PDA

View Full Version : G751JY WIFI problem with INTEL Wireless-AC7260

rockrog
01-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased an ASUS ROG G751 JY Windows 8.1 and it seems there are problems with INTEL wifi network card AC7260.
Sometimes the files that I download are corrupted and don't execute. I also had problems with windows update may be because of bad files. Same with movie files that don't execute correctly. I tried to install firefox and it doesn't complete download.
- I did download those files with an old Windows XP and all worked perfectly.
- I did download them on my ASUS ROG with a ethernet cable LAN and it worked ok.

So I suspect it is a problem with the WIFI connexion.
- I did update the intel drivers with the Intel drivers utility (using cable because wifi doesn't download files completly or wrongly).
- I did read forum about same problem but it doesn't resolve my problem. I don't have the possibility to change QOS settings or WMM on my router.

Can someone help me to resolve that problem before I give back that computer to ASUS and purchase another laptop (MSI ?).

Thanks.

sk3tch
01-18-2015, 02:02 PM
I haven't had any of these problems and I have been using the wireless exclusively. Your issue sounds pretty "normal" if you're saying "sometimes" files are corrupted. Any more specific info that you can provide? It could be your ISP, your router, etc. etc.

If it's dire enough for you to return the laptop - definitely do so if you're within the initial return window. Maybe there's a problem with your wireless card.

rockrog
01-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Other devices laptops, tablets, ipad, iphone are working good with these wifi settings. Router seems working perfectly with other devices/operating systems. With my ASUS Rog, sometimes downloaded files are broken or download Indefinitely or remain with .crdownload extention (crdownload files type). I use google chrome to download.

rockrog
01-18-2015, 02:50 PM
Same things happen when using IE 11. Files seem not to download completly with WIFI but are OK with LAN.

xdr
01-18-2015, 02:54 PM
I gave the solution a while back. Uninstall ROG Gamefirst and it should be OK.

sk3tch
01-18-2015, 03:17 PM
I gave the solution a while back. Uninstall ROG Gamefirst and it should be OK.

Good point.

That makes sense. Gamefirst is like a software-based QoS (quality of service) for your laptop's network traffic.

rockrog
01-18-2015, 04:55 PM
I uninstalled Gamefirst III and it seems to work better. Thanks.

Arnas
01-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Help me, i have 1 week old Asus g751jy and i'm facing horrible download speed through wi fi. Yesterday when downloading newest nvidia drivers my speed was from 50kb to 100kb:D. Other pcs speed was 3mb easily. Bit noob question, but what buttons i should press to get to desktop. Yesterday when playing fallout 3, it crashed i press button with windows logo and it didn't go desktop:(. Can't move mouse or anything. Thanks.

fidelity101
01-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the recommendation to uninstall Gamefirst III! I was downloading from steam at 4MBPS which dropped to 450KBPS after about 5 minutes. I deleted Gamefirst III, restarted the computer, and my speeds increased to a sustained 6.8MBPS on my 50mbps Time Warner Cable internet connection!

rockrog
01-27-2015, 05:55 AM
I still have WIFI troubles when computer creates a connection under windows 8.1 each time I start the laptop and using DHCP to connect. It attributes a wrong ip adress to my computer (169.254.84.149 as prefered ip adress instead of 192.168.1.x). I have to resolve the wifi problem and it attributes a correct ip adress. It says that WIFI does not have a valid IP adress. Sometimes it randomly lost the connection and I have to resolve the problem again. I tried to fix IP adress but It did not avoid disconnection.
Please, can someone help me get a steady wifi connection?

kjeldoran
01-27-2015, 07:59 PM
Help me, i have 1 week old Asus g751jy and i'm facing horrible download speed through wi fi. Yesterday when downloading newest nvidia drivers my speed was from 50kb to 100kb:D. Other pcs speed was 3mb easily. Bit noob question, but what buttons i should press to get to desktop. Yesterday when playing fallout 3, it crashed i press button with windows logo and it didn't go desktop:(. Can't move mouse or anything. Thanks.

Thank you for the recommendation to uninstall Gamefirst III! I was downloading from steam at 4MBPS which dropped to 450KBPS after about 5 minutes. I deleted Gamefirst III, restarted the computer, and my speeds increased to a sustained 6.8MBPS on my 50mbps Time Warner Cable internet connection!

I had this same issue on mine. I have 100mpbs with charter. I was getting around 19mbps with great signal (all of my other devices were getting near the max speed and ethernet was maxed as well). I upgraded the driver for the intel card directly from intel's website (version 17.13.11.5). I am happy to say after ugprading I get 95mbps download speed.