PDA

View Full Version : G750JS-T4222D shutting off after aprox. 3 sec.

Mtomescu
01-31-2015, 10:38 AM
Woke up, plugged in the charger and booted up.
It got into windows when suddenly the laptop shutdown.
When I press the power button, it starts booting in, but after about 2-3 seconds it shuts down by itself.
If I remove the battery and try to start it up , it doesn't even switch on when I press the power button.
I left It all night to charge, the battery light was orange when I put in the charger , but when I woke up the next day, it wasn't green. It was still orange but blinking. Tried the same thing, and it randomly shuts down after 2-3 seconds.
I also tried booting up with only the battery in, but doesn't switch on at all.
It only switches on about 3 seconds when I have the battery and the charger plugged in.
The laptop is about 2 months old...
Does anybody have a solution? I saw on the internet that I should somehow remove the BIOS battery to reset the BIOS or something like that..
Thank you for your responses.

hmscott
01-31-2015, 06:39 PM
Woke up, plugged in the charger and booted up.
It got into windows when suddenly the laptop shutdown.
When I press the power button, it starts booting in, but after about 2-3 seconds it shuts down by itself.
If I remove the battery and try to start it up , it doesn't even switch on when I press the power button.
I left It all night to charge, the battery light was orange when I put in the charger , but when I woke up the next day, it wasn't green. It was still orange but blinking. Tried the same thing, and it randomly shuts down after 2-3 seconds.
I also tried booting up with only the battery in, but doesn't switch on at all.
It only switches on about 3 seconds when I have the battery and the charger plugged in.
The laptop is about 2 months old...
Does anybody have a solution? I saw on the internet that I should somehow remove the BIOS battery to reset the BIOS or something like that..
Thank you for your responses.

Mtomescu, it sounds like the charging circuit failed, the blinking yellow/orange light is indicating it isn't charging correctly. It could be the power adapter or it could be the circuit inside the laptop.

You don't need to remove the CMOS battery, but you can do a power reset from shutdown. Unplug the power adapter cable from the laptop, remove the main battery, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then put it all back together. Hopefully that will allow the charge to work again, but if not you will need to contact Asus for an RMA for repair.

https://vip.asus.com <== create a login, register your laptop, file a Technical Inquiry describing the problem and request an RMA for repair.

Please come back and let us know how it works out :)