PDA

View Full Version : Problem with G73S Blu-Ray

ReDXfiRe
11-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't know what happened but it seems my Blu-ray driver has stopped working. I've already tried to uninstall so Windows can reinstall it, used another Blu-Ray player and still doesn't load.. IT RECOGNIZES CDs, but it DOESN'T recognize Blu-Ray player... everytime I click on my Blu-Ray Drive while having a Blu-ray in it it ejects and asks to insert a disk; no Blu-ray Disk works... I've read on google about this problem, but they don't write any useful info to fix this...

Windows 7 64-Bit recognizes the Blu-ray Drive as Slimtype BD E DS4E1S but still doesn't have any Blu-ray Playback nor recognizes at all... just CDs... can anyone help on this? Has anyone had this problem?

dstrakele
11-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Your ODD and its driver are fine. You need a 3rd party Blu-Ray player to play Blu-Ray discs on Windows 7. See http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5684-G74SX-ST1-Blueray-drive-issues.

ReDXfiRe
11-11-2011, 12:15 AM
I got two players, both Roxio BD Player and Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 and still doesn't work. Also checked that post nothing from there helps.

dstrakele
11-11-2011, 01:21 AM
What is the Blu-Ray Region Code (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code#Blu-ray_Disc_region_codes) of your Blu-Ray media? How are your players configured with respect to Region Code? Does it match that of your media? Be aware you can change Region Code only 5 times before it is set permanently on your Windows 7 installation.

Are you choosing the correct format of your Blu-Ray media (i.e. 2D vs. 3D, which type of 3D)?

Roxio CinePlayer requires you to purchase a plug-in to play Blu-Ray discs.

ReDXfiRe
11-12-2011, 12:37 AM
I think its Region A, also before I DIDN'T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS, I don't really know what kind of changes my computer had, maybe its Windows 7 updates related I'm really not sure what but my computer used to play BR movies but now it doesnt recognizes it at all, it ejects everytime i try to access the drive. What is the plug-in just to make it play? Please link, hope that fixes the problem but I don't think so since it used to play without problems.

JRd1st
11-12-2011, 01:06 AM
You need powerDvd Ultra to play BR

Roxio may have deactivated your BR. Wasn't that a trial?

dstrakele
11-12-2011, 01:45 AM
I think its Region A, also before I DIDN'T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS, I don't really know what kind of changes my computer had, maybe its Windows 7 updates related I'm really not sure what but my computer used to play BR movies but now it doesnt recognizes it at all, it ejects everytime i try to access the drive. What is the plug-in just to make it play? Please link, hope that fixes the problem but I don't think so since it used to play without problems.

Did you try a restore to an earlier time (i.e. when you did not experience these problems)?

JRd1st
11-12-2011, 02:12 AM
I bought PowerDVD Ultra, today. Quite nice! I bought "Alien" BluRay quite cheap at Target. Has both Director's Cut and original on the disc.

ReDXfiRe
11-12-2011, 03:09 AM
I got PowerDVD Ultra and still doesn't work... how can Roxio disable the BR playback?

JRd1st
11-12-2011, 12:32 PM
They can but only on their own program, cineplayer. If you had a trial, it may have expired. Plus, with all the drm crap, they have a lot of control over that program. Also, your codecs may be out of date, bluray needs to be updated frequently because the entertainment industry is very controlling.

For both of your programs, check for any kind of updates, either program, or codecs

dstrakele
11-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Try Cyberlink's free "BD and 3D Advisor" diagnostic program (http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do) and see what it says.

The behavior of ejecting the blu-ray disc(s?) sounds like the disc is unreadable. Have you tried playing these blu-ray discs on a friend's computer?

Another alternative you can try is a lens cleaner product for the ODD laser lens or for the disc itself (http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?keywords=cd%20drive%20cleaner&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acd%20drive%20cleaner&page=1&rd=1#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cd+laser+lens+cleaner&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acd+laser+lens+cleaner).

ReDXfiRe
11-24-2011, 01:39 AM
I tried the BD and 3D Advisor, it says pass on all of them, I guess I'll try getting something to clean the Lens because those BRs do work on my PS3

ReDXfiRe
11-26-2011, 01:06 AM
bump

BrodyBoy
11-26-2011, 01:57 AM
I know this seems elemental, but have you tried uninstalling the optical drive and letting Windows reinstall it upon reboot?

Fred_82s
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi there, I'm having the same problem with the BD-Rom...It plays CD's but won't recognize BR or DVD. Like yours it was working fine in the past.

Did you guys find any solution for this issue?

fuzon1337
01-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Hi there, I'm having the same problem with the BD-Rom...It plays CD's but won't recognize BR or DVD. Like yours it was working fine in the past.

Did you guys find any solution for this issue?

If your BD-room worked fine before, you could try to restore your notebook to an earlier point when it worked :)