PDA

View Full Version : 1000hz polling rate for the mouse

Majks
01-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Hello!

I was wondering if overclocking my mouse to 1000hz would effect the warranty on my Asus G751JT ?

I already made a thread about this in another section, but I think it was wrong section, im a bit lost here, firs time asking for help in a forum, sorry about that.

Thank you in advance.

//
Majk

xeromist
01-20-2015, 11:49 PM
If I understand correctly you are talking about a soft mod. So if you ever needed to make a warranty claim you would need to revert to the stock setting to demonstrate that the issue is not related to the non-stock driver. So that would be similar to any other non-ASUS supplied drivers or software.

That said, if you sat down at two unknown laptops I would bet money on you not knowing which was modded. The difference in input lag is less than the net lag from the display itself. So if you are having issues with lag it's unlikely that a polling mod is going to fix it.

Majks
01-21-2015, 12:45 AM
I appreciate you for ansewering, thank you. But for me it makes such a difference, ive been playing Counter Strike trilogy for a long time.

1:1 with the mice feels so much smoother, ive done it before with my other computers/laptops. But now I bought this laptop because I would be moving and gaming alot.
If I understood you right it would be okay to do the overclocking, but god forsake if anything happened to the laptop, I would have to revert all the standard settings then send it in?
My English is not the best*

Thanks again for your time.

//
Majk

xeromist
01-21-2015, 06:05 PM
Reverting settings depends on the nature of the problem. If the machine won't power on then obviously you can't revert anything and it probably has nothing to do with settings anyway. But if USB malfunctions and they see you have unsigned drivers installed they might blame that even if it's a hardware issue. That does not mean you have to do a system restore, just undo any hacky workarounds before sending it in. Does that make sense?

Majks
01-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Yes, i'm very grateful for your time and replies.
I will skip these hack around and buy a new mice, just read that I have to disable USB 3.0 in bios, which im not going to do. I will just buy a nice mice.
Once again thank you.

//
Majk