PDA

View Full Version : G751JY In hibernation starts with lid closed when connecting AC

SnowG
01-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Its strange but I have got already 3 times that i put my pc in hibernation... next day i plug in the AC adapter and it starts booting automatically while the lid is closed! When I open up the lid the screen is black. I push the power button once-> Sleep and push again the power button so it boots again out of sleep and than everything is normal.

lordico
03-18-2015, 11:38 AM
Same here, have you found a solution yet?
Its strange but I have got already 3 times that i put my pc in hibernation... next day i plug in the AC adapter and it starts booting automatically while the lid is closed! When I open up the lid the screen is black. I push the power button once-> Sleep and push again the power button so it boots again out of sleep and than everything is normal.

NitroX
03-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Yeah, just don't use the Hibernation setting. Also, why are you unplugging the laptop while it is in sleep mode ? The battery won't charge if it has over 95% capacity even if the notebook is turned off or in sleep mode. You could just let the laptop plugged over the night.
I would suggest changing the next things in the Power Plan that you are using:

1) Under Sleep--> Allow Hybrid Sleep --> Off for both plugged or unplugged.
2) Hibernate ---> Never (For both plugged/unplugged).
3) Lid Close Action ---> Do Nothing. You can just press the power button if you want the laptop to enter sleep mode. This also allows you to quick switch on external monitors by just closing the lid. The GPU will automatically detect that the notebook display turned off and it will automatically activate the External Monitor.

I also have these next settings but I don't know if they affect the turning on of the notebook or the display.
4) PCI Express ---> Link State Power --> Do nothing for plugged in
5) USB Selective suspend ---> Off for plugged in
6) Intel Energy Efficient --> Off for Plugged In
7) Harddisk ---> Turn off Harddisk ---> Never (For plugged in).

These changes have been applied to the "Balanced" Power Plan from windows 8.1.

Corporal
03-20-2015, 04:59 PM

I've just tried it on mine and couldn't reproduce it.