PDA

View Full Version : G750JX Boot Issue

demonz500
01-12-2015, 09:50 PM
I've recently experienced a boot issue with my G750JX.
My laptop had been working normally, but recently the boot issue's appeared.
After pressing the power button, the laptop won't boot to the Windows.
Usually after pressing the power button, the light of the keyboard is on, then the Asus logo appears on the screen, then the Windows logo appears.
But now after pressing the power button, It sometimes take a few minutes to even an hour for the light of the keyboard to be on, then the Asus logo and Windows logo appear and it boots to the Windows as normal.
But sometimes it seems impossible for my laptop to boot to the Windows.

I can hear the fans running, the light of trackpad is on and the light of power button is on, But the laptop screen is still black and it doesn't boot to the Windows. However, once it boots to the Windows successfully, everything seems to work normally.

The same problem appears if I restart the Windows.

I've never experienced such problem before. I've tried several ways to fix this issue, but it isn't going anywhere.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Thanks.

Dopp0
01-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Hi man,

I could say I have the same issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55458-G750JX-and-BIOS-209-Issue

What is happening in my case is that some ghost recovery partition from Windows 8 is creating a boot option on BIOS and then the notebook tries to boot to an inexistent OS. It creates 2 boot options, and set them for default. (I've upgraded to Windows 8.1)

If you want to check if the same happens to you, do the following:
- Power up and press F2 quickly (repeteadly)
- On BIOS, check the BOOT tab and check the options
- On the last tab, try to select each one to override the boot, until you find the correct one.

In my case, it always works, but if I try to delete the wrong boot options, they come back, so someone is restoring it.

ultimazlitezjc
01-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi man,

I could say I have the same issue: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55458-G750JX-and-BIOS-209-Issue

If you want to check if the same happens to you, do the following:
- Power up and press F2 quickly (repeteadly)
- On BIOS, check the BOOT tab and check the options
- On the last tab, try to select each one to override the boot, until you find the correct one.

In my case, it always works, but if I try to delete the wrong boot options, they come back, so someone is restoring it.

read this thread but as the same as demonz problem it is working perfectly on 209 and windows 8.1 but recently i encountered this one too

http://vid219.photobucket.com/albums/cc158/ultimazlitezjc/IMG_01991_1.mp4

and i accessed my bios and it has 2 boot options and quite strange

GottiBoi55
01-18-2015, 03:05 AM
I believe the solution is to delete "Boot Option #1" (the first one on the list) in the BIOS.
After you delete boot option #1 you will need to go last tab save changes, or hit f10 save and exit.
For some strange reason BIOS V.209 creates two boot options.

ultimazlitezjc
02-01-2015, 02:04 AM
i only got one boot option now but problem still persist :(
it went ok for a week and now it still the same as the video posted

ultimazlitezjc
02-01-2015, 05:40 AM
also emailed asus now for clarification