PDA

View Full Version : G750jh motherboard replacement needed

Nizarc
02-03-2015, 04:12 AM
I need a motherboard for the g750jh series, I recently purchased the laptop for a good price knowing the motherboard needs to be replaced, I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Also when I took it apart I noticed it says g750jw mainboard rev 2.1, is this even the right mother board. Thanks

Areosjc
04-17-2015, 12:39 AM
Hi man, Im sorry you can find any motherboard for your laptop but, I came to this thread because Im curious about the motherboard your JH had on in, I think the motherboard you have is the correct part, my JX had also a JW motherboard just with the JX BIOS on it, if you could take some pictures of the JW motherboard on the JH case you will help me understand how Asus build the whole G750 series, my theory is all the G750 models share the same motherboard just with different bios.

code9523
04-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Hi man, Im sorry you can find any motherboard for your laptop but, I came to this thread because Im curious about the motherboard your JH had on in, I think the motherboard you have is the correct part, my JX had also a JW motherboard just with the JX BIOS on it, if you could take some pictures of the JW motherboard on the JH case you will help me understand how Asus build the whole G750 series, my theory is all the G750 models share the same motherboard just with different bios.

True!
I also replaced a mother board in g750jh and it was G750JW Board Rev 2.1 PCB made in China ))) You can order used on ebay from Jw Jx or other but only one thing that you'll need it's flashing BIOS using afudos because your board will not recognize GPU.

code9523
04-17-2015, 10:36 PM
P.S. By the way I can buy your's dead motherboard for parts))) PM me.

Areosjc
04-18-2015, 12:45 AM
so you have done the flash on a JW motherboard to use the jh bios????

If so this will answer the question I have about upgrading the card from my g750JX to a 780M, Ill only need to know how to change the bios to a JH one, and it will work. Please give more details about it.

Good luck

beatc
04-18-2015, 04:48 AM
how to check which version motherboard do you have?

code9523
04-18-2015, 07:51 AM
so you have done the flash on a JW motherboard to use the jh bios????

If so this will answer the question I have about upgrading the card from my g750JX to a 780M, Ill only need to know how to change the bios to a JH one, and it will work. Please give more details about it.

Good luck

You cant fit GTX 780 in G750JX because cooling and bottom part are different! G750JX is slim profile and G750JH is fat one and gtx 780 needs more air to be cooled.

how to check which version motherboard do you have?

The only way to know it is to remove keyboard module.

Areosjc
04-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Yep, I know a major mod it's needed, this is the first part of my question wich is in fact already aswered, will a g750jw motherboard fit on a G750jh case? Yes it does because you have comfirmed. I know I need to change the bottom case to a JH one (fat version) and also heatsink and fans too, ooh and don't forget about AC brick.
This was the physical part.

The other question is, once you get all together the system will not recognize the VGA card!!, you will need to install the JH BIOS into that JW board!!. So the question I was asking is about this. This will actually work? I think you have done it before, if so please give us more details about how it can be done.
Thank you!!

code9523
04-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Yep, I know a major mod it's needed, this is the first part of my question wich is in fact already aswered, will a g750jw motherboard fit on a G750jh case? Yes it does because you have comfirmed. I know I need to change the bottom case to a JH one (fat version) and also heatsink and fans too, ooh and don't forget about AC brick.
This was the physical part.

The other question is, once you get all together the system will not recognize the VGA card!!, you will need to install the JH BIOS into that JW board!!. So the question I was asking is about this. This will actually work? I think you have done it before, if so please give us more details about how it can be done.
Thank you!!

I just flashed it thro afudos using command: afudos g750.bin /p / b /n /x /r
Which g750.bin was G750JH 206 bios from asus site.
Second step is to flash it again using winflash because after afudos flashing my keyboard flashlight gone))) So I flashed it thro winflash using command: winflash /nodate
And everything works fine and stable (typed from flashed g750jh)

Areosjc
04-18-2015, 02:34 PM
This are excelent news, so upgrading my g750jx is posible. Thank you!!!!

code9523
04-18-2015, 02:41 PM
This are excelent news, so upgrading my g750jx is posible. Thank you!!!!

Possible but pretty expensive the cheapest way to upgrade is to buy a broken g750jh but with working gpu.

Areosjc
04-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Possible but pretty expensive the cheapest way to upgrade is to buy a broken g750jh but with working gpu.

I found a GPU really cheap so not so much, but this opens possibilities for further upgrades, because the G750JY use the all mighty 980M and use the same form factor as the JZ and this use the same form factor as the JH, just with copper heatsink. this will need to mod the BIOS because the motherboard for the JS,JZ,JY is different so we can't just flash BIOS and expect to work.

Good luck

Edit: corrected can with can't

hmscott
04-18-2015, 07:16 PM
I found a GPU really cheap so not so much, but this opens possibilities for further upgrades, because the G750JY use the all mighty 980M and use the same form factor as the JZ and this use the same form factor as the JH, just with copper heatsink. this will need to mod the BIOS because the motherboard for the JS,JZ,JY is different so we can just flash BIOS and expect to work.
Good luck

When you or someone else actually trys this, and it works, then you can say you can expect it to work, but until then the safe assumption is: you can expect it not to work :)

code9523
04-19-2015, 12:05 PM
I found a GPU really cheap so not so much, but this opens possibilities for further upgrades, because the G750JY use the all mighty 980M and use the same form factor as the JZ and this use the same form factor as the JH, just with copper heatsink. this will need to mod the BIOS because the motherboard for the JS,JZ,JY is different so we can't just flash BIOS and expect to work.

Good luck

Edit: corrected can with can't

Here may come troubles because of power which gtx980 uses and even mxm slot can have same shape but different pins! I think that gtx880 is maximum which you can put inside but there will be no big difference compare to gtx780.

Areosjc
04-19-2015, 09:27 PM
I ordered the 780m card for $289 usd I will try to upgrade my JX in a few week. I still need other parts (bottom cover, vga heatsink, and vga fan) I will report my results.

Good luck

code9523
04-20-2015, 07:35 AM
I ordered the 780m card for $289 usd I will try to upgrade my JX in a few week. I still need other parts (bottom cover, vga heatsink, and vga fan) I will report my results.

Good luck

If you will need some more instruction pm me.

Good Luck!

Areosjc
04-20-2015, 03:46 PM
If you will need some more instruction pm me.

Good Luck!

Thank you!!, I also ordered a G750JS heatsink, I expect this can handle the 780M since the 870M is also rated at 100W ( and the heatsink is also copper based not aluminium), but the JS heatsink fits in the JX case, I expect temps in the range of the JS (88C) for GPU, little hot but safe, and if is too hot I will need to change the heatsink, bottom case and fans, but if it is ok, i have saved a few bucks :D.

Good Luck

Nizarc
04-28-2015, 01:38 AM
True!
I also replaced a mother board in g750jh and it was G750JW Board Rev 2.1 PCB made in China ))) You can order used on ebay from Jw Jx or other but only one thing that you'll need it's flashing BIOS using afudos because your board will not recognize GPU.

Thanks I just ordered one on eBay and will try replacing the one I have. thanks again for all the useful information it's hard to find any information about this any where online

Areosjc
04-29-2015, 12:36 AM
Thanks I just ordered one on eBay and will try replacing the one I have. thanks again for all the useful information it's hard to find any information about this any where online

Please come back and share your results here as soon as you try it, and please take pictures of everything inside the laptop, I would like to compare the DC In piece and the power button pcb.

Thank you!!!

Good Luck!!!

code9523
04-29-2015, 03:25 AM
In G750JH the DC connector board is different from g750jw or jx it's bigger and also dc brick is 230wats!!! so you need another brick too!

Areosjc
04-29-2015, 03:54 PM
In G750JH the DC connector board is different from g750jw or jx it's bigger and also dc brick is 230wats!!! so you need another brick too!

I know already this upgrade will need the 230w AC brick, but the AC connector in the laptop is not clear. the differences could be just in shape or there must be another reason? I think some pictures to compare will be really great��

Good luck

code9523
04-30-2015, 04:36 AM
I know already this upgrade will need the 230w AC brick, but the AC connector in the laptop is not clear. the differences could be just in shape or there must be another reason? I think some pictures to compare will be really great��

Good luck

Here You are!))

In theory yours powerboard can stay (the fittings in bottom case are the same) but you need to find a 230 watt power supply with your type of connector! Also you can find any 230 watt and solder your connector to it will work fine)))

Areosjc
04-30-2015, 10:17 PM
Here You are!))

In theory yours powerboard can stay (the fittings in bottom case are the same) but you need to find a 230 watt power supply with your type of connector! Also you can find any 230 watt and solder your connector to it will work fine)))

Hey, thanks a lot for all your help, I think I will buy an AC brick and adapt the connector to match the one found in the JX. This is my connector on the laptop and the charger.

http://s8.postimg.org/4sa2kzye9/IMG_2861.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4sa2kzye9/)
http://s1.postimg.org/gbf6dj9bv/IMG_2865.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/gbf6dj9bv/)

Thank and good luck.

code9523
05-01-2015, 05:54 PM
As in g750JH ac brick is on screws so you can solder your power cord to it! there are two huge solder points which are easy to solder even for kid!

Areosjc
05-02-2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I will order a dell brick because it's cheaper and just replace the connector.
Good luck!!

Nizarc
05-11-2015, 02:29 AM
Can you provide more detail about flashing with afudos, does it have to be a bootable usb, I've got the laptop working but only on a external display and just stuck with flashing the bios at this moment. Thanks

code9523
05-11-2015, 04:26 AM
You need an bootable usb drive with dos and afudos then simply use command afudos filename.rom /p / b /n /x /r
But if you just need to flash a stock rom on your's g750 you can use winflash with /nodate command or ctrl + home + power with a bios file named yourmodel.bin on a small fat32 usb drive.

Nizarc
05-13-2015, 12:23 AM
I need to flash the mother board with a different rom, the original motherboard is from a asus g750jh but I couldn't find one so I purchased a g750jx motherboard which currently runs but will not recognize the video card, so if you can be more specific as to where would I be flashing the motherboard from ex bios page or command prompt and where would I download this dos file and currently the afudos file I downloaded seems to be an old version which only works with win7 and previous version, much appreciated. Thanks

code9523
05-13-2015, 06:14 AM
I have the mod rom you need to flash from jh to jx pm me with your email and I will share it to you!

Nizarc
05-13-2015, 11:48 PM
Nizchk8@live.ca I need to flash the Jx to JH thanks

code9523
05-14-2015, 03:39 AM
Email sent!

Nizarc
05-15-2015, 01:19 AM
Thanks a lot

Nizarc
05-15-2015, 02:55 AM
I made all the way to the dos menu options after entering the afudos ----.bin / p/b etc all I get is a whole bunch of options that won't let me flash the bios does the bin file you provided contain the rom file for the JH model and if so would you remember which one of the many options would I be choosing. Thanks

code9523
05-15-2015, 03:30 PM
drop me some photos of dos to my email!

ainarssems2
10-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Hi, newbie here.

My friend has G750JH laptop with failed motherboard, it's a bit hard to find exact motherboard( it says JHA on motherboard sticker) and they are quite expensive but I can find motherboard from JW for half the price. I understand that I can use motherboard from G750JW and it will work just will need to flash BIOS from JH. This is not a problem for me just wanted to see if anybody can confirm that SSD's will work as they should as well because he has 2x128GB SSD's in RAID 0 from factory along with 1TB HDD. I can see on the WEB that some JW motherboards have a socket for ribbon cable that goes to SSD daughterboard and others just have a space with contacts there but without actual socket. Is it safe to assume that as long as I get JW motherboard with the SSD socket and flash JHA firmware it will work as it should?

georgiani
03-02-2017, 02:21 PM
I have the mod rom you need to flash from jh to jx pm me with your email and I will share it to you!

I also need instructions on how to flash the BIOS from 750 to 750

georgiani
03-02-2017, 02:24 PM

from 750jx to 750jh

NLAIV
12-28-2017, 10:02 PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me, where can I find that "afudos"?

A while ago I somehow managed to fry my 750jw motherboard, and finally got replacement part for it. The only problem for me is, that the new board has JH bios on it, and asus easyflash won't allow me to flash the right one... so for now I'm stuck with gtx765m disguised as MS basic display adapter... Without the the laughable capabilities of 765m...

I also have gtx780m and JH vga heatsink at hand, and though about modifying the heatsinks radiator, to make it fit inside the JW shell...At a glance, it seems possible, tough after modifications, one of the three heatpipes would literally be exposed at the bottom of the radiator. No idea what would happen with thermals etc...

jeffpark1118
03-15-2018, 07:24 PM
True!

Can you swap out a G750JM board with a JZ board? What will be different? I've found a REV2.0 with a better cpu and the 880m's are sold separately. Is it possible to put the two together and put it into my G750Jm? Thanks