PDA

View Full Version : Asus G73jh Driver update?

nagenraman
11-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Ok this was an email sent to Asus. Since All the information of my problem is in here. Please help me :(

Dear ASUS,
I have an issue that needs IMMEDIATE resolving. I called Asus customer service and was dissatisfied because I learned that for this model that is not going to be produced anymore, will NOT have any new updated drivers available for future games. I purchased Battlefield 3 and discovered that I needed the newer drivers dating about 2 months old. I looked up the service support site of Asus and the VGA drivers indicated there were for year 2010. And when I installed the drivers it was not even 2010 but the drivers were ACTUALLY dated 2009.
I know for a fact that my game did not run properly due to the graphic drivers because that is what windows log indicates so please do not tell me otherwise.
The newer ATI Mobility 5870 drivers on the ATI website were only 2 months old dating October 2011. I tried installing those drivers and the game worked, for 10 minutes and I received the Grey Screen of Death. And yes, I know that I am supposed to ONLY use the designated drivers on the support site and nowhere else.
So my question is why are they not updated? When I called customer service, the first guy refused to even do his job and told me that he could not hear me properly. I asked for a manager and he refused. I told him he wasn't doing his job and he raised his voice at me (apparently he could then hear me very clear). The second guy did not resolve my issue and told me that they will NOT update drivers for this model anymore because it was the older model. A model that I purchased 6 months ago. Am I supposed to believe I paid $1000 for 6 months of gaming?
I finally spoke to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that he had NO ANSWER for me either.
So here, I am stuck with a laptop that does not and apparently will never have new updated drivers for newer games after 6 months of purchase. Ultimately my question is will I ever expect any new drivers or will I expect a refund from Asus (since Newegg pushed back the problem to Asus)?
Please respond ASAP. Because I will be persistent until a solution is offered.

Mjolnir
01-04-2012, 02:30 PM
I also have the Asus G73Jh and this "Republic of Gamers" laptop is NOT "The Choice of Champions" I repeat NOT "The Choice of Champions"

There is no driver support at all, I cant even play a game as old as City of Heroes, this laptop and Asus are trash, I have never been more unsatisfied with a product or a company.

GARBAGE !!!1one!

dstrakele
01-04-2012, 09:13 PM
The newer ATI Mobility 5870 drivers on the ATI website were only 2 months old dating October 2011. I tried installing those drivers and the game worked, for 10 minutes and I received the Grey Screen of Death. And yes, I know that I am supposed to ONLY use the designated drivers on the support site and nowhere else.

Hi @nagenraman,

It's okay to use a driver direct from a developer's web site. Sometimes when a developer creates a new driver, the .INF file doesn't have information to identify the hardware on ASUS laptops. This will cause the driver installation to fail. ASUS will then modify the .INF file to allow installation and post it on their site. So ASUS does not update the drivers themselves, they only modify the .INF file to allow installation to ASUS systems.

It sounds like you WERE able to successfully install the most recent ATI video driver, so you don't have that problem. The problem you DO have now is a GSOD. There are multiple causes for this issue.

Here is a list of Google hits that offer recommendations to resolve GSOD issues with BF3:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=27&gs_id=16&xhr=t&q=BF3+GSOD+ATI+Mobility+5870&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=BF3+GSOD+ATI+Mobility+5870+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=dc9072f4d1d34f4c&biw=997&bih=825

Let us know if they help to resolve your issue.