PDA

View Full Version : Asus G771JM Issues

Lybe
01-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Hello,

I just bought a new laptop with this config:

-Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ 2.50GHz, Haswell™, turbo boost till 3,5 ghz, but is stuck on 2,5 ghz only.
-8gb ddr3 1600 mhz, but is running with 800 mhz, Idk why.
-1 TB HDD 7200 rpm
-nVidia GeForce GTX 860M 4GB gddr5, Maxwell.
-Current OS Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64 bit, installed by me.

I downloaded and installed the drivers (except bios and utility ones) and my issue is that Im not very skilled with Dual GPU and hardware config. After I installed nvidia driver 333.37 from Asus support website, I cant use nvidia experience. When I try to open it, I get an error that says the application needs to be closed. I heard that this driver cant be updated for this type of rog asus laptop, and I wonder if this affects the gaming performance.

My main issue is that I installed and played Dota2, and once at every 5 minutes, the screen freezes for 3-5 seconds which is really fustrating for a player who plays this game.

Second issue is the temperature, when surfing and on idle is between 40-50 C, and when playing Dota it hits 75-90 C. I wonder if the high temperature causes the lag spike every 5 minutes. The Cpu fan is going on 3400+ rpm and gpu on 100% when playing Dota2. The sound is distrubing.

Third issue is that I dont know if I need to install a wireless driver, and if I need, which one to instal?, because when I installed windows, a wireless driver was on already.

As I mentioned before, Im not skilled with hardware and software configs, but can anyone tell me please how to set up this laptop for gaming? Especially for playing Dota2 w/o screen freezes or lag spikes. I hope that this laptop doest have any damaged component that affects the performance.

Please give me advices about how to set up this laptop for gaming and how to remove the lag spike while playing Dota2.

Thanks for reading this!