PDA

View Full Version : Whats with this stupid error, "Close Programs" while gaming?.

amirzubair80
01-20-2015, 04:49 AM
Can anyone tell me what is this stupid error?

It appeared when i was playing Crysis..:mad:

Nate152
01-20-2015, 06:19 AM
That error means you might have to add more ram or upgrade your ram.

Take a look in the task manager and close any processes that don't need to be running and see if you still get the error.

hmscott
01-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Can anyone tell me what is this stupid error?
It appeared when i was playing Crysis..:mad:

amirzubair80, how much physical memory do you have installed? What other software are you running? Check memory usage via Task Manager for the System and application, let us know what you see.

Crysis can respond negatively if you have a pagefile turned on, or off. We need to know what paging setup you have now.

Depending on what situation you start with, try going to the other. If you have turned off paging - set to no pagefile, try enabling it again. Or if you have pagefile enabled, try disabling - set to no paging.

There are graphics resources in old software that can react like this to disabling the pagefile. But, Crysis has been reported to respond well to disabling the pagefile as well, like it stopped mysteriously crashing.

This can be caused by a disk going bad as well, if you have paging turned on.

Let us know how you have it set up, and what changing that pagefile does to the error.

amirzubair80
01-20-2015, 08:02 AM
My RAM is 16GB..And i was not running anything in the background at that time...

Here is a screen shot..

hmscott
01-20-2015, 09:12 AM
My RAM is 16GB..And i was not running anything in the background at that time...
Here is a screen shot..

amirzubair80, you have enough memory to run without a pagefile.

Try uncheck let Windows control pagefile, then set No paging file, Apply, Ok, reboot, and run the game again to see if it errors.

After backing up all your personal data, run a disk check on the C partition. Start it as right click on C drive, Properties, Tools, Error Checking, Check, Scan drive. It may ask to run at next boot, allow it, and reboot to do the disk check - it may reboot a couple of times, let it, and then login and play more Crysis :)

amirzubair80
01-21-2015, 08:08 AM
i increased the pagefile instead and error disappeared.

hmscott
01-21-2015, 08:26 AM
i increased the pagefile instead and error disappeared.

amirzubair80, again that leads me to believe it is a disk problem, you moved the location being written in the pagefile by increasing it - any change would accomplish the test I was looking for.

Delete the pagefile, and run the disk check to remap the bad blocks, then you can run with/without the pagefile after you fix the disk corruption.

Windows had control of the pagefile, and could have increased it as needed without intervention by you, except in this case there wasn't a lack of memory/pagefile, just a disk error when accessing the pagefile - which is reported as a paging / memory error. I have seen this many times before :)

amirzubair80
01-27-2015, 11:36 AM
thanks i will post after doing it.. :)