PDA

View Full Version : Tytan g30AB speed button not working anymore

mgsdude
01-10-2015, 12:32 PM
Hi there I have a problem with my Tytan, I had to do a refresh of the OS and ever since the the speed button does not work when I
press it, I have installed the AI suite but the button still does not work, I can overclock it manually but it does not alter the fan speeds
like it did before, I keep getting alerts that my temperatures are sky high after a while, are there any drivers that I have missed to enable the button to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

toronto699
01-10-2015, 02:03 PM
http://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_TYTAN_G30AB/HelpDesk_Download/ here is the driver page , update bios if u have not already , install the level up driver Version 2.02.01 , what I did on the driver page was install the latest bios first then these , intel management driver , level up driver version 2.02.01 then AI Suite . hope this helps, have ? do u hear your fans running as they are quite loud when G30 is on hard not to hear if they are running? In my AI Suite "probe " my cpu fan is running at 1450 rpm my chassis fan is running at 1750 rpm with no load my AI suite says my level up driver is 1.00.08 ,asus GPUZ says my graphic card fan speed is 1100 rpm , I don't know why asus did not make a new AI Suite with the newer level up driver included and the USB 3 Boost software for the G30AB
http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/the_best_usb3_experience/The_UASP_For_USB3.0.htm

mgsdude
01-10-2015, 06:01 PM
I have tried what you have said to no avail, I can OC the board, just not using the speed button on my tower itself, it has seemed to unbind itself and become unusable, the fan speeds stay static, but before the fan speeds used to alter when I pressed the speed button to overclock, now it just doesnt work and if I OC via the AI suite the fans do not speed up at all and the temperature soars.

toronto699
01-10-2015, 06:30 PM
the second option would be to uninstall AI suite then reinstall it again and any Level up driver in add remove programs , although my AI Suite says my version of level up is 1.00.08 when I press the level up button its actually level up Version 2.02.01 that's being used . try uninstalling AI Suite and any level up in add remove programs and reinstall them before u reinstall Delete any files in these 2 folders temp and %temp% not all files will let u delete them as they may be in use but delete all u can before trying to reinstall AI suite and level up driver delete the files from recycle bin after deleting temp and %temp% files