PDA

View Full Version : G55VW ROG software download?

yuckfunky
01-06-2015, 09:30 PM
HEY thanks for looking,

I recently had my hd die on my 55gvw and installed a new ssd with windows 8. Unfortunately my software was lost in the process I do have the disc but apparently my optic drive no longer works. Can i download the software anywhere to let the buttons and functions on my keyboard work again? I'd really like to be able to set the different modes (entertainment, gaming) that I was able to do before with the keyboard+software functionality.

GottiBoi55
01-07-2015, 01:22 AM
HEY thanks for looking,

I recently had my hd die on my 55gvw and installed a new ssd with windows 8. Unfortunately my software was lost in the process I do have the disc but apparently my optic drive no longer works. Can i download the software anywhere to let the buttons and functions on my keyboard work again? I'd really like to be able to set the different modes (entertainment, gaming) that I was able to do before with the keyboard+software functionality.

You can transfer the contains of your driver, and utilities disk to a USB stick.
Or you can find all the latest downloads from here>>>>>Drivers & Tools (http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G55VW/HelpDesk_Download/)

yuckfunky
01-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Hi thanks again for the help,
I'm not exactly sure what to download to get the full keyboard functionality of the software I had before I installed the new hard drive. I'd really love to disable my mousepad, use my volume buttons, and the sleep buttons again.

GottiBoi55
01-11-2015, 02:37 AM
Here's a list of drivers you should install.

Note: Number 11 is for fn key functions.

1. Intel Chipset Driver.
2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
3. Intel USB 3.0 Drive.
4. Intel Management Engin.
5. NVidia GeForce Drivers.
6. Audio Driver.
7. LAN Driver.
8. WLAN Driver.
9. Bluetooth Driver.
10. Multi-Card Reader Driver.
11. ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities (fn key functions).
12. Touchpad Driver.
13. Keyboard Device Filter Utility
14. ASUS Wireless Switch (Wireless Console3) Utility
Optional Drivers, and Utilities
15. Power 4 Gear (Asus Power Plan Utility, power modes, Performance, Entrainment, Power saving)
16. ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology (Asus Color Modes) Not really worth installing, not the best color enhancements IMO.
17. Instant On Utility (Hybid sleep modes)
18. WebCam Utility

This should get you up and running again.
BTW, Welcome to the ROG forum.