since December 2015. and now I have a problem with the battery. anyone knows the price? I live in Cambodia. Thanks.

I dont know where you can source them in Cambodia but they are widely available in the US.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=asus+G751jt+battery&tbm=shop

WillyB1337
04-27-2018, 08:41 PM
Step 1 : Buy an original ASUS battery (the one with the ASUS logo)

Step 2 : Follow this guide below

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Asus+ROG+G751JL-BB17T29+Battery+Replacement/7314846-G751JT-Battery-Replacement

I have one to repair shortly. Bought a genuine ASUS battery from Ebay.

I bought this one : https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-A42N1403-Battery-for-ASUS-G751-G751JT-G751JT-CH71-A42LM93-GFX71JY-OEM/142656616019 for 90$ canadian. That's how much you pay for original parts :cool:

Here's the old beast! I'll hope everything will go to plan!