PDA

View Full Version : different Ai Suite versions for different mother boards?

MUELL
01-23-2015, 12:13 PM
This may be a stupid question but are there different versions of the ai suite for each motherboard? I have a z97-ar that has ai suite with 5-way optimization and when I click on advanced settings for tpu it gives me the option of fast tuning, extreme tuning, ratio only and BCLK first. I also have a Impact vii and under advanced settings it has different clock speeds 4400, 4600 or 4800 but none of the other options. I also seems to put the voltage higher than it should. Yellow numbers bad I assume?

jab383
01-23-2015, 03:20 PM
The different versions are for different families of motherboard. The ROG boards vs the others that ASUS calls the "channel boards." ROG boards are more likely to be used by those who do overclocking manually, so they try to keep AI Suite out of the way. The channel boards have more automated features for those who will settle for the results those produce.

A number in yellow advises caution. Red ones call for even more caution. Those degrees of caution reflect the sort of cooling a CPU needs when running at the combination of speed and voltage.

Jeff

MUELL
01-23-2015, 03:40 PM
is there any way to get the more automated version on the rog board. Im new to overclocking and dont like the high voltages its giving me with the 4400 clock on my 4790k

Nate152
01-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Hello MUELL

You could try working the voltage down some, it seems at stock settings they get over volted a little.

You could try 1.20v and keep working it down until you're unstable then kick it back up a notch.

if you need help overclocking, start a thread in the overclocking section.