PDA

View Full Version : C:\eSupport GL550JK Deleted

Dannyps
01-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Hey guys! I bought a ROG GL550JK about two month ago. Yesterday I was playing around with Windows 10 Technical Preview and deleted, willingly, the partition that came with Windows 8.1, after copying what I wanted to keep. Well, only after that did I realize the importance of the folder C:\eSupport which contains several files and an exe that installs all the drivers the PC needs. When I formatted the partition I lost that folder. I searched for it in the install.wim recovery image but the folder wasn't there. I've already contacted Asus Support asking if they could send me the folder zipped or equivalent. Anyway, I'd like to ask if anyone here has this folder and, if so, could send me it.. Oh, and by the way, warn your friends that acquire an ASUS PC to always backup this folder ;)

Thanks!

GottiBoi55
01-26-2015, 03:48 AM
Hi Dannyps, and welcome to the ROG Forum.

Everything you need can be found here >>>>Drivers & Tools
(http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=745&m=GL550JK&os=&hashedid=JM98bxvDGyk2ZTjI) I'm not so sure if these Drivers & Tools will be W10 compatible, but you can give it a try.
You can try running the Windows compatibility tool, and you might get them to work correctly.
Maybe the basic operational driver & tools may work.

Good luck my friend.

Dannyps
01-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Hi, thanks for your reply. I know about that page, but the files I talked about made the process of installing drivers much easier. Still hopping someone can send me that folder ;)