PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Gaming Asus G750JY-T4036D

Ifrim Alin
01-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Hi , i just bought this notebook and i have a several problems with it . First one is the subwoofer witch is stoping when i listen music or other craps , and second when i open it is seems that a red stripe is showing on the screen ( i want to think that is from the BIOS ) , can you sugest me what to do, really bothers me .Please help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uF-0VX_-zU <- Here is the problem with the red stripe , you will notice between 0:10 and 0.11 . Can someone tell me what is wrong ?!

hmscott
01-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Hi , i just bought this notebook and i have a several problems with it . First one is the subwoofer witch is stoping when i listen music or other craps , and second when i open it is seems that a red stripe is showing on the screen ( i want to think that is from the BIOS ) , can you sugest me what to do, really bothers me .Please help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uF-0VX_-zU <- Here is the problem with the red stripe , you will notice between 0:10 and 0.11 . Can someone tell me what is wrong ?!

Ifrim, the red line at the top of the screen occurs at the switch between DOS and Windows, and is normal.

The subwoofer is being over driven by Windows by default, it is this way for everyone, though many don't notice. :)

The solution is to reduce the output to the subwoofer to 65% and then tune from there. Most modern music with a strong baseline is going to overdrive, and 50% is a good mid range setting to increase/decrease from - depends on how high you like to keep the overall volume, my G750JH is set at 65%.

When you are comfortable with the G750JY, and have explored how to turn off Optimus, via the BIOS setting C-states, please let us know how it works. Many of us need Optimus disabled to run only on the Nvidia GPU. Please let us know if you are able to work out how to disable Optimus on the G750JY.

Please keep us updated on how the G750JY performs after tuning with Intel XTU, Asus Tweak tool for Graphics cards and MSI Afterburner. :)

Areosjc
01-08-2015, 10:51 PM
I also would like to add a request to share some pics of the whole externals please. I like to compare it to others G750 models. Thank you!!