PDA

View Full Version : Thank you ASUS for 2 amazing Laptops :)

HarryCYUL
01-15-2015, 03:13 PM
I own the following and love them so much. my G751 is just 1 week old and my G750 is around 6months old.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232227

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231933

:D happy 2015 to ASUS and all ROG owners.

RAM-disk
01-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Something's off here................

_
01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Most welcome! :)

We do have many satisfied customers you know :P

smallj53
01-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Hear! Hear!

And my amazing 751JY is AMAZING. Sure it is not perfect but you would get the impression around here that everyone is super unhappy with ASUS and the ROG line in particular. Not so! I played a better round of BF4 last night with this new lappie than I ever did on my Lenovo y580. Something about running the game on ULTRA settings...or was it the 1080p resolution?

Anyway, this laptop is a blast. How about everyone chime in and post some good news for a change? Might make Marshall so happy he'll work even harder to solve the speaker problem!

Arnas
01-15-2015, 07:24 PM
I hope g751jy would be amazing, i get this beast Saturday. Few questions about sound. How good dac on this one? It is on warmer or on brighter side? Dac is noisy? If Marshall answer those questions it will be good :)

Arnas
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM
And how to completely turn off the power? Because it is required when upgrading ram and hard drive. Sata 3 is the one near ram?

NitroX
01-15-2015, 08:36 PM
Hear! Hear!

And my amazing 751JY is AMAZING. Sure it is not perfect but you would get the impression around here that everyone is super unhappy with ASUS and the ROG line in particular. Not so! I played a better round of BF4 last night with this new lappie than I ever did on my Lenovo y580. Something about running the game on ULTRA settings...or was it the 1080p resolution?

Anyway, this laptop is a blast. How about everyone chime in and post some good news for a change? Might make Marshall so happy he'll work even harder to solve the speaker problem!

Most of the people have the right to complain. Having issues with very high temperatures, faulty keyboard, faulty touch pad, bad screen, isn't quite an aspect that would make you happy considering the price you pay for this unit.
And other people are here on the forum just because they encountered some problems with their model and they want to solve them or try to improve the current performance of their units.
I, for example, am quite happy with my laptop, just that it has some flaws that could be corrected by the ASUS technical service with future updates (like a more suitable fan profile, the sound drivers, a software to control the keyboard backlit fade off) . And of course, when you have very high hopes about something that isn't as amazing as you thought you eventually end up in regret :). It's something perfectly normal.

So yes, these laptops are some seriously performance beasts with a mind blowing screen, a very good keyboard, a nice design, capable cooling system, but they also have flaws that could have been corrected by ASUS before sending them on the market. If we would just let it be and don't express our dissatisfaction regarding the products we buy then ASUS would just think that hey have made a hell of a job and this is not the case. They should have learned from the previous models from G Series and try to compensate all the lacks instead of creating new ones for these models.