PDA

View Full Version : R9 290 Direct II OC 4gb freeaze on update black screen

StBull
01-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Hi all seem some samilar issues on the web to this but not found and fix if there is one and if its not a fault. No expert on these things so hoping someone can shed some light on it as the support from ASUS seem to take a while to get back to.

Anyway bought this card about 5 days ago now installed fine and was all running as it should but i had not updated or check if i was using the latest drivers/bios . So thought id check and used the live update on the gpu tweak. Well that was the end of the working card . Screen freezed up on the installing part and crashed pc on rebooting the card no longer displays anything and give of 3 beeps the first is normal on my board the second to a bit longer in length . The VGA light also stay lit on my asus sabertooth 990fx r2.0 board. Have tried 2 of my older cards and they both work fine and the vga light goes out. Tried everything from restoring the pc to an early time to ressetting the board bios and nothing changes has this update thing screwed the card if so its going straight back and dont know if ill bother asking for a replacement as id be worried the same thing will happen when update. :(

Any help would be appreciated

StBull
01-12-2015, 11:37 PM
looks like theres not alot of help on here either . Shame just gona send it back and look for something else looks like from being online lots of people been having various issues with this card after running the gzip update. Just frustrating and anoying the time its cost me trying to get the stupid thing to run again . Shame before updating was running well only updated cos i thought it would be better of with the latest current stuff how wrong was i

Octopuss
01-13-2015, 09:25 AM
This forum is kind of dead. Only a few people visiting here, and it's not a place where you'd get any official responses anyway. I had high hopes when I registered too.

StBull
01-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Ok thanks for the info ;)