PDA

View Full Version : G75VX Factory Image + Drivers Windows 8.1

Tweek38
02-01-2015, 04:57 AM
Hi All,

I am really curious if someone out there in the world, possibly has a default factory image of the G75VX with the original drivers, and before anyone jumps up and down saying use restore or backtracker, thats not going to happen. A couple of months ago, I got a
dreaded BSOD with Windows 8.1 "Critical Process Failure" I tried everything everything, I wasnt able to recover, repair or anything. So
had to format my main drive, which meant I lost the restore partition and get a new copy of Windows 8.1. Well thats the solution I
came up with. I have managed to install Windows 8.1 with little fuss, but there is some odds n ends that just dont seem right to me. I would love to get a copy of a factory image + drivers for Windows 8.1, just in case stuff happens again.
If anyone can offer some advice or help, muchly appreciated.

Thanks

skidoo
02-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Hi All,

I am really curious if someone out there in the world, possibly has a default factory image of the G75VX with the original drivers, and before anyone jumps up and down saying use restore or backtracker, thats not going to happen. A couple of months ago, I got a
dreaded BSOD with Windows 8.1 "Critical Process Failure" I tried everything everything, I wasnt able to recover, repair or anything. So
had to format my main drive, which meant I lost the restore partition and get a new copy of Windows 8.1. Well thats the solution I
came up with. I have managed to install Windows 8.1 with little fuss, but there is some odds n ends that just dont seem right to me. I would love to get a copy of a factory image + drivers for Windows 8.1, just in case stuff happens again.
If anyone can offer some advice or help, muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Me too please??!!

CrawlerX
02-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Hi, boys. I have ASUS G75VX, and my story is: everything goes fine until Microsoft release WIN 8.1 After downloading and installing this service pack laptop can't be restored to factory state since system replied that hidden partition can't be found. Worst case! I'm sure you know about this case because a lot of threads are posted here and on another sources. So, next I make clean install of WIN 8. During installation, I delete all partitions except hidden recovery. It was my second big mistake. DO NOT DELETE RESTORE PARTITION. It consist WIN PE and takes near 900 MB! This partition initialize your returning. So, originally you need two partitions to make restoring by yourself: Restore and Recovery, but........ Clean WIN 8 does not have preinstalled ASUS software and drivers, even you download and install it from ASUS web site system works not properly. So, I prefer to change operation system back to original WIN8 ASUS factory preinstalled but it is not so easy even you have only one recovery partition. Finally I restore my ASUS to factory mode twice by using TOOL_FAC_W8GPT_V1.1.1.iso If needed I can give step by step instruction how to do. And of course, I can upload hidden partition written down by Acronis. Just say place for upload. It is near 12GB.

skidoo
02-03-2015, 08:41 PM
mediafire works well and is free!!
I think it allows you to upload atleast that amount 12gb...
One thing...uploading is real slow!!
Do it when your NB is not in use, and give it time...all night, and as soon as possible in the evening.
Otherwise, a torrent site like kickass or piratebay...which is much faster.
thanks for your help in advance!!
really appreciated

CrawlerX
02-03-2015, 09:25 PM
Thank you for idea. But i'm not so familiar with it and it will take much time for upload/download. Better way is: I'll download uTorrent client, and install it on my computer. Then, after file prepared I send you name of torrent or magnet link of this archive. You shall just download it from my computer.