PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Issues With Monitor/PC

Naza0166
01-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Almost 3 months ago I had built a new computer. In every game I get stuttering. My FPS reaches 59 to refresh rate of 60 Hertz, 118 FPS when 120 Hz is selected and 138 FPS when selecting 144Hz. I have tried turning V-Sync on and off and also GSync on and off. It never matches the refresh rate of the monitor in any game.

Is this an issue with the monitor or my GPU or someting else?

Custom Built PC:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K (Stock Clock Speeds)
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110
RAM: Avexir Blitz 1.1 Gaming Dragon 16GB (XMP enabled)
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB (OS Drive)
SSHD: Seagate ST4000DX001 (Storage Drive)
Mobo: ASUS Maximus VII Hero
Mobo BIOS Version: 2201
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II 4GB (NVIDIA Driver Version 347.25)
GPU BIOS Version: 84.04.1F00.49
PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
Headset: 2013 ASTRO A40 Wired Gaming Headset Black + Mix Amp Pro
Keyboard: Logitech G19s
Mouse: Razer Naga
Mouse Surface: Razer Vespula
Case: NZXT H440 Mid Tower Case Black/Red

I just tested it out issue occurs as follows:

Gsync = on
Gsync = off
V-Sync = on
V-Sync = off
V-Sync Triple Buffering = on

Every senario games will stutter. When trying to match frame rate to refresh rate it keeps fluctuating.

60 Hertz = Keeps flucuating between 59-60 FPS.
120 Hertz = 117-120 FPS
144 Hertz = 138-144 FPS
Gsync and V-Sync off = 264-280 FPS

This was tested in Warframe looking at a wall.

I have run DDU and installed the driver again and the issue is fixed. Though soon as I reboot my PC it happens again. If I run though the above process again I get the same results.

I have video captured the stuttering and FPS spikes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/23hsihm8to351ak/Warfame+-+Stuttering+144+Hertz.mp4

This one is where it runs at the refresh rate and doesn't stutter - http://www.mediafire.com/download/37dd5e1pt3c1vd5/Warframe+-+No+Stuttering+144+Hertz.mp4

Allow the video to buffer when watching or better yet download and view it. Also in each view down in the bottom left it shows the frame latency and FPS in-game. What is causing this issue?

Update - I finally got to the bottom of this issue some other people have had the same issue.

http://forums.aida64.com/topic/238-lags-every-second-when-i-play-world-of-warcraft-with-aida64-active/

I finally got to the bottom of this issue some other people have had the same issue.

http://forums.aida64.com/topic/238-lags-every-second-when-i-play-world-of-warcraft-with-aida64-active/

It appears when using AIDA64 Extreme's software with LCD Support turned on. I can view information of my PC on my Logitech G19s's LCD display. The sensor update frequency was set to 1 second. I change this to be every 10 seconds and confirmed this was it. Whatever time set in seconds would cause the FPS to dip and stutter. I have only turned off the GPU Sesnor in AIDA64 so it doesn't display GPU temp or fan speed though it shows everything else I want. The FPS stuttering is fixed now.

Though in the above forum it says that there is a bug in the way it communicates with the NVIDIA driver. Is this an issue that NVIDIA can address or is this an issue that AIDA64 need to look into? It could even be a bug with the Logitech Gaming Software that is used for the keyboard and LCD to work though I don't think so.

Any feedback is appriciated.

Naza0166
01-26-2015, 08:57 AM
A member of the NVIDIA forum said the below.

That issue with aida64 was resolved when nvidia moved to NVAPI and AIDA stopped using direct register access.

If you have not changed settings in aida64 in a while though, you might have bad settings for the GPU access.

Please make sure "nVidia GPU SMBus access through nVIDIA ForceWare" is ticked.

Though I have this option turned on and the stuter still happens. I have to turn the GPU Sensor off in AIDA64 to not have the stutter.

Stryder
01-30-2015, 11:33 PM
Same problem here, stuttering and AIDA high CPU usage enabling GPU sensor support