PDA

View Full Version : G751-JM, disabled touchpad, cant re-enable

Zenic
01-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Me being the stupid person that I am pressed Fn+F9 and disabled my touchpad. Redoing the combo hasn't re-enabled my touchpad) luckily I have a mouse but I still need my touchpad back asap. Any ideas?

Happyllama
01-23-2015, 03:00 AM
Not sure if it helps you, nor can I replicate it to see if it works, but try this. Right-hand bottom corner, look for the Hidden Icons in the taskbar. You will see ASUS Smart Gesture, open. Go to mouse detection and see if you can re-enable it. Let us know if that helps.

Zenic
01-23-2015, 05:11 AM
I removed smart gesture from my ASUS I guess, it's not down there. I tried dling the touchpad drivers and it screwed my laptop, had to reset it and lost everything.

Zenic
01-23-2015, 06:42 AM
And even though I reset it, my touchpad is still locked..

Zenic
01-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Anybody have any ideas?

cl-Albert
01-26-2015, 05:55 PM
And even though I reset it, my touchpad is still locked..

More ideas below to try and questions to answer if you're interested.

1. After you reset, Smart Gesture should be installed, so wondering if saw and were able to open it (double-click on the taskbar icon)?

2. Does it make a difference for the touchpad if you unplug the external mouse (apparently not which is why you plugged in the external mouse, but wanted to make sure)?

3. After you reset, did you see the Elan PS/2 Smart Pad installed in device manager under 'Mice and other pointing devices'?

4. Expect you are running Win8.1, but try to check the touchpad in safe mode as well and let us know if you need any tips to get there.