PDA

View Full Version : FIXED - Asus GPU Tweak 2.7.8.1&2.7.9.0 - GPU Info is broken

ThePatcher
01-22-2015, 06:34 AM
Hi,

just installed the new version and even after a restart of the computer, the GPU-Z tool included in the GPU tweak is not working.
I can see a crash in the Windows Event Log.
Even a separate start of the ASUSxGPU-Z.exe does not work.

The previous version was working.

Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit.

ThePatcher
01-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Is this a mistake on the page or is this tool in version 2.7.8.1 not available for Windows 8.1 64-bit?
http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX970DC2OC4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Defin4ar
01-29-2015, 12:45 AM
Looks Asus haven't posted latest versions on their official page

I got mine through the support site for my Asus Vid Card. I'm using v2.7.8.1 and looks all working fine for me. The embedded xGPU-Z is working fine aswell is the Monitor and advanced "tune setting".
Is keeping my fans settings at start-up too.

You can find GPU Tweak V2.7.6.0, Update January 15, 2015 and GPU Tweak V2.7.8.1, Update January 21, 2015 there.
File size 28, 32Mbytes, available for Windows 8.1 64-bit too.

Here the link: http://www.asus.com/us/Graphics_Cards/R9270XDC2T4GD5/HelpDesk_Download/

Same as yours, though!!

ThePatcher
01-29-2015, 06:38 PM
Just updated to version 2.7.9.0 - still the same problem - GUP Info is crashing.
The standalone tool GPU-Z 0.8.1 is working correctly (even the one with the ROG skin).

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit - Region&Keyboard Layout is Germany, Display Language is English.

Defin4ar
01-30-2015, 01:04 AM
Installed v2.7.9.0 from my support page and do not had any issues yet.

I always uninstall the previous version after closing it from desktop and reboot to prevent GPU services running in the background, then I install the updated version when back to desktop.

I quickly check the "Main" and "Tune Setting" after swapped to "Advanced Mode", and again, reboot to check if it have retained my new settings.

ThePatcher
01-30-2015, 06:46 AM
Installed v2.7.9.0 from my support page and do not had any issues yet.

I always uninstall the previous version after closing it from desktop and reboot to prevent GPU services running in the background, then I install the updated version when back to desktop.

I quickly check the "Main" and "Tune Setting" after swapped to "Advanced Mode", and again, reboot to check if it have retained my new settings.

Thx for the tip - uninstall, reboot, install, reboot - helped :)

It would be helpful if the tool installation routine could do it by itself or provide something like "clean install".

DeathtoGnomes
02-03-2015, 01:35 AM
Just updated to 2.7.9.0, clean install, then checked my user defined fan speeds and its just blank, rebooted, reinstalled again, same thing.

http://i.imgur.com/LFLyYHf.png

clicking on the upper red dot point makes it disappear.

hope to hell auto speed is working...

ahlot18
02-03-2015, 06:49 PM
Update to new version but only the monitoring shown

Defin4ar
02-04-2015, 01:56 PM
Just updated to 2.7.9.0, clean install, then checked my user defined fan speeds and its just blank, rebooted, reinstalled again, same thing.

http://i.imgur.com/LFLyYHf.png

clicking on the upper red dot point makes it disappear.

hope to hell auto speed is working...

The red dots are very sensitive to click mouse and you should try again with little precise click. Point & click on it, it turns yellow, just drag it upper the value.

DeathtoGnomes
02-05-2015, 10:18 PM
@ahlot18 Idk what you mean about the monitoring, I posted that have the latest version 2.7.9.0.

@Defin4nar Believe me i have tried a lot. When the mouse over changes to a hand and try to click it, nothing happens or it disappears.

If there was a way to set fanspeed points in an *.ini or dat file that could be manually entered or changed, idk but this version is broken. Seems like every other version that gets installed is broken somehow. Cant complain about that kind of consistency :p

Maxter
02-06-2015, 12:20 AM
I installed my new GTX 960 STRIX on my desktop, installed drivers. All works fine. I then installed the latest GPU tweak and my card is not detected for tweaking. I start it, and there is no card found next to the "3D" stripe on top. Weird thing is that the sensors are ok. I can watch the clock, temperature, fan speed, etc. But GPU Tweak won't detect which card I'm using.
I've tried uninstalling, reboot, install, reboot on the last 5 versions of the Tweak software for win 7 64-bit and 32-bit, both the "desktop cards" and the "laptop cards" options. I don't get it. Any ideas?

Bent Onside
02-13-2015, 07:56 AM
For me 2.7.5.0 and above have an issue where if you have two cards, top card is card 2 and bottom card (secondary) is card 1, It caused all sorts of confusion, like i was constantly wondering why my bottom gpu was hotter. Maybe take a look into that, eh Asus. I tested that by unsyincing cards and looking the fans on manual.

Also 2.7.9.0 default gaming profile does not anymore use user define fans, but auto option, which is a bit silly, as the way it worked in 2.7.5.0 was really ok.

Setting custom profiles with two cards is also a bit screwed up as it seems what ever I do they do not want to save, and it was far simpler just pressing g when i want to game a bit.

DeathtoGnomes
02-24-2015, 04:28 AM
I'd want user defined fan profile to work, I prefer an aggressive fan profile when I game.

Henkenator68NL
02-25-2015, 01:20 AM
This is correct order to get clean system for new/different GPU:
Nvidia users disable all OC tools, same for AMD

CHECK CATALSYsT: overdrivethis H A S to HAVE been DISABLED.

GET the 30 days trial version From: REVO UNINSTALLER. RUN IT.

FROM MAIN REVO menu find the tools such as MSI afterburner, Asus GPU Tweak, SAPPHIRE TRIXX, (IF YOU USED ANOTHER OC TOOL UNINSTALL THEM ALL.

Do this with REVO, After the deinstaller is done, choose search for left overs. If it t finds and delete everything.
Repeat for every overclock software.

Boot in save mode (google your win version followed by : booting into save mode) and you will find the method to boot in safe mode.

Go to device manager, right click on your gpu and choose Uninstall (or remove) this device, than choose option fully remove driver also? Choose yes. Reboot normally, find Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU in short:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...IJNNOodkG-KCFQ

DOWNLOAD AND run the exe file. You get PROMPTED that it wants to boot in save mode,
DO THAT. IF BOOTED it askes if you will let de tool run.
Choose AMD (IF YOU WANT REMOVE NVIDIA CHOOSE THAT) and sellect completely remove any .... Drivers.

let the tool clean ALL Previously installed drivers (RECOMMEND = a must in this case) Let it finish (it will remove a boatload of files). Exit ddu and it reboots you back to windows.

NOW IS A GREAT POINT TO MAKE A SYSTEM IMAGE (YES BEFORE INSTALLING ANY GPU DRIVERS). BEST FREE AND INSANE EASY TO USE is AOMEI BackUpper https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...K3tpfWfaEfYmGA).

Creat an exact copy of your OS (AND guys store these backups on external drive!!). Aomei backupper creates a, complete image of your OS drive (240Gb ssd in 19 minutes). Keep that Image for safe keepings.

With Aomei create a Bootable resque medium (can be a cd or dvd or usb stick. Any trouble somewhere long the line: shut down, boot system on AOMEI BOOT MEDIUM, find the image from external drive. CLICK AND AFTER 10 MIN YOUR DRIVE IS CLEAN CRISP AND READY (just like now install) but than in max 10 minutes... No fresh install can beat that time!!

Back to... Ehh. Ohh yes (after creating external Aomei image) install the latest stable AMD Catalyst WHQL version or nvidia for your version (leaf Beta's). Install the drivers.

NOW REBOOT AND RUN GAMES OR VALLEY...... Check if al works.

Install gpu-z check if it's stating correct info.

Now you can Install an OC tool. Like GPU Tweak or MSI AB.
Never ever install more than one tool at the time. This messes everything up. Same for amd Catalyst. Never touch that.

99% of gpu's I have tested get fixed by doing the above!

Hope this helps you guys

SgtSixpack
05-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Henkenator68NL I followed your guide - even made a backup. However my problem persists. I can't set a custom fan profile, echoing the posts previous in this thread.

SgtSixpack
05-16-2015, 06:06 PM
Never ever install more than one tool at the time. This messes everything up. Same for amd Catalyst. Never touch that.

99% of gpu's I have tested get fixed by doing the above!

Hope this helps you guys
I must have missed the memo on this, so catalyst control center should not be installed? I don't generally adjust it from default with respect to gaming. Well I was after a voltage adjustment but gpu tweak refuses to comply and Asus Smart Doctor crashes my stress testing program at the end of each round (BF3, I've googled it). If I get my GPU AIO/watercooled I'll need to mod the gpu bios for load voltage.

WRobN
08-30-2015, 05:56 PM
@ Henkenator68NL

I have a clean install on a new machine with windows 10 (no upgrade) with this problem.
I had this also on my old system.

Since this new machine is all clean, i wonder how i can solve this problem since nothing from above applys on me.
No old hdd's connected etc all clean...
So no way to link it to a installation.

I dont have multiple software for gpu or something just GPU Tweak.

Also same question here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60886-Can-t-program-fan-profile

WRobN
09-14-2015, 02:21 PM
Very nice inactive unhelpfull forum here...

I mean this is from Asus right? Not a non-official forum made by fans???
Where are the Asus employees??

I need help!
Or does anyone with the same issue need to make their own topic?

DeathtoGnomes
09-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Very nice inactive unhelpfull forum here...

I mean this is from Asus right? Not a non-official forum made by fans???
Where are the Asus employees??

I need help!
Or does anyone with the same issue need to make their own topic?

AFAIK this is fan supported forums. AFAIK, if you registered your items with ASUS you can create a support ticket anytime. not that they will answer it in any kind of timely manor, last ticket i made took them almost 2 weeks to answer just to ask "wuut?". I stopped using this version of GpuT over the fan issue in favor of GpuT2 when win10 came out 3 months later. BTW SpeedFan is an option for fan control.

{added rep /p}

Stormwin
12-20-2015, 02:42 PM
hi

me bug gpu tweak II 1.1.6.9

http://img110.xooimage.com/files/b/a/b/gputweakii-2015-11-03-4d4f056.jpg (http://terriers.vraiforum.com/image/110/b/a/b/gputweakii-2015-11-03-4d4f056.jpg.htm)

only old gpu yweak II 1.0.6.9 is ok

you have bug to +5 point temp ?

Apesausage
12-30-2015, 11:53 PM
I installed my new GTX 960 STRIX on my desktop, installed drivers. All works fine. I then installed the latest GPU tweak and my card is not detected for tweaking. I start it, and there is no card found next to the "3D" stripe on top. Weird thing is that the sensors are ok. I can watch the clock, temperature, fan speed, etc. But GPU Tweak won't detect which card I'm using.
I've tried uninstalling, reboot, install, reboot on the last 5 versions of the Tweak software for win 7 64-bit and 32-bit, both the "desktop cards" and the "laptop cards" options. I don't get it. Any ideas?

Something similar is happening to me... Mine is a R9 390, though. My problem is that it recognizes my GPU, but not the model (r9 390 strix), from what I get, the fan profiles for auto get dumbed down when GPUTWEAK doesn´t recognize your model. Help pleaseeee.