PDA

View Full Version : G751JT need help with battery

bahiista
01-31-2015, 06:07 AM
hi guys, just got my G751JT yesterday and the battery is fix. :(

Is it possible to remove the battery and run the machine using the wall plug?any ideas if it affects the battery if the unit is plugged for a long time?

thanks much

nice.lw
01-31-2015, 06:17 AM
This is new technology battery is just enough if you unplug power cable once p/w to discharge and recharge to full ...
if you will use this method, battery "be happy" and u2

Regards Lukasz

bahiista
01-31-2015, 07:45 AM
thanks man, since yesterday, this is the 4th time that i charged to 100% then drain to 10% and plug again.

NitroX
01-31-2015, 08:11 AM
thanks man, since yesterday, this is the 4th time that i charged to 100% then drain to 10% and plug again.

Do not discharge the battery if you do not need to run on battery power. The battery wears off with every cycle. The technology implemented in this laptop works this way:

1) You charge your laptop to 100% then your battery is not receiving power anymore. The power will be cut from the battery. You can verify this by going with your mouse cursor after the laptop charges to 100% and see that it specifically says "Not charging". This way you eliminate the need to pull out the battery like on the models with removable battery.

2) The battery will start to charge again only after it's capacity reaches 95% or under. So, the best way to keep your battery safe is to actually keep it plugged in to AC power as long your don't need to run the laptop on battery.

3) You will have to do a full discharge/charge cycle once in a while. Let's say once at 2 or 3 weeks just to keep the battery calibrated.

Maybe I'm just speaking bulls**it but this is how I've done so far, and this is also how I will be doing until I prove myself that it the method is wrong (hopefully never).

bahiista
01-31-2015, 08:48 AM
thanks NitroX... will do the same :)