PDA

View Full Version : New profile for fans G751 JY

Wishmaker77
01-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Hi !! I have second G751 JY (i7 4860HQ , 16 GB ram , 980m , ssd 256 plextor m6s , 1 tb hitachi) again have higher MAX temps on cpu , but lower then i have in first . I thinking what too do , i used notebook fan control with asus zenbook profile , but on him idle have 50 degrees on cpu cause he has 0-50 fans off ... So i thinking how to make new profile ... its take some time cause i dont know this program before but i make it :) Now i have new profile its called NOWY and he works auto :
0-30 degrees fans 0
30-45 degrees fans 25%
45-55 degrees fans 37,5 %
55-65 degrees fans 50 %
65-80 degrees fans 100 %
Its works amazing on furmark + prime 95 small ftt i take down my temps almost on 10 from MAX ...again i have core 2 with higher temps without this profil on this test i have 94 on core 2 and throttling 45642 this temps are not good i have lower but is 1 example . In game is ALOT better :) FC4 on ultra i have 58-74 on cpu never reach 80 hahaha GPU max 68 but almost time 58-61 :)

NitroX
01-17-2015, 04:42 PM
That's amazing dude! Could you please share a fast tutorial on how you managed to set the new profile for NotebookFanControl ?
I am currently speaking with the ASUS tech support from my country and I'm trying to make them understand that a large percentage of G751JY users have issues with CPU temperature and that we need a new fan profile. But until now I only got responses like "Install the latest drivers", "Call the service for a repaste", "Use a coolpad" . Seriously... they actually told me to use a coolpad for this machine... If I wanted to use a coolpad I wouldn't have bought a 4KG freaking monster ...

PS: Could you also share some screenshots with the CPU fan rpm on maximum load , please!

Wishmaker77
01-17-2015, 05:42 PM
I can make more i can put here this profil so u can download and put in your instaled notebook fan folder and use :) But i thinking about some changes in him cause its to cold in idle and too fast 100% fans :) I think better will be 30-40 degrees and 12,5 % fans , and 73-80 make 100% fan , ofc i change others to have all degrees in fan controls :)
max fans 3300 , but on hwmonitor i see one time 4200 in high , but i think its some bug in aida 64 never cross 3300 .

d0r1n
01-17-2015, 06:01 PM
i stress out the cpu and never gets more that 79c and 2800rpm :)))
at idle has 40-42c and 2200rpm

Wishmaker77
01-17-2015, 06:05 PM
i stress out the cpu and never gets more that 79c and 2800rpm :)))
at idle has 40-42c and 2200rpm Good for u But u have JY with i7 4860 ?

NitroX
01-17-2015, 06:34 PM
I can make more i can put here this profil so u can download and put in your instaled notebook fan folder and use :) But i thinking about some changes in him cause its to cold in idle and too fast 100% fans :) I think better will be 30-40 degrees and 12,5 % fans , and 73-80 make 100% fan , ofc i change others to have all degrees in fan controls :)
max fans 3300 , but on hwmonitor i see one time 4200 in high , but i think its some bug in aida 64 never cross 3300 .

I started messing up with NotebookFanControl either. I am sure that the maximum fan speed is higher than 3300, because some guy on the forums had a bug on his laptop that made the CPU fan run at maximum speed without any software change and the fan was running at 4200rpm (The maximum we know for sure until now).
I'm waiting for a config from you, because I can't seem to get the NBFC to work as I intend :))

Boxis
01-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Looks impressive, good job Wishmaker. Please keep us updated about your fan profile, because I seriously wanna cry when I play Far Cry 3 and see 93C temps and checking guy on youtube with same laptop and has 74C . . . Trying to delay RMA as long as possible, but if this fan profile would work well without any issues then it would fix problems of many people there.

d0r1n
01-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Good for u But u have JY with i7 4860 ?

jy 4710

insiZion1
01-17-2015, 08:51 PM
Dorin. Are you stressing cpu and gpu using prime and furmark at the same time? If so thats great temps.
wishmaker. Pkease hurry with the custom fan config :)
The only way i can bring temps down when maxing out on demanding games is by changing processor power management to 99%. This keeps the games running below 80. Without this it can be in the 90s. Ive tried xtu and undervolting but this has very little effect on temps.

NitroX
01-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Dorin. Are you stressing cpu and gpu using prime and furmark at the same time? If so thats great temps.
wishmaker. Pkease hurry with the custom fan config :)
The only way i can bring temps down when maxing out on demanding games is by changing processor power management to 99%. This keeps the games running below 80. Without this it can be in the 90s. Ive tried xtu and undervolting but this has very little effect on temps.

It seems I managed to make a profile similar to the default one, but with higher CPU/GPU rpm after 60C. I have to test it in different situations and I'll come back with a profile upload if everything works fine.
Btw, the fact that you make your processor run on maximum 99% actually kills it's turbo and it limits the CPU to 2490Mhz or smth. That's why you get so good temps. But that is not a solution because you are killng more than 30% of the CPU power. The CPU should run fine even at 3500Mhz constantly.
It seems that with a NBFC profile I may get the opportunity to run the CPU at it's full power without worrying about high temps or throttle.

d0r1n
01-17-2015, 10:00 PM
ok,i tested again,this time for 30min...i had prime95,xtu and furmark working in the same time:
proc was 85 84 84 85
video was 70c for the first 20min,and 71c the rest 10min

i think is good,i was not even near 90c....lucky me

Wishmaker77
01-17-2015, 10:14 PM
ok,i tested again,this time for 30min...i had prime95,xtu and furmark working in the same time:
proc was 85 84 84 85
video was 70c for the first 20min,and 71c the rest 10min

i think is good,i was not even near 90c....lucky me

No lucky u have i7 4710hq he have lowest temps , lowest igpu, and lowest all test in benchmarks ... i7 4860hq have iris igpu , he makes more v on 3,6 turbo he reach 1,2 v he has almost 10 degrees higher temps , cause even igpu is blocked its all time takes some v ..... look at some test http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu/Intel+Core+i7-4860HQ+Processor/review , http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/cpu/Intel+Core+i7-4710HQ/review ... i make test with friend using PerformanceTest 8,0 evoluation version same there he makes near 9000 i make almost 9900 in cpu test , guys if u wanna i put this NOWA profil i not changing him cause im a little drunk now but i make it maybe tomorrow

NitroX
01-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Ok, so after almost 4 hours of testing with software and by ear I finally came up with a NotebookFanControl profile for the G751JY. I tried to make this profile as close I could get to the default values adding and increased rpm while under load. I personally tested it while idle, watching a movie, web surfing, light gaming (CS:GO), heavy gaming (AC Unity). It still needs some adjustments to increase the rpm more fluently but I am too tired at this point.

You can get my NotebookFanControl profile over here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B93LgJfweryfMlh0TlFIbm45T3M&usp=sharing . Just take it and then import it using NotebookFanControler options or just copy the config folder (Program Files->NotebookFanControl->Config and after that you will see the profile in your list).

So, the results where great taking into consideration that the CPU fan runs at a constant 3300rpm when the temp reaches 60-65C.
You can see some comparisons right here (Don't worry about the Min and Max values of the Fan because HWMonitor has some reading errors while you activate NBFC. The max is 3300rpm and the min is 2200rpm):
Without NBFC and without Undervolting: 45652
Just with Undervolting: 45653
With Undervolt and NBFC Profile: 45655

I will try to work on that profile and make it even better. Many thanks to Wishmaker because he has driven me to work on it all day!

Wishmaker77
01-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Nitrox , good job bro , but i thinking to higher step when fans goes on 100 % , cause when they are on 100% easy makes temps down , second think on 1 picture that higher gpu temp 83 its amzing cause even on my first g751 which i return i never reach 80 in high :P I need make some overvolting tell me nitro how much v u have in max turbo 3600 on core ??? check in hwinfo . LOL and wtf this 25500 on fan high in last 3 pict in hwmonitor :P

insiZion1
01-17-2015, 11:00 PM
Thx to the both of you..i will try this tommorrow and maybe even have a go myself at a profile.

NitroX
01-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Thanks! It was all cause of you. I don't know why the high temps, but the GPU never reached 80 since then. I think that it was too much heat accumulated from the CPU and the GPU couldn't cool itself anymore. You can see all the volts on the cores right here:

I'm happy that I finally found a solution for the temps. I'm also currently speaking with the ASUS tech support but they are so narrow minded... they can't understand that this problem, with the CPU temp, is a large scale problem. I'm waiting for their next answer to see what they will be telling me.

Wishmaker77
01-17-2015, 11:14 PM
Nitro your overvolting makes difrence :) i have 1,2 on cores when 3,6 going , can u make XTU pictures of all changes u make to this overvolting profil :)

NitroX
01-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Yep. The Undervolt does make a good difference. And I think the CPU could go even lower with the voltage, but XTU doesn't allow any more undervolt for the cores and cache.
Well, here you are, the whole process of undervolting and the results: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52467-Got-your-new-G751JY-G751JT-G751JM-Post-your-review-temps-benchmark-results!&p=461645&viewfull=1#post461645
I'm going to bed right now. Cya tomorrow with the news !

BTW: I am also running on a i7-4710HQ so the temp difference could also be due to that :|... I mean between my results and yours

Wishmaker77
01-18-2015, 12:36 AM
Undervotling -90 and firestriker test temps and result :P 45657

NitroX
01-18-2015, 07:34 AM
And what were the temps before you undervolted :D ? And what's the maximum voltage you have now on each core ?

insiZion1
01-18-2015, 08:37 AM
-90 after a few hours idle then gaming would crash. The most stable undervolt ive had so far is -75.

Wishmaker77
01-18-2015, 08:55 AM
And what were the temps before you undervolted :D ? And what's the maximum voltage you have now on each core ?

U have all on picture , hwinfo max 1,1 v now before 1,2 v :) I have bad pasting core 2 always have some higher temps if its will be stable is very good i using all time my profil , maybe i check your today :)

insiZion1
01-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Nitrox. Are you testing using furmark along side xtu stress test with your undervolt and fan config?
Ive tried and it makes no different with the overal temps ...still hitting 94-95:(
The undervolt certainly makes a difference when testing the cpu only. As soon as the gpu is tested at the same time however it shoots back up.

Boxis
01-18-2015, 08:59 PM
At the end max fans didnt help me at all. Still hitting 93C in Far Cry, 90 in AC Black Flag, and throtling in prime/fur :( even with noisy fans . But as insiZion wrote above, when CPU is stressed, its fine but when I stress GPU as well then CPU temps skyrocket pretty fast. Also I tried just Furmark alone without CPU stressing, and its funny but CPU temps reached 85-86C just from Furmark alone so ye, I will have some problem with cooling in my machine. I will just send it RMA in a week, since there is no way how this high-end laptop can reach these temps, at least comparing to others on youtube.
Oh well :(

Edit : Anyway thanks to Wishmaker and NitroX for your fan profiles, at least you guys trying to find out solutions for this problem :)

NitroX
01-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Nitrox. Are you testing using furmark along side xtu stress test with your undervolt and fan config?
Ive tried and it makes no different with the overal temps ...still hitting 94-95:(
The undervolt certainly makes a difference when testing the cpu only. As soon as the gpu is tested at the same time however it shoots back up.

Nope. I only tested Prime95+OCCT (instead of furmark) today but just to see how the fans will behave. For my testing I mainly use games: AC Unity/NFS Rivals/CS:GO for different levels of stress.

@Boxis: You're welcome! I think that you really have some issues with the pasting because with my profile I don't even get to 80C on AC Unity (which normally went to a max of 90C). Now the average is 75-76C for the CPU, 70-72C for the GPU compared to 85-86C CPU and 76-77 GPU with my Undervolt and all CPU cores on 3400Mhz.

I'm sorry that this ain't working for you guys. You should clearly go for an RMA or ask for a repaste at the warranty service. If higher fan rpms won't help then it definitely won't get any better on the future when the dust will also build up or when the ambient temps will increase (in the summer). This is mainly why I am struggling to find a sweet spot for my temps now. Because in the summer it usually gets even hotter and I won't stand to see 90C on my gaming laptop for 6 months a year.

News on the profile: I have worked today on the fan profiles and I managed to make them more quiet at idle by disabling the GPU fan until it reaches 50C, and I have introduced more steps for the CPU/GPU fans so it won't get too loud when I am light gaming (ex: CS:GO fans only go to 20/30% which means CPU 2500-2700rpm). For medium gaming I used NFS Rivals which uses 30/40% of the fans , and for heavy gaming I used AC Unity which uses 40%-60% of the fans (CPU at 3100-3300rpm). The percentages are from NBFC steps, and they don't show the real percentage of the fans rpm!!!.

I've also found out something interesting. It seems that both fans are triggered only by the CPU temp. This explains a lot why I couldn't seem to make proper GPU levels. I have to look further into it and see if it is only an error or this is how it is supposed to be (considering that I used the Zenbook UX32 profile).

All these being said, I won't upload the latest profile because I've also encountered some issues with randomly "Left clicks" even with the touchpad disabled and mouse plugged off. I will first have to test the stability of the profile and then I will post it here.

I strongly advise you NOT to mess up with the read/write values on the NBFC because after I have done that the laptop went mad and it started left clicking like mad (once at 2 secs) and then it went into sleep more unexpectedly and it also messed up my battery PowerManagement and I had to reset it by pressing the power button for 5-7 secs. But, once again, this has happened only because I messed up with the read/write values!.

joro_abv
01-19-2015, 08:56 AM
Thanks for your efforts NitroX. Why don't you try getting in touch with the NBFC developper, when you sort out the right steps and levels for the profile. Hopefully he would include a profile for G751 done the right way, so no side issues pop up.

NitroX
01-19-2015, 10:48 AM
My pleasure! I will take that into consideration but I'll have to wait until I have some more time to spend. I just started my exam session and I gotta be focused on the learning part for 2 weeks or so :). I'll come up with the news as soon as I manage to make another leap forward with the fan profiles. Who knows, maybe ASUS would listen to my suggestion and understand that this is a common issue among G751 users and get us an update for the fans. Maybe if more people will keep bothering them with the same issue they will understand that an update is necessary.

EDIT: It seems that I got my answer from ASUS support and it seems promising. Check the long variant over here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55539-G751-Fan-Control-and-Overheating&p=468448&viewfull=1#post468448 . Short version: We may get a future Bios update for the fan profiles if the development team will take this serious.

Wishmaker77
02-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Nope. I only tested Prime95+OCCT (instead of furmark) today but just to see how the fans will behave. For my testing I mainly use games: AC Unity/NFS Rivals/CS:GO for different levels of stress.

@Boxis: You're welcome! I think that you really have some issues with the pasting because with my profile I don't even get to 80C on AC Unity (which normally went to a max of 90C). Now the average is 75-76C for the CPU, 70-72C for the GPU compared to 85-86C CPU and 76-77 GPU with my Undervolt and all CPU cores on 3400Mhz.

I'm sorry that this ain't working for you guys. You should clearly go for an RMA or ask for a repaste at the warranty service. If higher fan rpms won't help then it definitely won't get any better on the future when the dust will also build up or when the ambient temps will increase (in the summer). This is mainly why I am struggling to find a sweet spot for my temps now. Because in the summer it usually gets even hotter and I won't stand to see 90C on my gaming laptop for 6 months a year.

News on the profile: I have worked today on the fan profiles and I managed to make them more quiet at idle by disabling the GPU fan until it reaches 50C, and I have introduced more steps for the CPU/GPU fans so it won't get too loud when I am light gaming (ex: CS:GO fans only go to 20/30% which means CPU 2500-2700rpm). For medium gaming I used NFS Rivals which uses 30/40% of the fans , and for heavy gaming I used AC Unity which uses 40%-60% of the fans (CPU at 3100-3300rpm). The percentages are from NBFC steps, and they don't show the real percentage of the fans rpm!!!.

I've also found out something interesting. It seems that both fans are triggered only by the CPU temp. This explains a lot why I couldn't seem to make proper GPU levels. I have to look further into it and see if it is only an error or this is how it is supposed to be (considering that I used the Zenbook UX32 profile).

All these being said, I won't upload the latest profile because I've also encountered some issues with randomly "Left clicks" even with the touchpad disabled and mouse plugged off. I will first have to test the stability of the profile and then I will post it here.

I strongly advise you NOT to mess up with the read/write values on the NBFC because after I have done that the laptop went mad and it started left clicking like mad (once at 2 secs) and then it went into sleep more unexpectedly and it also messed up my battery PowerManagement and I had to reset it by pressing the power button for 5-7 secs. But, once again, this has happened only because I messed up with the read/write values!.

Indeed dont mess with read/write , i make new profile 9 days ago , im testing him all this days zero isuess its perfect for me , with i7 4860 i make uv -50 , and this profile now i have ideal temps , zero isues 46315 here 16 hours gaming , working on my asus :)

NitroX
02-08-2015, 11:21 AM
@Wishmaker: Could you upload it or tell me what did you do to get a stable profile ?

Wishmaker77
02-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Nitro u have i7 4710 u dont need nfc :P U have cold cpu hahahah , for all users i7 4860 hq i have one Q : Any of u have stable not 86 degrees + temps ? Cause i think asus make a terrible mistake to make same fan profiles to much hotter , and much higher volt 4860 cpu . Ok i put my profil but pls all who used him pls share here with your results with temps , and remeber this is for i7 4860 hq cpu , this fan config is more agresive but in idle same like normall :) http://przeklej.org/file/1KUDcW/Silence.xml here u are :)

d0r1n
02-08-2015, 06:09 PM
@wish i used your profile,no matter that i got 4710,and hell yeah man,thats a very good job.
before i had in call of duty advance warfare 85 cpu and 84 gpu at ultra details,now i got 79 and 74 so its a big difference

i will modify a little to have maxim rpm after 75c cpu and gpu,i dont mind the sound because i can't hear it over the game sound,better temps better gaming response

NitroX
02-08-2015, 06:51 PM
@wish i used your profile,no matter that i got 4710,and hell yeah man,thats a very good job.
before i had in call of duty advance warfare 85 cpu and 84 gpu at ultra details,now i got 79 and 74 so its a big difference

i will modify a little to have maxim rpm after 75c cpu and gpu,i dont mind the sound because i can't hear it over the game sound,better temps better gaming response

You should also modify the critical temp just to avoid a fan failure while in heavy gaming because sometimes when the temp reaches critical value then the fans would go at idle rpm like 2300.

d0r1n
02-08-2015, 08:30 PM
they go full speed 100% after 75c.....i set the critical temp 95c so they go 100% till 95

but now with 100% speed after 75 they do not pass 74c,both cpu and gpu

rogdood
02-09-2015, 08:34 PM
I'm curios, are the readings in the program coherent with what the temperature sensors output?

Or did you guys get to these settings by trial and error?

Why not have 100% at 70C, for example? Are there any limitations? I'm asking because I haven't yet tested any fan profiles and would like to know what I can fiddle with before.

NitroX
02-09-2015, 09:06 PM
I'm curios, are the readings in the program coherent with what the temperature sensors output?

Or did you guys get to these settings by trial and error?

Why not have 100% at 70C, for example? Are there any limitations? I'm asking because I haven't yet tested any fan profiles and would like to know what I can fiddle with before.

The readings of the program are the real time readings of the CPU temp. Both the CPU and the GPU steps are using the CPU temperature as a trigger. It is quite annoying because when the CPU gets stressed both fans will be triggered, but as it allows you to set different temperature thresholds you can make the GPU fan to work at different speeds than the CPU fan. I don't know if you're fully understanding what I'm trying to say. Let's take for example this, if you set your CPU fan to go at 75% when the temperature reaches 70C and the GPU fan to run at 50% when the temperature reaches 70C, then when the CPU temperature will reach 70C the CPU fan will run at 75% and GPU at 50% (so the GPU fan settings isn't using the GPU temperature readings). Hope you got it!

You could start and test the program with some profiles that me and Wishmaker have already made. Or, if you wanna start a new profile, just use the ASUS Zenbook UX302 as a start point (because it has both CPU and GPU settings) and you can change the temperature thresholds of that profile at your own will. Just DO NOT change other things like Reading/Writting register value because it will start messing up with your power management of the laptop.

d0r1n
02-09-2015, 10:04 PM
i saw that too nitrox,if the cpu is stressed both the coolers act the same speed,why?

Wishmaker77
02-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Because in G751 cpu and gpu have cold system together so its not smart put 50% fan speed on gpu , and 100% fan speed on cpu , cause both of them need to push out same heat , this is why u using only furmark temps on cpu grows too cause 980m give alot heat when works on 100% ...

d0r1n
02-10-2015, 09:48 AM
understood....its great now,i never get pass 74c and 75-87,5% ....before this i was at 84-86c cpu and gpu,so its a big improvement

NitroX
02-10-2015, 02:11 PM
I have written a post on the german forum were NBFC was conceived. I hope to get a response on how to further improve this program. Maybe the developer will want to help us and will make a special profile for the G751.

insiZion1
02-11-2015, 06:34 AM
Brilliant stuff wishmaker. Bf4 maxed is averaging 74 with the highest 79(core 2 but only a spike). This is on the big 64 man servers with all vehiclez and lots of shizzle going on.
one question tho..do you run nbfc all the time ? Or only when gaming?
I find that when i come out of game my temperatures go back to idle the fan at 12.5%. I turn nbfc off...and then my fans seem to come on quite aggressive again.
anyone else noticed this?
Thx and once again good job! Love my g751!!

Just to add..maybe my room temps are cooler today but im now maxing at 69 on some really intensive gameplay. Sweeeet��

d0r1n
02-11-2015, 10:25 AM
yes,they go a bit faster than 12,5%
i keep de profile on all the time,its for the best

JasenDoe
02-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Nitro u have i7 4710 u dont need nfc :P U have cold cpu hahahah , for all users i7 4860 hq i have one Q : Any of u have stable not 86 degrees + temps ? Cause i think asus make a terrible mistake to make same fan profiles to much hotter , and much higher volt 4860 cpu . Ok i put my profil but pls all who used him pls share here with your results with temps , and remeber this is for i7 4860 hq cpu , this fan config is more agresive but in idle same like normall :) http://przeklej.org/file/1KUDcW/Silence.xml here u are :)

I have been using your "silence" profile with my i7-4860HQ, and it is everything but silent :D
It runs very good but let's make a same testing ground.

First your laptop must be ON HIGH PREFORMANCE ( don't give balanced power option info, that is useless and cold ).

NOW ->
Run FURMARK GPU STRESS TEST + Run CPU burner/or XTU CPU stress test ( CPU burner is a tool inside furmark on the left side, and set it to 4 active threads ).
Then let your laptop cook for around 10 minutes :)
DONE!

Post your results here PLEASE! WIth and without profile !
( I am using -90mV undervolt and -100 on cache - XTU )

WITHOUT FAN PROFILE!
91 DEGREES on CPU
76 on GPU

WITH FAN PROFILE!
86 DEGREES CPU
72-73 on GPU

Much better, but without undervolt and profile I am on 95 and throtteling.

Please, let your laptop cook for at least 10+ minutes and look at maximum temps ( with high preformance ! )
POST HERE WITH AND WITHOUT PROFILE !

I think this is too much temp for CPU ... what are your temps guys?
It is stable on -90 / -100 undervolt, and it's not throtteling, but you need to undervolt it not to throttel in this test.

Can't wait to see your results guys!

rogdood
02-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Since everyone is reporting such good temperature values, I guess I'll give a shot of that profile also :)

d0r1n
02-12-2015, 05:48 PM
I am using -90mV undervolt and -100 on cache - XTU
i7-4710hq gtx 980m

WITHOUT FAN PROFILE!
86 DEGREES on CPU
84 on GPU

WITH FAN PROFILE!
74 DEGREES CPU
69 on GPU

JasenDoe
02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
I am using -90mV undervolt and -100 on cache - XTU
i7-4710hq gtx 980m

WITHOUT FAN PROFILE!
86 DEGREES on CPU
84 on GPU

WITH FAN PROFILE!
74 DEGREES CPU
69 on GPU

Wow that is one hot GPU without profile, i am like 76 max without profile, with profile 73!
I think you did a miss-type, your GPU is 74 degrees i think.

But your cpu is like 2-3 degrees less then mine, but mine is 4860HQ, but with profile your CPU is very cold, mine is a lot hotter... try to leave it for 15 minutes, so the heat builds up... because with profile we have 12 degrees difference, and without profile just 4 degrees, you need to let your pc cook under heat for let's say 15 minutes ( until you notice temps are not going any higher )

That means you would also throttle to 95 degrees without undervolt and profile !

Isn't that stupid, that our laptop without any modifications can hit 95 and throttle.
Daaaam.... please guys post more results just like d0r1n did !

d0r1n
02-12-2015, 08:06 PM
no,is 84c gpu...but in call of duty advance warfare and crysis 3....in other games i only reach 75-79c
i dont mind,with the profile i only reach 75% rpms and 74c gpu

i dont throttle at all,without undervolt and profile i got 86 and 84 so thats good,and with undervold and profile i got a maximum of 79c cpu and 75 gpu in crysis

JasenDoe
02-12-2015, 08:48 PM
no,is 84c gpu...but in call of duty advance warfare and crysis 3....in other games i only reach 75-79c
i dont mind,with the profile i only reach 75% rpms and 74c gpu

i dont throttle at all,without undervolt and profile i got 86 and 84 so thats good,and with undervold and profile i got a maximum of 79c cpu and 75 gpu in crysis

I need info with CPU stress test and Furmark running.
And I tought since you said your results with and without fan profile, that you undervolt in both situations.
I have thermal throttel when not undervolting and no profile on this combined test.
I have a lot cooler GPU ( 76 ) without fan then you. But much higher temp with CPU...that's weird but I do have a littler stronger CPU.
With profile i get GPU max on 73... max...
But CPU with profile is 86 max.

Gaming doesn't stress the CPU and GPU like this combined test
While gaming with this profile I also get maximum 80 on CPU and 72 on GPU, but without profile it's one hot mess.

d0r1n
02-12-2015, 09:06 PM
in cpu stress and furmark i get only 74 and 69 with the profile and undervolting,the gaming stressed more and get 79 cpu and 74 gpu
it depends and i dont realy care,i didn t throttle before to make the settings(the maxim was 84-86 on cpu without profile and undervolting so is far away from throttle for 4710)
it seems that is help more the 4860 than the 4710

now its perfect,i dont mind the rpm because i cant hear them over the gaming sound.....74 is a good temp for me in ultra details and games that uses all 4gb of the vram and other 1-2gb from ram(in total of 5-6gb)
btw i didn t have any changes like some people tell about getting over 3,5gb vram that it gets bad in games or something,mine playes good all 4gb vram and gets ver to the ram too :)))

insiZion1
02-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Come on guys... lets stop all this peacocking. The main reason i got this laptop was to just game..and gaming is a dream on this machine! with nbfc its even better now. Lets not try to out fry eachother With endless stress tests .Every game i own on steam and origin runs maxed out..theres too many variables involved as to whos got the best temps. Lets just embrace our machines for now and worry about throttling in a 18 months time...then we can rma! Once again big ups to the wishmaker��

d0r1n
02-12-2015, 09:47 PM
thats what i'm talking about,u are perfectly right...thats why i dont care the temps

JasenDoe
02-12-2015, 10:00 PM
I care because I want to know if I got a bad paste job on cpu.
It is incredible that you got 74 cpu and 69 gpu on that combined stress ( less then your gaming temps ).
When that combined test is set to fry your PC much higher then any game ever could.
Dying light 3 hours straight 76-78 CPU , 67 GPU. That is like stone cold if you ask me.
But in the combined stress test i get 86 spike sometimes, and if you have only 74 that is 12 degrees difference and that is not good.
For only 100 mhz faster procesor, 12 degrees is killer

d0r1n
02-12-2015, 10:11 PM
the thing is that with NO profile the cooler runs at 86c at 2800rpm,thats the fast i had
and now it goes 3300-3400rpm(75%) at 74c and 3300rpm at 79c so thats why i dont have 86 anymore

btw did u know the rpms of the cooler?
i got using the profile 12,5% 2200rpms
25% 2400rpm
50% 2800-2900rpms
75% 3300-3400rpms

what is the maximum?

JasenDoe
02-12-2015, 10:43 PM
the thing is that with NO profile the cooler runs at 86c at 2800rpm,thats the fast i had
and now it goes 3300-3400rpm(75%) at 74c and 3300rpm at 79c so thats why i dont have 86 anymore

btw did u know the rpms of the cooler?
i got using the profile 12,5% 2200rpms
25% 2400rpm
50% 2800-2900rpms
75% 3300-3400rpms

what is the maximum?

I think my maximum is also 3400 RPM, sometimes it jumps to 4200 but that is just a bug in HWmonitor I think.
I am ussualy from 3100-3400 RPM when under stress.

87.5% is 3300-3400 for me
and 100% is also 3400 for me...so I think that is max... because yes sometimes it buggs and showed 3500 that maybe is max, but sometimes it buggs and shows 4200

d0r1n
02-12-2015, 11:20 PM
you're right,it does show 4000-4200rpm at full 100%....whats the best program to see the real speed of the cpu and gpu coolers guys?

NitroX
02-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Come on guys... lets stop all this peacocking. The main reason i got this laptop was to just game..and gaming is a dream on this machine! with nbfc its even better now. Lets not try to out fry eachother With endless stress tests .Every game i own on steam and origin runs maxed out..theres too many variables involved as to whos got the best temps. Lets just embrace our machines for now and worry about throttling in a 18 months time...then we can rma! Once again big ups to the wishmaker��

Amen brother! I have gotten too tired about this high temp problem. I got used to it and I'm glad that there are fixes like downclocking, undervolting and using NBFC to lower the temps. WHat I would like is to get an answer from that German forum that I was talking about and get an actual profile for the G751. I will keep bugging the developer and hope that he will answer.

You could check the NBFC official post here http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1070494&page=48 . The last post is mine, from 5 days ago -_-

x7007
04-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Nice program and profile, this thing saved my performance, now this laptop is really fast and no thorttling , I reach temp of only 86c and that's with OCCT on PSU test , means it test the PSU + CPU + RAM + GPU + I opened GTA V .

So Thank you, I am using the intel XT program to up the Ratio to max + cpu cache and it's good, now I just need to check the other stuff.

serbicu
04-20-2015, 05:34 PM
what version of the notebook fan control do u guys use?

And can you change the gpu fan speed also with this program?

x7007
04-20-2015, 07:18 PM
new version just before 4 hrs

1.3.0.RC0

https://github.com/hirschmann/nbfc/releases

JasenDoe
04-21-2015, 08:56 AM

1.3.0.RC0

So what is new with the new Notebook fan control ?
Is there a g751 profile in there ? :D

joshindaphils
04-21-2015, 10:49 AM
So what is new with the new Notebook fan control ?
Is there a g751 profile in there ? :D

In fact there is! Congrats NitroX.

Changes appear to be under the hood otherwise. UI looks the same, didn't see a change log.

NitroX
04-22-2015, 12:31 PM

1.3.0.RC0

Thanks! Grantig told me that he was going to release a new version of Notebook Fan Control but I forgot to check his releases :D. I'll give it a try as soon as I am free.

In fact there is! Congrats NitroX.

Changes appear to be under the hood otherwise. UI looks the same, didn't see a change log.

Thanks! I will ask the developer to see what are the actual changes. I'll be back with the infos.

warryabel
04-23-2015, 05:54 AM
i have also make a fan profile on my g751 jt. the gpu fan makes things,that he doesnt do!? he will work under 40 celsius but in profile is checked he must work from 42. can someone explain this ****? sorry for my bad english...lol

warryabel
04-23-2015, 06:01 AM
same version as for 3 days... oder so

NitroX
04-23-2015, 05:53 PM
As I promised, I have come back with a response from the developer regarding the last NBFC version (1.3.0) :

Quoted from the german forum:

@ NitroXRoG
There is no official changelog because it is a release candidate, not a final release.
The most important changes so far are: More CPUs supported, plugin system, commandline interface, experimental Linux support

@warryabel: You can find much more info about how to make your G751 profile over here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58501-Making-of-quot-Official-NotebookFanControl-G751JY-Profile-quot&highlight=official+nbfc
I recommend that you do not make a profile for controlling the GPU fan as the GPU fan is already working very good. The only issue would be the CPU temp thus I advise you to use the profile that I have already created and tested for several weeks.

warryabel
04-24-2015, 07:41 AM
i think i do the right, to let do fancontrol his things....but my problem is the first fanspeed of gpu. i would like that the fan is in idle when under 41 but it seems that this option doesnt work for me! i take the same options on cpu and it works.
should i post my profile or a screenshoot?

hmscott
04-24-2015, 08:05 AM
i think i do the right, to let do fancontrol his things....but my problem is the first fanspeed of gpu. i would like that the fan is in idle when under 41 but it seems that this option doesnt work for me! i take the same options on cpu and it works.
should i post my profile or a screenshoot?

warryabel, the GPU section doesn't seem to be tunable, at least for me, and NitroX has the same experience, so we have given up on GPU tuning. I don't need the extra CPU cooling on the G750JH, but I think the G750JM/JS/JZ can benefit from more fan speed due to the Optimus enablement of the Intel iGPU - the same G751JY profile works on the G750 series :)

For the G751JT/JY, I think you can ameliorate the temperature by tuning with XTU, reduce the Core 3,4 multipliers a bit so under heavy 4 core load the heat generated is less intense and the fan profile from Asus works fine by itself, without NBFC.

The problem with the G751JT/JY's that the cooling for GPU and CPU are shared - the heatpipes interconnect and so do the plates over the CPU/GPU:

From Asus point of view they would rather run the fans at lower quieter speeds and use the full range of the CPU temperature envelope - all the way up to just under thermal throttling point of 93c, but some variance in build / paste allows some JY/JT's to go a little hotter and tip into thermal throttling ever so briefly - and still function just fine.

By tuning the multipliers down just a tad for Core 3/4 you bring the heat envelope down just enough to keep the CPU from hitting thermal throttling under 100% 4 core load. Say dropping it 2x multipliers first and then again 1x at a time until you are staying below 93c - or lower if you like.

For most games / operations that slight downclock of Cores 3,4 won't be noticed in FPS or run times, but will keep the CPU cool enough.

Also, you can OC Cores 1,2 to their maximum, along with the Cache multiplier at maximum, for 1 and 2 thread tasks to get full performance 99% of the time you are interactive.

I would stick with NitroX's profile for NBFC, and not use the GPU cooling option of NBFC.

Have fun :)

warryabel
04-24-2015, 10:15 AM
i havent temp probs... that beast should be quiet under 41 degree. at idle i have always 36-38 degree. thanks for your work but it help me not!

hmscott
04-24-2015, 10:32 AM
i havent temp probs... that beast should be quiet under 41 degree. at idle i have always 36-38 degree. thanks for your work but it help me not!

warryabel, then why are you trying to use NBFC? :)

warryabel
04-24-2015, 10:44 AM
i could tell u three time my wish is that the machina stay quiet under 41 degree...

hmscott
04-24-2015, 10:56 AM
i could tell u three time my wish is that the machina stay quiet under 41 degree...

warryabel, but the GPU fan only runs the fan under load... doesn't it? Do you feel air coming out of the GPU vent while idle?

The CPU fan always runs, but the GPU fan should be idle until you start gaming.

The CPU fan speed has a minimum always on rpm, you can't run it slower or turn it off.

You aren't going to get the fans to run quieter or slower below their lowest speeds.

Make some noise, turn on the TV, wear headphones, learn to tune out noise - stop being so sensitive :)

If you have a hard surface under the laptop, and behind it, put something sound deadening between the laptop and the surfaces around it to stop sound being reflected back in your direction. That can help enough to cut the shrillness of the sound.

NFBC won't help.

warryabel
04-24-2015, 11:09 AM
ok ,when i go in fan control to gpu and shut him off then he is off...its the left fan when i sit before display.
the cpu fan is also offshutable...sorry i havnt the right words for this.

NitroX
04-25-2015, 07:03 AM
Well, as Hmscott said, NBFC can't help you reduce the noise of the fans more than the noise from idle state (2200-2300rpms). The only way NBFC could help you is by changing the temperature thresholds so that you GPU/CPU fans will start spinning at a much higher temperature (ex: 50C). This is quite risky and I definitely DO NOT recommend it as other components might get damaged by this sort of usage. For example: The GPU fan is not only cooling the GPU chip, but it also cools the motherboard chipset, so if you turn off the GPU fan then the motherboard chipset could get overheated and cause damage in time. You can check this out with Aida64 and NBFC if you really want to see it by yourself: turn off the GPU fan and then use your laptop for light activities like browsing, music etc. while keeping Aida64 opened to see the PCH Temperature. After 1 hour or so you won't even need Aida64 to figure out that the PCH is getting hotter because you will feel the Arrow Keys and Numpad Area getting warmer and warmer.

What I suggest you is that you have patience because your ears will eventually get used with the idle noise of the laptop over time. I know that I was also a bit annoyed at the beginning but after 1-2 months or so I got used with the noise and it doesn't bother me anymore.

I do want to highlight the fact that the G751 has not been projected as a dead silent notebook like the ultrabooks.Taking into consideration that it has a powerful dedicated GPU and no optimus this makes it impossible to keep it on a passive cooling profile under safety conditions. On the other hand, you should be glad that the notebook is quite silent while gaming and forget about the tiny noise at idle :).

hmscott
04-26-2015, 03:19 AM
ok ,when i go in fan control to gpu and shut him off then he is off...its the left fan when i sit before display.
the cpu fan is also offshutable...sorry i havnt the right words for this.

warryabel, Asus has done their best to keep the laptop as quiet as possible, up to and including not turning on the fans right away when the CPU/GPU gets hot - it waits until it detects a trend for the heat then if it continues building heat and the temperature continues to rise Asus increases the fan speed.

What I am saying is if Asus thought they could get away with turning off the fan(s) completely at some point - idle - then they would have - but since they didn't - the CPU fan runs all the time and the GPU fan kicks in under use - it isn't safe to turn off the fans completely.

If you fall asleep after turning off the fans, and something starts up in the background and cooks your CPU/GPU while the fans are turned off - Asus is likely not going to fix it for free :)

qwerty25
05-10-2015, 01:35 AM
I having quite high temps also... With nitro's fan profile , udervolt 80/80 , Cores lowered to 35x / 33x/ 32x/ 32x ,

When playin gta V for an hour temperature hits CPU 91 and GPU 87 witch v-sync on and these are game temperatures!! I would understand if it was a stress test,,

Furmark and prime the temps go even higher.. CPU 95 , GPU 87 as it always is when playing..

Is this normal considering all the tweaks I've made?

What should I do?? :(

I have g751JY the earliest model available.

NitroX
05-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Hmm... considering all the tweaks that you have made in order to lower the system temps, those results are not normal at all. I would say that you have a bad paste job and that won't be repaired with the tweaks given above.

1) You could do some more tests with other games to see if it isn't something from the game itself. I remember from AC Unity that it had a glitch in the menu that stressed your GPU just like Furmark (if not even harder).

2) What were your temperatures until now ? And what were/are the temperatures without the tweaks applied (NBFC, Undervolt, underclock) ?

3) When did you buy your laptop ? Maybe you'll be able to go for a return and exchange.

To be honest, I saw people with high CPU temp on normal clocks, normal profile etc. but I didn't see anyone that applied those tweaks with such temperatures. My GPU temp hits a maximum of 80C while on default clocks and the CPU, with all the tweaks, doesn't go past 80-85 either.

qwerty25
05-10-2015, 09:31 AM
1) haven't played that demanding games, but temps have been fine on others..

2) Well the thing is that I haven't observed the temps until now... When GTA V came out I started to wonder, why for everyone else GTA V works well and for me there's constant stuttering after a while of gaming... I did a clean install of windows and started to follow the temps and other stuff ... Seemed to work alright after the clean install but not for long, and now I think I know the reason. My temps rose to 95-96 C in GTA V !!! I'm guessing thermal throttling caused the stuttering..

3) I bought it last Christmas first models in sold in Finland , I have warranty tho, but the problem is I work in the Philippines (now you're thinking that "it's hot there so that's why"... I live in the mountains so max temperature here is like 25 outside.. not that hot)

Maybe I can return it when I go to Finland after a month or so... I just have to contact asus or the shop.. I wonder if they could pick it up from here? :P
Because I only have a month in Finland and I'm not sure If I'll get it back by then.. How long does those warranty changes take anyway ?
v

hmscott
05-10-2015, 09:41 AM
1)...Maybe I can return it when I go to Finland after a month or so... I just have to contact asus or the shop.. I wonder if they could pick it up from here? :P
Because I only have a month in Finland and I'm not sure If I'll get it back by then.. How long does those warranty changes take anyway ?
v

qwerty25, most times it takes 2 - 3 weeks. But, there are times it will take longer. Hard to recommend waiting until you get to Finland to ship it for repair.

Maybe you can ship from Philippines 2-4 weeks ahead of your home trip, and make the return address your home address in Finland.

Or, ship back to Finland to a friend and have him handle the shipping for you after you set up the RMA with Asus.

There have been people that have mentioned getting Asus service in the Philippines - it might be worth checking that out too.

qwerty25
05-10-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm gonna send it to my Family.. Thanks hmscott

Here's the latest pic with the default settings. The temps won't go above 96 , because of thermal throttling , which is 53 % .

I hope at ASUS they don't say the same thing to me as Boxis or someone else in this forum.. "temperatures don't go over 96 C so no problem" :P

qwerty25
05-20-2015, 12:01 PM
My laptop is in RMA now .. I send it to Finland .. hopefully ASUS does something about that issue and doesn't just ignore it ..

Tindreal
05-20-2015, 09:26 PM
My laptop came back from RMA where it got a repaste to Arctic Silver MX4 and it lowered the temps by absolutely 0 compared to the default factory temps when I purcahsed the laptop. By this I mean that with XTU it reaches about 75C, but if GPU is utilized too, then it gets 93C. This was the same when I got the laptop, so I consider this "normal".

Before I've sent it to RMA the temps got 95C in XTU too so at least that got fixed.

Will try this new fan profile.

Boxis
05-21-2015, 03:39 PM
I hope at ASUS they don't say the same thing to me as Boxis or someone else in this forum.. "temperatures don't go over 96 C so no problem" :P

Ye it was me, was quite disappointed by that response. Anyway please come back and report,if they did something to your laptop and how your temperature changed after the RMA.
Thanks !

qwerty25
05-30-2015, 08:50 AM
OK so my laptop is now Fixed in Finland. I can't test it yet cause I'm in the Philippines.

The error code that they wrote was FAN error.

They changed the gpu fan, cpu fan and the whole thermal assy. In addition to that they changed some screw rubbers of some sort.

It seems to me that the whole cooling unit was faulty and not just a paste job. I'll let you know some test results when I get my hands on it..

Can't wait to play some awesome games again :D

warryabel
06-15-2015, 04:58 AM
solved, my profile for the g751 jt is ready to use... idle around 42 and both fans are off when under 41-42. anyone will test it?
here is a pic 49772

warryabel
06-17-2015, 10:58 AM
look at the fans nitrox :-) 49799
hwmon. show on...but is off
im very surprised in me :-)
Download G751JT.xml (http://www.linkfile.de/download-c7518a1b6d7dfba75ad2cc2fc526fa65.php)

Boxis
07-08-2015, 10:27 AM
OK so my laptop is now Fixed in Finland. I can't test it yet cause I'm in the Philippines.

The error code that they wrote was FAN error.

They changed the gpu fan, cpu fan and the whole thermal assy. In addition to that they changed some screw rubbers of some sort.

It seems to me that the whole cooling unit was faulty and not just a paste job. I'll let you know some test results when I get my hands on it..

Can't wait to play some awesome games again :D

qwerty25, do you have your laptop back ? If so, could you tell what temperatures are you getting now after RMA ? Thanks.

x7007
09-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Can someone upload a new G751JT profile or should I use the profile that comes with NBFC Asus G751JY ?

Thanks

warryabel
09-23-2015, 05:39 PM
try this and let me know if it right for you!
https://mega.nz/#fm/cpZXVT4a

kmansp
12-29-2015, 01:55 PM
I've been having issues with my fan not kicking in when they should, so I tried Notebook fan control software. Unfortunately, no matter what profile I pick and putting the fans on manual (like 100%), nothing happens. The temperature on the NBFC program shows temperature for CPU at -2147483648 C when I press enable. If it's disabled it just sits at 0C. Everyone else seems to be posting screen shots of their proper temps. What am I doing wrong? It's really frustrating!

My G751JY tends to get up to 95 degrees quite often and the cpu was enabling the thermal throttling. Yesterday, the fan kicked in to high gear for the first time in a long time, and temps dropped down to 70C. I would like to be able to enable the fans on my own but can't figure out the Fan control software.

Thanks!

diogogmaio
01-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Guys I have G751jy and NBFC...
They have by default the profile from Nitrox.

That profile is fully updated?
CAn anyone send me the final profile?
Thanks in advance,

My Model - asus g751jy

diogogmaio
01-24-2016, 04:31 PM
Guys I have G751jy and latest NBFC...
They have by default the profile from Nitrox.

That profile is fully updated?
CAn anyone send me the final profile?
Thanks in advance,

My Model - asus g751jy

AQUASTEVAE
01-27-2016, 07:26 PM
i am running a new profile on my g751jy, and it works very well. this is it below. all you have to do is, copy and paste it as a text file, convert it to a xml file, and add it to the config folder in notebookfancontrol install directory. hope this helps.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FanControlConfigV2 xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<NotebookModel>UX32LN</NotebookModel>
<EcPollInterval>150</EcPollInterval>
<ReadWriteWords>false</ReadWriteWords>
<CriticalTemperature>100</CriticalTemperature>
<FanConfigurations>
<FanConfiguration>
<ReadRegister>151</ReadRegister>
<WriteRegister>151</WriteRegister>
<MinSpeedValue>0</MinSpeedValue>
<MaxSpeedValue>10</MaxSpeedValue>
<ResetRequired>true</ResetRequired>
<FanSpeedResetValue>8</FanSpeedResetValue>
<FanDisplayName>CPU FAN</FanDisplayName>
<TemperatureThresholds>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>47</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>0</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>00</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>57</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>48</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>10</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>63</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>58</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>20</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>68</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>64</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>40</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>70</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>69</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>60</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>75</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>71</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>80</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>94</UpThreshold>
<DownThreshold>76</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>100</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
</TemperatureThresholds>
<FanSpeedPercentageOverrides />
</FanConfiguration>
<FanConfiguration>
<ReadRegister>152</ReadRegister>
<WriteRegister>152</WriteRegister>
<FanDisplayName>GPU FAN</FanDisplayName>
<TemperatureThresholds>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>00</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>10</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>20</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>40</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>80</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>100</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
</TemperatureThresholds>
</FanConfiguration>
</FanConfigurations>
<RegisterWriteConfigurations>
<RegisterWriteConfiguration>
<WriteMode>Set</WriteMode>
<WriteOccasion>OnWriteFanSpeed</WriteOccasion>
<Register>160</Register>
<Value>10</Value>
<ResetValue>10</ResetValue>
<ResetWriteMode>Set</ResetWriteMode>
</RegisterWriteConfiguration>
<Register>166</Register>
<Value>10</Value>
</RegisterWriteConfigurations>
</FanControlConfigV2>

isko
01-28-2016, 12:23 PM
My firends,

Im new here :) And I buy laptop Ausu G751JY last week. Can you please tell me step by step how to make this contorls for Fan? :)

Thx a lot! :)

warryabel
01-28-2016, 06:29 PM
use the search funktion. somewere here in forum a tread about this...

warryabel
01-29-2016, 05:16 PM
I've been having issues with my fan not kicking in when they should, so I tried Notebook fan control software. Unfortunately, no matter what profile I pick and putting the fans on manual (like 100%), nothing happens. The temperature on the NBFC program shows temperature for CPU at -2147483648 C when I press enable. If it's disabled it just sits at 0C. Everyone else seems to be posting screen shots of their proper temps. What am I doing wrong? It's really frustrating!

My G751JY tends to get up to 95 degrees quite often and the cpu was enabling the thermal throttling. Yesterday, the fan kicked in to high gear for the first time in a long time, and temps dropped down to 70C. I would like to be able to enable the fans on my own but can't figure out the Fan control software.

Thanks!
same issue as you...-2147483648 C on version 1.4.2
the last version 1.3.4 works fine for me
edit 1.4.2 works fine after reboot...

isko
02-01-2016, 01:21 AM
Ok. Now just to copy what Aquastevae post and save it xml file and add it in fan controll program?

So this is the best profile for fan? Did it make faster fan speed for CPU? :)

Can I start every time when I want to play game this fan at 100% speed? Will it broke it?
Or just to let it on Auto and my laptop will be cold?

Please answer on my questions :)

Martin-Rott
02-04-2016, 08:01 AM
Hi,

anybody knows if the G751JY profile works also for the G750JZ?
Thanx!

kingjezdi
02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
@isko just try, u can manuel set the fan speed to 100 %, otherwise set it to Auto

diogogmaio
02-05-2016, 11:16 AM
i am running a new profile on my g751jy, and it works very well. this is it below. all you have to do is, copy and paste it as a text file, convert it to a xml file, and add it to the config folder in notebookfancontrol install directory. hope this helps.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<FanControlConfigV2 xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<NotebookModel>UX32LN</NotebookModel>
<EcPollInterval>150</EcPollInterval>
<ReadWriteWords>false</ReadWriteWords>
<CriticalTemperature>100</CriticalTemperature>
<FanConfigurations>
<FanConfiguration>
<ReadRegister>151</ReadRegister>
<WriteRegister>151</WriteRegister>
<FanDisplayName>CPU FAN</FanDisplayName>
<TemperatureThresholds>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>00</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>10</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>20</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>40</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<UpThreshold>70</UpThreshold>
<FanSpeed>60</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<DownThreshold>71</DownThreshold>
<FanSpeed>80</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>100</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
</TemperatureThresholds>
</FanConfiguration>
<FanConfiguration>
<ReadRegister>152</ReadRegister>
<WriteRegister>152</WriteRegister>
<FanDisplayName>GPU FAN</FanDisplayName>
<TemperatureThresholds>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>00</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>10</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>20</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>40</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>80</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
<TemperatureThreshold>
<FanSpeed>100</FanSpeed>
</TemperatureThreshold>
</TemperatureThresholds>
</FanConfiguration>
</FanConfigurations>
<RegisterWriteConfigurations>
<Register>160</Register>
<Value>10</Value>
<Register>166</Register>
<Value>10</Value>
</RegisterWriteConfigurations>
</FanControlConfigV2>

Very nice config so far. The only thing is that in IDLE the temperature of the CPU stays of course like 5 degrees above the "normal" / original fan control limits.
It is like CPU on 44 with stock and with 48 degrees with this profile...

On full load, the difference is like 5 degrees less, more or less. maybe sometimes my cpu hitted 81 degrees but with this profile stays at 75.

Anyone? results?

This profile is different from NitroX which is closest to stock values.
With NitroX, the rattle noise from the Fan starts sooner than your profile.

viper3000
02-05-2016, 12:39 PM
I have one question >I would like change nbfc setting for my G751jt....
According this picture ..... IT is possible? or ......is the number 16.7 (2300RPM) at least RPM for ours fan???

viper3000
02-08-2016, 02:48 PM
I have one question >I would like change nbfc setting for my G751jt....
According this picture ..... IT is possible? or ......is the number 16.7 (2300RPM) at least RPM for ours fan???

Nothing???? :(:(

andreacos92
02-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Nothing???? :(:(

16.7% = 2300 rpm, that should be the minimum CPU fan speed.

If you set it to 0%, fan should stop at all (I tested it with laptop opened), but HW Monitor will show 1600 rpm (bugged reading probably).

NitroX
02-08-2016, 10:26 PM
Guys, if you want more info on how to configure NBFC you can read a few things over here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?58501-Making-of-quot-Official-NotebookFanControl-G751JY-Profile-quot&highlight=NBFC

I know it is a lot, but I just explained it step by step. Btw, you can modify the G751JY profile that is already present in the config list. Just don't mess with the Read/Write register or Poll Interval. I recommend using the latest version of NBFC which can be found in the same thread.