PDA

View Full Version : G751 Imbalanced Sound Problem (internal speakers only), FIX IS OUT!

Pages : [1] 2

Jlieu
02-05-2015, 04:10 PM
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

download the latest Version V6.0.1.7427

No new UI as promised. lol

Edit by cl-Albert: Hope it's okay to edit your post Jlieu, but anybody that wants to read more about the original problem and gory history of this issue may want to check this post below which is currently closed while we check out this new *.7432 G751 audio driver version at this post. Thanks.

G751 Imbalanced Sound Problem OFFICIAL SUPPORT THREAD
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREAD

Jlieu
02-05-2015, 04:57 PM
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JT/HelpDesk_Download/

official version. should include new UI. test now.

NitroX
02-05-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm now testing the 7432 drivers . It seems that they are working well but I don't have the Asus AudioWizard anymore because I have made a clean install of the drivers. You can now test these drivers by right clicking on "Sound Icon" in the task bar, selecting "Playback Devices" --> Speakers ---> Properties --> Levels and set the front level to 0 and leave Internal Subwoofer at 50. You will now hear only the low frequencies from the subwoofer. Place the Internal Subwoofer slide between 50-80. At 100 the palm rest starts vibrating.

Anyone has the AudioWizard along with these drivers ?

New drivers here, at AUDIO: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

Later EDIT: Sorry for the typo! I wanted to write 7432 drivers instead of 7437. I've corrected after!

Jlieu
02-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I have audiowizard comes along.

hmscott
02-05-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm now testing the 7432 drivers . It seems that they are working well but I don't have the Asus AudioWizard anymore because I have made a clean install of the drivers. You can now test these drivers by right clicking on "Sound Icon" in the task bar, selecting "Playback Devices" --> Speakers ---> Properties --> Levels and set the front level to 0 and leave Internal Subwoofer at 50. You will now hear only the low frequencies from the subwoofer. Place the Internal Subwoofer slide between 50-80. At 100 the palm rest starts vibrating.

New drivers here, at AUDIO: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

NitroX, here in the US that link (JY) is only showing .7335, not 7427 or 7432, and the JT site is the same, until the sites sync up inside Asus, please post a direct download link to the latest audio driver package with a version number, so it can be downloaded directly.

Update: Thanks to Edweird in the other (now closed) thread for this direct link to the 7432 driver:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432.zip

Update2: The new 7432 driver is showing up in the G751 support areas now from the US, at least for me :)

cl-Albert
02-05-2015, 05:39 PM
NitroX, here in the US that link is only showing .7335, not 7427 or 7437, until the sites sync up inside Asus, please post a direct download link to the latest audio driver package with a version number, so it can be downloaded directly.

Thanks for checking hmscott.
Looks like the new audio driver may only be available on the G751JY downloads right now at NitroX's link above, so anybody that is interested may need to get it from that page, but the direct link is below too.

G751JY Realtek Audio Driver Version V6.0.1.7432
File Size 200.21 MB

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432.zip

Edit 2/6/15: The *.7432 audio driver can now be found under the G751JT downloads too.

NitroX
02-05-2015, 06:09 PM
These new drivers really make a big difference. The sound is more balanced and with the MaxxVolume and MaxxLeveler activated on Multimedia Settings, it can go up to 100% without big distorsions (with the MaxxTreble and MaxxBass at 0). Now, I think the sound is even are even better than the one on G75VW.

I will also test how the new drivers perform with an external 5.1 System and come back with the feedback. I own a Logitech G51 that misses the 5.1 surround due to lack of driver support -_- ... It's good that they have the internal 5.1 virtual surround, but that tends to get messy on the rear speakers.

Rares95
02-05-2015, 06:09 PM
I don't see any new UI on the V6.0.1.7432

Edweird
02-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Did you uninstall completely?
You should be able to see this setting:

NitroX
02-05-2015, 07:12 PM
I don't see any new UI on the V6.0.1.7432

Download the new drivers, extract them and click on the setup. Next just follow the steps and when it ask for restart just click ok. It will ask you twice to restart your laptop (once for completely uninstalling the old drivers and one for completely installing the new drivers). The first time I installed them I clicked cancel when they asked for restart and the wizard didn't complet the install so I didn't get the AudioWizard at the end. Just follow the instructions as intended and everything will be ok. You GOT to try these new drivers... they are awesome even for the 5.1 System. It can boost it's treble and bass very much, and now it works on real 5.1 surround which will be a pleasure for movies :D.

Rares95
02-05-2015, 07:28 PM
But i followed the steps and it's the same Audio Wizard i had before. Control panel shows the correct version of the audio drivers. Restarted 2 times when prompted

NitroX
02-05-2015, 07:46 PM
But i followed the steps and it's the same Audio Wizard i had before. Control panel shows the correct version of the audio drivers. Restarted 2 times when prompted

It is supposed to look the same -_- . The difference is inside the drivers and in the Speaker's Configuration panel from Control>Panel. And the biggest difference is with the sound. You can't notice any changes ?

joshindaphils
02-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Definitely sounds better IMO, just don't expect the world guys, be realistic they are tiny laptop speaker, okay?

L/R separation and highs are much better now, I think the midrange sound took a small hit though.

Also the ROG profiles now work nicely for the internal speakers, though am personally keeping it off as I don't care for the EQ tweaks over my speakers or headphones.

I believe that the UI should give you manual control of the sound levels to the font and sub, as well any LFE cut off so it could be tweaked to ones preferences vs just taking someone elses choice of balance, everyone has their own preferences after all <-- almost certainly why this MASSIVE issue exist to begin with....

toronto699
02-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Are these drivers an Official Asus Fix , has Asus Officially Said its a fix or just newly posted drivers?

I have a G751-JY-DH72X my audio is fine , and I don't know why my model did not have the Sub issue, should I install these drives?

Richdog
02-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Well, seems beter now. Still an absolute joke that it took ASUS so long to fix.

quackalackin
02-05-2015, 08:55 PM
I too have lost the audio wizard entirely. And the new ui that you guys are talking about, I had that for the longest while. The adjustments themselves just never worked.
I did the download entirely correctly, but now I have no audio wizard.

joshindaphils
02-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Okay I take back part of my previous post, you can adjust Internal Sub and front levels in the speaker properties, whereas before this was broken on different levels. It just is not exposed in the Audio Manager UI. I found 100% Internal Sub and 35% front to be the best balance. There is clearly an LFE cutoff that does not appear open for adjustment.

This does affect the volume going out the headphone / line out jack though, on first impressions it also has the benefit of cleaning up / providing more define low end frequencies to external speakers I haven't done any critical A/B testing but the impression struck me immediately.

viper3000
02-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Sound is Amazing. Thanks Realtek,MarshalL,ASUS - and now I can say that I have really gaming gun(cannon) :D
I have downloaded 7432v driver and all is ok.
Please someone send pictures for the best setting for multimedia and batlefield from maxx audio.

d0r1n
02-05-2015, 11:09 PM
finally we have control over the internal subwoofer...this fix is 90% perfection,there is still a diference in sound left-right(tested with off subwoofer),but is something small,the fix is good

yupyup
02-05-2015, 11:48 PM
I have the JT laptop but downloaded the new JY audio dive and it works. Sounds amazing. I'm not sure what to chose for the Audio Wizard. I like how Action sounds. But I afraid to push my speakers. Hopefully people will start to figure out the best presets and post them here.

redtalisker
02-06-2015, 12:29 AM
Just seen this and downloaded the new update. My view? Certainly a huge improvement on the original sound. There is now a clear distinction between the channels. When I first got the laptop I was struggling to work out where exactly the left and right speakers were positioned due to the fact almost all the sound was coming from the speaker on the bottom of laptop. It's still not great. Far too tinny for my liking. I think it can be safely said that sound is never going to be one of the G751's strengths. Certainly compared to my last laptop a Dell XPS L502X it's definitively a step down for me. However I did walk into this purchase knowing the sound was not all that and the ASUS does a hell of lot of other things extremely well. All in all the sound has gone from downright nasty to ok and that's all I expected before I bought so I am happy.

cip_bleah
02-06-2015, 01:30 AM
The fix works, partialy. It should have a variable cutoff for the subwoofer, now it is set too high.
At high volume the sub still buzzes - i got better results with windows drivers for music. I am sure the sound coming out can play without distortion.

joshindaphils
02-06-2015, 01:45 AM
Just seen this and downloaded the new update. My view? Certainly a huge improvement on the original sound. There is now a clear distinction between the channels. When I first got the laptop I was struggling to work out where exactly the left and right speakers were positioned due to the fact almost all the sound was coming from the speaker on the bottom of laptop. It's still not great. Far too tinny for my liking....

I found lowering the volume of the front speakers to 35% helped greatly with the sound providing a more balanced sound.

1) Right click on your taskbar sound icon.
2) click on 'Playback devices'
3) Click on 'Speakers'
4) Click on the 'Properties' button
5) click on the 'Levels' tab
6) Slide the 'Front' slider to a level you think sounds better i.e. 35
7) Click ‘Ok’ or ‘Apply’
8) See my previous post for caveats

Would be nice if they had different levels for internal front and front like they do for the sub...

crudetrader
02-06-2015, 03:59 AM
will Audio Driver Version V6.0.1.7432 work on all g751 series say perhaps the jt?????

x7007
02-06-2015, 04:37 AM
Thanks ,,, FInally ! XD

So to use Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432 ? I saw someone says there is 17437.

Why isn't the Audio in the G751JT is updated too with the newest version ? Only the G751JY , if I was to go into the laptop model I wouldn't see it. It's like for some people who aren't going into forums and such.

toronto699
02-06-2015, 04:46 AM
will Audio Driver Version V6.0.1.7432 work on all g751 series say perhaps the jt?????

yes

toronto699
02-06-2015, 04:48 AM
Thanks ,,, FInally ! XD

So to use Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432 ? I saw someone says there is 17437.

Why isn't the Audio in the G751JT is updated too with the newest version ? Only the G751JY , if I was to go into the laptop model I wouldn't see it. It's like for some people who aren't going into forums and such.
select W8.1 64 no 7437 driver listed

hmscott
02-06-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm now testing the 7437 drivers . It seems that they are working well but I don't have the Asus AudioWizard anymore because I have made a clean install of the drivers. You can now test these drivers by right clicking on "Sound Icon" in the task bar, selecting "Playback Devices" --> Speakers ---> Properties --> Levels and set the front level to 0 and leave Internal Subwoofer at 50. You will now hear only the low frequencies from the subwoofer. Place the Internal Subwoofer slide between 50-80. At 100 the palm rest starts vibrating.

NitroX, everyone is only seeing version 7432, is your mention of testing 7437 a typo, or did you find a newer version somewhere else?

Update: NitroX confirmed it was a typo, driver is 7432 only.

Hebrew
02-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Amazing Improvement. Obviously not better than my multi piece external set but as far as laptop speakers go these sound great!

I'm happy you guys at ASUS got around to fixing it and it only took a couple months. I was thinking about returning it but am now very happy I held onto it.

Now, I feel that my money was well spent. It was hard to rationalize a large purchase that didn't work properly. Hard to swallow, but you've redeemed yourselves in my book. I was thinking that I'd never buy another ASUS product but providing this fix quickly has put ASUS back into my list of tech companies that I'd purchase from.

TL;DR Fix works perfectly. Good job ASUS!

_
02-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Are these drivers an Official Asus Fix , has Asus Officially Said its a fix or just newly posted drivers?

I have a G751-JY-DH72X my audio is fine , and I don't know why my model did not have the Sub issue, should I install these drives?

v6.0.1.74xx is the official one, yes.

bere7
02-06-2015, 09:52 AM
thank you marshallr for highlighting and pushing this audio issue towards the relevant departments attention and for getting us a fix. much gratitudes!
it could be further improved on the mid's no doubt, but for the time being i am a happy asus customer :)

Marsulici
02-06-2015, 10:12 AM
The new driver is good and solves the problem we had.
Now it's just a mater of finding the right settings to have the desired sound.

I tried a few settings last night and got the sound to a good level for music / games / movies.
The only problem is that i still hear a buzz coming from the sub-woofer sometimes. A lot less than before, but it still happens sometimes.
So i'm guessing i have to tweak the settings a bit more.

My question is if anyone found the perfect mix of all the settings to have an overall decent audio output no matter the source.

At the moment i have it set to 40% sub-woofer, action mode in audio wizzard and loudness equalizer.

So i would be happy yo try out any suggestions you might have in search of the perfect sound.

Xehanort
02-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Holy s***, gotta try this out as soon as I get home :D

And make no confusion about the actual driver number, it's 7432. It's right here in the G751JY W8.1 64bit driver page: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G751JY&p=3&s=719

I guess I already made up my mind on how bad the audio is on this laptop, so I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what improvements can I expect from it as soon as I install it?

And how do I install it? Just run the setup, or uninstall previous driver first?

d0r1n
02-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Set up stereo

MOHATAMIR
02-06-2015, 11:55 AM
OMG!!! THE SOUND IS MUCH BETTER !!!!!!!! NOW ITS A REAL HOME THEATER!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MARCHAL R AND EVERYONE WHO HELPED TO MAKE THIS DRIVER POSSIBLE!!!!! sorry the caps im just happy :D :D
still there is a little bit of weird noise coming from the SUB WOOFER like dont know what is it called Distoring? i dont know :(
anyway Thank you so much ;D

Rares95
02-06-2015, 12:21 PM
It is supposed to look the same -_- . The difference is inside the drivers and in the Speaker's Configuration panel from Control>Panel. And the biggest difference is with the sound. You can't notice any changes ?

That i do indeed. Sorry i thought it's something more :D

wildtiger
02-06-2015, 12:23 PM
ASUS NEW DRIVER for sound ARE AMAZING!!!!
I did not have that much problem with speakers before , but after update .. It's really blow my mind!
Thank you dev's , I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Zezeri
02-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Nice, glad to hear it's fixed :-)
Seems like I can finally get this one now!

k8tdog
02-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Audio wizard is disabled for anything other than stereo configurations, is this normal?

NitroX
02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
The new driver is good and solves the problem we had.
Now it's just a mater of finding the right settings to have the desired sound.

I tried a few settings last night and got the sound to a good level for music / games / movies.
The only problem is that i still hear a buzz coming from the sub-woofer sometimes. A lot less than before, but it still happens sometimes.
So i'm guessing i have to tweak the settings a bit more.

My question is if anyone found the perfect mix of all the settings to have an overall decent audio output no matter the source.

At the moment i have it set to 40% sub-woofer, action mode in audio wizzard and loudness equalizer.

So i would be happy yo try out any suggestions you might have in search of the perfect sound.

I don't think there are settings that would go well for anything you throw at it. I have a stereo multimedia profile for the laptop speakers and a 5.1 profile for the external 5.1 speakers. The fact is that sound is a very subjective topic, and I for one, don't consider myself a true audiophil. I do like good sound but if you would ask me about what's going on with the mids/highs/lows there should be a damn noticeable difference in order to tell it :). Keep playing with the settings. There are lots of stuff that you can set with these new drivers+Audiowizard.

Holy s***, gotta try this out as soon as I get home :D

And make no confusion about the actual driver number, it's 7432. It's right here in the G751JY W8.1 64bit driver page: http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G751JY&p=3&s=719

I guess I already made up my mind on how bad the audio is on this laptop, so I was wondering if any of you guys could tell me what improvements can I expect from it as soon as I install it?

And how do I install it? Just run the setup, or uninstall previous driver first?

To install the drivers you should simply click on the setup and click on "Yes" every time it asks for a reboot. It should ask you twice to reboot your system. The first part of the process will uninstall the old drivers>>reboot then the 2nd part will continue with installing the new drivers>>reboot. Then the installation will be completed and you will have new drivers + AudioWizard.

Audio wizard is disabled for anything other than stereo configurations, is this normal?

Yes, that is perfectly normal. You can clearly see that the software sais that it doesn't work with 5.1/7.1 configurations. You still have the Realtek HD Audio manager to make some changes. I do prefer the "Living room"/:"Room" from Sound effects for movies on a 5.1 system. And also with a 5.1 system you have the Room Correction option which I do think it is very helpful.

The main conclusion is gentlemen, that we now have a damn good sound experience with this laptop with lots of settings which we can manipulate as we please. Thank you very much for the effort Marshall and many thanks to the developers ! This definitely made me feel better about this laptop.

toronto699
02-06-2015, 04:01 PM
v6.0.1.74xx is the official one, yes.

thank you MarshallR , although my G751-JY-DH72X did not have the sub issue , the new driver are an improvement in sound. Still wonder why my model did not have the issue , also I have Dolby on my G751 , a mod I found at station drivers.com

Xehanort
02-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Just installed it. It sounds great with 5.1 selected :D

I still hear some hissing though, like other people are saying, but I guess we just have to realize this laptop's audio is just not that great. I'm perfectly ok with what I have, and that's all that matters!

NitroX
02-06-2015, 07:31 PM
NitroX, everyone is only seeing version 7432, is your mention of testing 7437 a typo, or did you find a newer version somewhere else?

Update: NitroX confirmed it was a typo, driver is 7432 only.

It was a typo. I'm sorry if I've put anyone on a driver hunt because of this :p . I am running 7432 and these drivers are great. I listened to the laptop speakers all day long :D .

EDIT: Btw, how are u guys liking the 5.1 setting for the laptop speakers when on 5.1 the sound is still imbalanced and the subwoofer plays all frequencies ? Please someone try the 5.1 and tell me that it also happens to them and I'm not the only one with this issue.

On Stereo the laptop speakers are working just fine.

cip_bleah
02-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Yes NitroX, same here, the 5.1 setting has the subwoofer playing all frequencies. On 2.0 is ok, i see many people happy but unfortunately there is still buzzing(vibration of the case).. and with no one complaining anymore they will leave it like this.
Give us a way to change the cutoff frequency for the sub, or lower it until there is no buzzing, under 160 hz.

Cedricchua
02-07-2015, 05:06 AM
With the new driver, sound is more balanced however this comes with the expense of lower volume generally

Exostenza
02-07-2015, 06:25 AM
I guess there is no fix for the low quality of the speakers/subwoofer. My subwoofer still sounds like crap and buzzes while putting out very little bass. The speakers are tinny, distant and low power. Coming from the MSI Dominator this laptop has pathetic sound, although it is better than the dominator series in about every other way so I'll take it.

NitroX
02-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Yes NitroX, same here, the 5.1 setting has the subwoofer playing all frequencies. On 2.0 is ok, i see many people happy but unfortunately there is still buzzing(vibration of the case).. and with no one complaining anymore they will leave it like this.
Give us a way to change the cutoff frequency for the sub, or lower it until there is no buzzing, under 160 hz.

You should try to make some settings with the equalizers and/or from the control panel where you can set your internal subwoofer level a bit lower than 100%. The multimedia default with MaxxLeveler enabled is quite a good point to start from.

With the new driver, sound is more balanced however this comes with the expense of lower volume generally

That's not quite true. Using Stereo mode with MaxxLeveler enabled will give you a significant increase in sound volume.

joro_abv
02-07-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't have issues with vibrations or stuff, but the speakers are indeed tiny. NitroX is right, though - multimedia + leveler make the things bearable. I use the speakers only for Skype, so not really an issue for me anyway, I must say.
As of headphones - my entry level Seinnheiser's sound ok, although I think I hear a very, very low hissing when no sound is on. How about you, guys ?

Cedricchua
02-07-2015, 11:17 AM
You should try to make some settings with the equalizers and/or from the control panel where you can set your internal subwoofer level a bit lower than 100%. The multimedia default with MaxxLeveler enabled is quite a good point to start from.

That's not quite true. Using Stereo mode with MaxxLeveler enabled will give you a significant increase in sound volume.

Ic, it does make the volume louder.

Evil Hotdog
02-07-2015, 02:16 PM
I agree that in audiowizard multimedia plus maxleveler gives the better audio experience with the new driver. I only noticed the hissing with the new driver though.

FlamingDS
02-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Sup. I have a Asus ROG G751JY laptop and after installing the latest audio drivers Realtek Audio Driver Version V6.0.1.7432 from http://support.asus.com the sound is much better, but the section "Asus ROG Audio Wizard" near the Asus Splendid section from Asus Gaming Center has disappeared. Program (MaxxAudio Audio Wizard) has been reinstalled successfully with sound driver and makes a shortcut on the desktop. It runs without trouble.
Additionally there is installed Asus ROG Gamefirst III which does not appear in a section of Gaming Center too. Reinstalling the AGC does not fix it.
The problem has a cosmetic nature, but for comfort and convenience I would like to see the firmware on dashboard of AGC. Tell me please - is it possible?
Kind regards and sorry for bad english.

kobejumpin
02-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Speakers on default now sounds like my cheapo Logitech H340 headset which is way better than how it used to sound - imbalance and all.

Paco
02-09-2015, 07:30 PM

Later EDIT: Sorry for the typo! I wanted to write 7432 drivers instead of 7437. I've corrected after!

yeah - I have the same problem - audio wizard disappeared after I instaled the new drivers.

NitroX
02-09-2015, 08:56 PM
yeah - I have the same problem - audio wizard disappeared after I instaled the new drivers.

I have posted the reason in a later post :P. You have to follow the instructions of the setup just as they come, so firstly you click on the setup and when the setup asks to restart just press ok (this is the part were the setup uninstalls the old drivers). After the restart the setup will continue and it will ask you again for a restart after it finishes. Again you must click ok when it asks you (don't go for a later reboot). Now this was the part were the new driver has been installed on to your system. After the 2nd restart the AudioWizard will also pop-out on your desktop.

Enjoy the new drivers at their full capacity ! Without Audiowizard, the stereo mode for laptop speakers is quite poor.

Marsulici
02-10-2015, 08:38 AM
I downloaded the driver, installed it, restarted when prompted and all was fine.
I have the Audiowizard and all.

Although this driver is quite an improvement from the one the laptop came with, it still has some problems that bug me and i would like to know if there are any solutions :

1. there is still a problem with the LFE signal that goes to the sub-woofer : when i watch some videos ( especially tv series ) there is a lot of distortion from the sub-woofer as the audio is mostly high range frequencies. I'm guessing if only high range frequencies are played at a given time, it is also sent to the sub-woofer. If both high and low are played, the split is ok and speakers play high and sub-woofer plays low

2. i'm not sure how to use the digital output option. when i set it as default, there is no sound coming prom any of the ports in any combination. How does this work exactly ?

3. when i have an external source connected through HDMI, i don't get the option in the Realtek audio interface to adjust settings. Instead i have to go to windows playback devices and set it to default and calibrate it. This seems like a bug. On my old MSI i would see all output devices showing in the audio interface.

4. there is no option to play separate audio streams on internal speakers and headphones. This is weird, as with no audio driver installed, windows recognizes each part ( speakers , sub-woofer, headphones ) as a different playback device and i can play different streams on them ( eg skype through headphones and game sound through speakers ).

So i think there is still room for improvement. The question is if it will ever be done. Will we get updated drivers to address the above issues ? Or is it just me that consider them issues ?

Thank you.

Cedricchua
02-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Currently, I am using the latest driver .7432.
I have configured the Subwoofer level to be around 76 and Front to be around 35 while the rest remain as 100. I have found out that enabling MAXXLEVELER (in multimedia profile) would result in distortion coming from subwoofer at volume higher than 50.

Is this considered normal? Do you guys also experience this?

Paco
02-10-2015, 09:56 PM
I have posted the reason in a later post :P. You have to follow the instructions of the setup just as they come, so firstly you click on the setup and when the setup asks to restart just press ok (this is the part were the setup uninstalls the old drivers). After the restart the setup will continue and it will ask you again for a restart after it finishes. Again you must click ok when it asks you (don't go for a later reboot). Now this was the part were the new driver has been installed on to your system. After the 2nd restart the AudioWizard will also pop-out on your desktop.

Enjoy the new drivers at their full capacity ! Without Audiowizard, the stereo mode for laptop speakers is quite poor.

did everything like you said ...... and still no Audio Wizard.

hmscott
02-10-2015, 11:27 PM
did everything like you said ...... and still no Audio Wizard.

Paco, did you do a search for the MaxxAudio app?

If it doesn't show up in the tab within the Realtek HD Audio Manager, look for it as a shortcut on your desktop, or hunt it down in the folder it lives in: "C:\Program Files\Waves\MaxxAudio\MaxxAudioControl64.exe"

After you run it for the first time, see if it now shows up in the Realtek HD Audio Manager.

There was a problem with the MaxxAudio not being installed with some driver installs long ago (before the G751)...but if everyone else is seeing MaxxAudio with 7432 and you aren't, then I would reload your OS - F9 reset - and start again, something might have gotten messed up if you were installing/uninstalling lots of driver versions trying to get it to work leading up to the new 7432 driver.

Please come back and let us know what works for you :)

redtalisker
02-11-2015, 12:44 AM
Been playing with the settings as suggested and the sound is improved but there is still quite a lot of distortion as mentioned by other posters when MAXXLEVELER is switched on. Turn it off and volume is just far too quiet. It's not a deal breaker. I've got a good pair of headphones and an amplifier connected to the smart TV so I have ways round it but it's a little annoying. I'd quite often listen to the radio from my previous laptop. In fact the one previous to that too but this is definitely a couple of steps back in terms of audio. It's such a shame as everything else about this laptop in my eyes is perfect. Wondering now if I should look at some external speakers for the few times i might need them.

rmuniak
02-11-2015, 01:56 AM
I installed a new driver and i don't hear any difference at all. It's still sucks all ass. I haven't launched this **** for a two weeks and such a disapointment. I'm almost going to cry. Do you know how to install this drivers correctly? Maybe i did something wrong? But i doubt so. Asus good bye forever - cheap **** is better than this unfortunetaly...

x7007
02-11-2015, 03:03 AM
I downloaded the driver, installed it, restarted when prompted and all was fine.
I have the Audiowizard and all.

Although this driver is quite an improvement from the one the laptop came with, it still has some problems that bug me and i would like to know if there are any solutions :

1. there is still a problem with the LFE signal that goes to the sub-woofer : when i watch some videos ( especially tv series ) there is a lot of distortion from the sub-woofer as the audio is mostly high range frequencies. I'm guessing if only high range frequencies are played at a given time, it is also sent to the sub-woofer. If both high and low are played, the split is ok and speakers play high and sub-woofer plays low

2. i'm not sure how to use the digital output option. when i set it as default, there is no sound coming prom any of the ports in any combination. How does this work exactly ?

3. when i have an external source connected through HDMI, i don't get the option in the Realtek audio interface to adjust settings. Instead i have to go to windows playback devices and set it to default and calibrate it. This seems like a bug. On my old MSI i would see all output devices showing in the audio interface.

4. there is no option to play separate audio streams on internal speakers and headphones. This is weird, as with no audio driver installed, windows recognizes each part ( speakers , sub-woofer, headphones ) as a different playback device and i can play different streams on them ( eg skype through headphones and game sound through speakers ).

So i think there is still room for improvement. The question is if it will ever be done. Will we get updated drivers to address the above issues ? Or is it just me that consider them issues ?

Thank you.

Been playing with the settings as suggested and the sound is improved but there is still quite a lot of distortion as mentioned by other posters when MAXXLEVELER is switched on. Turn it off and volume is just far too quiet. It's not a deal breaker. I've got a good pair of headphones and an amplifier connected to the smart TV so I have ways round it but it's a little annoying. I'd quite often listen to the radio from my previous laptop. In fact the one previous to that too but this is definitely a couple of steps back in terms of audio. It's such a shame as everything else about this laptop in my eyes is perfect. Wondering now if I should look at some external speakers for the few times i might need them.

Same, is there any fix to the distortion ? is it a setting we need to disable ? is it the bass volume we need to lower cause it vibrate the whole computer ? please check it asus.

rmuniak
02-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Heh, yesterday i was quite drunk if i couldn't install the driver.

Today i installed it and tested. What i can notice is that the volume now is much LOUDER. Higher tones are much clearer, although i get worse bass than before. It is there but is really thin. Any thoughts? Maybe that is just the way this speakers sounds and i got too big expectations.

Unfortunately disortions are still there... Asus can this be fixed? I get pretty nervous when fantastic sound of Mogwai or Sigur Ros is being wasted by disortions and unexpected cracking.

simplyaz
02-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Just did the driver update. The sound is much balanced now! Great job Asus!

Although it is true that audio icon in the Asus Game Center disappered after the update, and it seems there is no difference in war room mode and multimedia mode, at least the speakers are much better now.

The distortion people mentioned I haven't really noticed. In fact, I don't really know what is distortion in audiophile term. I do noticed that the laptop shakes quite a bit when any music is being played at decent volume. I have never owned a laptop with a subwoofer so I don't know if this is normal or not. If not normal, please fix this issue since it is indeed uncomfortable while typing for some time on it while the laptop is shaking like that.
The maxxvolume setting is plenty loud for me already. I don't feel the need to turn on the maxxleveler.

Thx again Asus for the hard work! Hope you guys elaborate the sound furthermore and fix the shaking in the near future!

iconic
02-13-2015, 02:03 AM
Has anyone figured out the most optimal settings for minimizing the distortion buzzing sounds? I didn't even notice it at first but once you do, it's very annoying.

viper3000
02-13-2015, 07:29 AM
My speakers is ok. I have uninstalled old audio driver and installed new driver v7432. My gamecenter is ok,my audiowizard is ok, when i am watchink film (Fast and furious) my sound is ok. Which the serial watch on tv of when you hear bad sound? Sorry for my bad english it isn't my language.

t3nch0
02-13-2015, 08:11 AM
Man, I feel like the new driver did help a bit, but it's still crap. There is still tons of distortion and cracking still there. I hope Asus keeps working on a good solid driver and not just bust this one out and leave it at that. At this point I don't know whether to keep my g751 or send it back and get one of the new Alienwares.

Maelstrom88
02-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Have some major issues with updating this driver for me. Own the G751JM and have just updated to the latest driver, but now I have absolutely no sound at all. I cannot even see the Realtek High Definition Audio in device manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maelstrom88
02-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Managed to return laptop to pre-driver update state through System Recovery, however still got rubbish sound. Any thoughts on what went wrong please say, I removed ALL AV/HIPS/Firewalls prior to updating and still didn't work.

Boaz Beatz
02-15-2015, 05:07 PM
There are 2 drivers 7427 and 7434 and in here it says that the lteat one is the 7427

2menijulia
02-15-2015, 06:30 PM
ok..i am on 7432 audio driver.. which one would we prioritize? the REALTEK AUDIO SOFTWARE or that of MAXX(ASUS) AUDIO Software?

just as a base on checking the good settings on my ear

thanks ASUS for the update :D

Jeracan
02-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Thank God I found this post. I installed the new audio driver (latest one) and sometimes when I play game I hear this "crackling" sound every now and
then. Not during spotify, but game-sounds etc. Also noticed if you re-install the drivers, it helps for a while, but eventually it comes back.

Is my soundcard broken, or is this a driver issue that will be fixed one day?

toronto699
02-16-2015, 02:28 AM
Thank God I found this post. I installed the new audio driver (latest one) and sometimes when I play game I hear this "crackling" sound every now and
then. Not during spotify, but game-sounds etc. Also noticed if you re-install the drivers, it helps for a while, but eventually it comes back.

driver issue

crudetrader
02-16-2015, 04:28 AM
I found lowering the volume of the front speakers to 35% helped greatly with the sound providing a more balanced sound.

1) Right click on your taskbar sound icon.
2) click on 'Playback devices'
3) Click on 'Speakers'
4) Click on the 'Properties' button
5) click on the 'Levels' tab
6) Slide the 'Front' slider to a level you think sounds better i.e. 35
7) Click Ok or Apply
8) See my previous post for caveats What are you setting the bandwith to ?? to tell the truth i had more volume output with the older driver,, this new one gives me some bass,, maybe thats the diff, old one without bass allowed for more output,, this thing is not loud though at all

Would be nice if they had different levels for internal front and front like they do for the sub...

What are you setting the bandwith to ?? to tell the truth i had more volume output with the older driver,, this new one gives me some bass,, maybe thats the diff, old one without bass allowed for more output,, this thing is not loud though at all

NitroX
02-16-2015, 10:45 AM

The weird noise has come into my attention too. I didn't notice it by now but I've listened more carefully and it definitely is something wrong from these new drivers. I hope they won't leave us like this and they will fix this issue with a future update.

Cedricchua
02-17-2015, 03:50 AM
What are you setting the bandwith to ?? to tell the truth i had more volume output with the older driver,, this new one gives me some bass,, maybe thats the diff, old one without bass allowed for more output,, this thing is not loud though at all

You can try enabling MAXXLEVELER for higher volume output.

crudetrader
02-17-2015, 04:10 AM
thanks , already there, both buttons enabled still is much less loud,,,, with them off its verrry low vol, the frequency setting as i more accurately should have asked is in mghz and there are many choices, i thought that might make a difference

t3nch0
02-17-2015, 08:14 AM
Can we please get another driver that fixes the crackling and distortion, and balances the sound a little bit more? Also a fix for the problem where if you open a media that has some sort of sound the speaker will pop when it opens and when it closes.

ghostface1
02-17-2015, 05:00 PM
anyone know how to fix the bass? it sounds tiny on speakers and even when i plug my headphones in. i really hate realtek audio drivers its terrible for music

x7007
02-18-2015, 02:14 AM
Asus , are you still going to fix the distortion issues we have?

xeromist
02-18-2015, 05:28 AM
Asus , are you still going to fix the distortion issues we have?

We won't hear anything further for at least a week due to New Year break. Most everyone at ASUS is off for the next week.

Grantman
02-22-2015, 02:27 AM
Just bought a g751jt yesterday and updated audio drivers from the get go. All good except the sound is a big step down from my last middling 8 year old laptop I had (mid range hp dv5t - although 'boasted' Altec Lansing speakers using Realtek chip).

The g751 speakers produce a small crackle every now and then. From experience with my HP this is caused by the power management facility. The HP allowed the Realtek power management to be disabled, fixing the problem. I cannot find this option on the g751.

Not a dealbreaker by any stretch, but a bit silly to have this problem on a flagship laptop.

*edit - as an fyi. I've found the best quick adjustments to getting decent audio is to use headphones and set Realtek hd audio manager (in control panel) to 'rock' equalisation. Next open the Maxxaudio wizard and choose multimedia option. Open the foldout options and make sure Max has recognised headphones are being used instead of speaker.

hmscott
02-22-2015, 05:58 AM
Just bought a g751jt yesterday and updated audio drivers from the get go. All good except the sound is a big step down from my last middling 8 year old laptop I had (mid range hp dv5t - although 'boasted' Altec Lansing speakers using Realtek chip).

The g751 speakers produce a small crackle every now and then. From experience with my HP this is caused by the power management facility. The HP allowed the Realtek power management to be disabled, fixing the problem. I cannot find this option on the g751.

Not a dealbreaker by any stretch, but a bit silly to have this problem on a flagship laptop.

*edit - as an fyi. I've found the best quick adjustments to getting decent audio is to use headphones and set Realtek hd audio manager (in control panel) to 'rock' equalisation. Next open the Maxxaudio wizard and choose multimedia option. Open the foldout options and make sure Max has recognised headphones are being used instead of speaker.

Grantman, the Realtek power save crackle is fixed with a registry edit on laptops that don't come with a UI to manage it. There is a post on notebookreview.com that has been the goto place to send people for years, but the image went away, but the text is enough, I will add an image below to my settings (G750JH) for reference.

Fix for Realtek sound popping and/or high pitched tone/squeal
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/fix-for-realtek-sound-popping-and-or-high-pitched-tone-squeal.587521/#post7617517

Here is the info, in case the post goes away:

"This can be configured in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\RAVCpl64\PowerM gnt.

The settings there are as follows:
DelayTime - time in seconds of inactivity which triggers powering down the sound chipset. Default is 10.
Enabled - enables the power management. Default is 0. Set to 1 to disable and always prevent these noises.
OnlyBattery - If power management is enabled, setting this to 1 will disable power management when the laptop is plugged in. The popping noises will only be heard when the laptop is on battery power, but this helps conserve power so the battery lasts longer."

Here is how I have my G750JH set right now, I also set the Delay and OnlyBattery as precaution should the driver sense of "Enabled" be changed; at one point long ago this was all in flux, but it hasn't changed since.

I have no crackling/clicking/popping, at idle or opening/closing audio - it is inaudible if present.

Hopefully setting and rebooting will stop what you are hearing... Please come back and let us know if that works. :)

Grantman
02-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the tips Scott. Interestingly my 'enabled' setting was set to 1 by default.

'Delay time' was 10 and 'Only battery' was 0.

I tried your settings and still hear the crackle. I tried several other combinations but no joy.

Basically there is a brief, small crackle before and after a sound is played. Using the sound slider on windows taskbar is the easiest way to hear it. There is a small pop before the windows 'ding' plays, and again a small crackle when the 'ding' expires. The delay has no affect as it can be played a couple of times within 10 seconds and still crackle before and after.

hmscott
02-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the tips Scott. Interestingly my 'enabled' setting was set to 1 by default.
'Delay time' was 10 and 'Only battery' was 0.
I tried your settings and still hear the crackle. I tried several other combinations but no joy.
Basically there is a brief, small crackle before and after a sound is played. Using the sound slider on windows taskbar is the easiest way to hear it. There is a small pop before the windows 'ding' plays, and again a small crackle when the 'ding' expires. The delay has no affect as it can be played a couple of times within 10 seconds and still crackle before and after.

Grantman, ah, that's a different "crackle" :)

And, FYI, the default setting in new Realtek drivers (for more than a year) defaults to Disabling Power Save on AC power, as you found.

The power save setting won't affect it. I don't have it on any G750's - I can hear the audio open/close when running the audio test, but it doesn't have a click/crackle to it.

G751 owners recently started reporting it - not sure if it is the .7432 Realtek Fix for the G751 unbalanced sound, and if that problem was introduced with that version, but I would report it to Asus via a Technical Inquiry / Feedback form, and PM MarshallR@ASUS as Marshall has been running point on the Realtek audio driver problems with the G751.

I posted a suggestion to try adjusting the source volume vs the amplifier volume - speaker/headphone systray system volume. Try turning down the system volume as low as you can, I run mine below 25% and put the source app output level up at 95%-100%, and see if that reduces the sharpness of the pop/crackle. The test sound opens and closes the audio quickly, it sounds annoying to me even without the pop/crackle.

Jarinha posted a video with the audio, and I could hear it, but it wasn't sharp or overly loud - maybe in person it is more evident.

G751 Weird sound before anything plays
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57000-G751-Weird-sound-before-anything-plays&p=470597&viewfull=1#post470597

Again, let MarshallR@Asus know via PM, and file Technical Inquiry and Feedback mentioning you are on the new G751 Fix driver 7432, and you are now hearing an objectionable sound when the audio output is opened/closed, they need to work a fix for that into the next release. Attach a sound file recording the sound coming out of the speakers / headphones as a zipfile to the response to Asus.

Please post responses from Asus here :)

rogdood
02-22-2015, 01:25 PM
I uninstalled the previous driver, installed the newest one and still get popping every once in a while during games/movies.
So I've followed the link in hmscott's post... it seemed ok for a while.

However, after paying closer attention, the popping/cracking is back :(

hmscott
02-22-2015, 08:52 PM
I uninstalled the previous driver, installed the newest one and still get popping every once in a while during games/movies.
So I've followed the link in hmscott's post... it seemed ok for a while.
However, after paying closer attention, the popping/cracking is back :(

rogdood. thanks for the feedback :)

The level/volume tweaking is to mitigate the problem, not cure it completely. The rush of current to turn on the amp and turn off the amp will always be there, but reducing the amps level/volume will hopefully reduce it to a less objectionable level.

The first time I got into audiophile separate components I ran into the same problem. I left the volume up on the preamp, and turning everything on caused a loud "thump". The mitigation was to turn down the preamp volume before powering on the amp; the thump was still there, but it was far less jarring :)

IDK if a drive update will completely remove the presence of opening/closing the audio on the G751, but turning down the level/volume on the amp will hopefully make it liveable :)

crudetrader
02-23-2015, 02:12 AM
okay, ive been screwing around with this driver for a while now, yes better seperation , yes i can hear bass now, but the volume is so rediculously low this truly SUCKS! anybody want to buy a 751 jt??? im not kidhding, this company sucks the blanc out of my blanc,,, only asus HOME of customer lack of service would produce a piece of .... like this any body ever try talking to their so called customer support? its like a bad episode of snl

Grantman
02-23-2015, 04:00 AM
Grantman, ah, that's a different "crackle" :)

And, FYI, the default setting in new Realtek drivers (for more than a year) defaults to Disabling Power Save on AC power, as you found.

The power save setting won't affect it. I don't have it on any G750's - I can hear the audio open/close when running the audio test, but it doesn't have a click/crackle to it.

G751 owners recently started reporting it - not sure if it is the .7432 Realtek Fix for the G751 unbalanced sound, and if that problem was introduced with that version, but I would report it to Asus via a Technical Inquiry / Feedback form, and PM MarshallR@ASUS as Marshall has been running point on the Realtek audio driver problems with the G751.

I posted a suggestion to try adjusting the source volume vs the amplifier volume - speaker/headphone systray system volume. Try turning down the system volume as low as you can, I run mine below 25% and put the source app output level up at 95%-100%, and see if that reduces the sharpness of the pop/crackle. The test sound opens and closes the audio quickly, it sounds annoying to me even without the pop/crackle.

Jarinha posted a video with the audio, and I could hear it, but it wasn't sharp or overly loud - maybe in person it is more evident.

G751 Weird sound before anything plays
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?57000-G751-Weird-sound-before-anything-plays&p=470597&viewfull=1#post470597

Again, let MarshallR@Asus know via PM, and file Technical Inquiry and Feedback mentioning you are on the new G751 Fix driver 7432, and you are now hearing an objectionable sound when the audio output is opened/closed, they need to work a fix for that into the next release. Attach a sound file recording the sound coming out of the speakers / headphones as a zipfile to the response to Asus.

Please post responses from Asus here :)

Yes, that's exactly the crackle I've got. It's not loud, but irritating!

Even when not playing sound, the speakers will make a small crackle now and then.

Will open up a support query with asus.

Grantman
02-23-2015, 04:55 AM
Argh, I can't file a technical support query because I get the message "cannot be empty" yet all the fields are full. Tried multiple times both with IE and chrome.

hmscott
02-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Argh, I can't file a technical support query because I get the message "cannot be empty" yet all the fields are full. Tried multiple times both with IE and chrome.

Grantman, could be a new glitch, try working through it with a PM to cl-albert - not sure if they are still on new year holiday...

You could try tabbing through the blanks again... don't fill them in, just tab through to find them all...

Grantman
02-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Grantman, could be a new glitch, try working through it with a PM to cl-albert - not sure if they are still on new year holiday...

You could try tabbing through the blanks again... don't fill them in, just tab through to find them all...

Have now registered the issue along with another issue I've noticed - blank screens when resuming from standby.

The problem I believe with the "cannot be empty" error was due to not supplying a first and last name upon initial registration. When completing the support query form it pulls your name and email address from your initial registration and does not allow you to enter information into those fields on the support form itself. Once the details are updated in the user account it can pull through the details into the form.

illuminationsrig
03-05-2015, 04:53 AM
I just stumbled across this driver fix and applied it to my G751JT and it works just fine. The sound is better, and i can hear the bass better now.

simplyaz
03-05-2015, 08:55 PM
Grantman, the Realtek power save crackle is fixed with a registry edit on laptops that don't come with a UI to manage it. There is a post on notebookreview.com that has been the goto place to send people for years, but the image went away, but the text is enough, I will add an image below to my settings (G750JH) for reference.

Fix for Realtek sound popping and/or high pitched tone/squeal
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/fix-for-realtek-sound-popping-and-or-high-pitched-tone-squeal.587521/#post7617517

Here is the info, in case the post goes away:

"This can be configured in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\RAVCpl64\PowerM gnt.

The settings there are as follows:
DelayTime - time in seconds of inactivity which triggers powering down the sound chipset. Default is 10.
Enabled - enables the power management. Default is 0. Set to 1 to disable and always prevent these noises.
OnlyBattery - If power management is enabled, setting this to 1 will disable power management when the laptop is plugged in. The popping noises will only be heard when the laptop is on battery power, but this helps conserve power so the battery lasts longer."

Here is how I have my G750JH set right now, I also set the Delay and OnlyBattery as precaution should the driver sense of "Enabled" be changed; at one point long ago this was all in flux, but it hasn't changed since.

I have no crackling/clicking/popping, at idle or opening/closing audio - it is inaudible if present.

Hopefully setting and rebooting will stop what you are hearing... Please come back and let us know if that works. :)

Perfect!! I think after I set the value exactly like yours, the cracking noise has almost vanished!! In some frequency it still can be heard tho, but much better. Thanks alot!

iconic
03-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Is anyone else having issues with flash after the update? When playing a youtube video, sound will just intermittently cut-out. I can only get it back by using the seek bar and that doesn't even always work.

Local files will play just fine while the sound in flash is still muted.

Cedricchua
03-09-2015, 05:11 AM
Is anyone else having issues with flash after the update? When playing a youtube video, sound will just intermittently cut-out. I can only get it back by using the seek bar and that doesn't even always work.

Local files will play just fine while the sound in flash is still muted.

I did not encounter this issue after the update. Which browser are you using? Try updating your flash player?

iconic
03-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Firefox with an updated flash.

Chong Tze Ming
03-14-2015, 05:29 AM
There is audio wizard apps after apply the new audio driver. for my Asus G751JT,i still feel the subwoofer has distorted sound. I am thinking should i bring to service center for checking.

hmscott
03-14-2015, 02:36 PM
There is audio wizard apps after apply the new audio driver. for my Asus G751JT,i still feel the subwoofer has distorted sound. I am thinking should i bring to service center for checking.

Chong Tze Ming, *all* the G751/G750's have distorted subwoofer sound with the default Windows/Maxx Audio settings. Sucks, but true :)

The default Windows Sound setting for the Subwoofer level is 100% which over drives the Subwoofer.

The fix is easy, drop the level down to 50% to start, that should get rid of the vibrations/distortion, then increase that level up until the distortion comes back, and drop the level down a little again.

For me most everything is ok at 65%, but I can run at 70% on others.

You can also drop the 250hz level on MaxxAudio for some vibrations.

Here is how I have mine settings set for my G750JH:

Please let us know what works for you :)

_ATOM
03-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Hello,
I'm now testing the 7432 drivers. This works very well. The sound is very nice.
Thank you to all who have contributed to advancing the solution since the first discuss about "Imbalanced G751 Sound Problem" (.http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREAD-(thread-closed)/page27)
greetings,
_ATOM

Akik82
03-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Hi ! Since a few days I can hear the Windows sound like a pop-up appears but nothing on screen. It's spamming this sound. Any idea to solve this ? I have actually driver 7432. Thanks.

hmscott
03-20-2015, 02:29 AM
Hi ! Since a few days I can hear the Windows sound like a pop-up appears but nothing on screen. It's spamming this sound. Any idea to solve this ? I have actually driver 7432. Thanks.

Akik82, you could turn off Windows Sounds, to stop whatever alert that is...

Also, there is a newer Realtek driver available, might be worth a try: .7443

Akik82
03-20-2015, 02:44 AM
Thanks, I'm downloading them. Is there any possibility that this sound is from D3DOverrider ? The "Mute Sound Indication" button is ON.

hmscott
03-20-2015, 03:06 AM
Thanks, I'm downloading them. Is there any possibility that this sound is from D3DOverrider ? The "Mute Sound Indication" button is ON.

Akik82, I don't use D3DO, so not familiar. But disabling all Windows System sounds is a good start, if you have it on you can get alerts from lots of unexpected places.

You can also affect specific sources via the Systray Sound Icon - Sound Mixer, and control each individually - it can also help identify apps with sound output open:

When a new app opens a sound output, it shows up in the mixer:

Akik82
03-20-2015, 03:17 AM
Akik82, I don't use D3DO, so not familiar. But disabling all Windows System sounds is a good start, if you have it on you can get alerts from lots of unexpected places.

You can also affect specific sources via the Systray Sound Icon - Sound Mixer, and control each individually - it can also help identify apps with sound output open:

OK ! Thanks for your help. I'll notify you if it solves my problem.

dav.simonyan
03-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Hi, I just now notice that my Asus G751JM play sounds only throw subwoofer. I have checked support page(http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JM/HelpDesk_Download/) and there're only versions V6.0.1.7272(which was installed earlier) and V6.0.1.7368, which I installed just now but issue still exists. Will the drivers from http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30 work for JM model? I see there latest

Version V6.0.1.7443
Description Realtek Audio Driver
File Size
200,38 (MBytes) 2015.03.16 update

x7007
03-23-2015, 11:07 PM
Where do u see 7443 ? can't find it

hmscott
03-23-2015, 11:21 PM
Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek 7443 - current confirmed to work on G751/G750, some G750 users say 7335 works best for them, if you find a newer release version that works, please let us all know which version and G750/G751 model it works on.

That support section comes up as Windows 7, hit the pull down OS menu and select Windows 8.1 x64 to see the latest version(s)

x7007
03-23-2015, 11:24 PM
Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek 7443 - current confirmed to work on G751/G750, some G750 users say 7335 works best for them, if you find a newer release version that works, please let us all know which version and G750/G751 model it works on.

That support section comes up as Windows 7, hit the pull down OS menu and select Windows 8.1 x64 to see the latest version(s)

haaa needed to select windows 8.1, lol

what about

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/31399-realtek-hd-audio-6017468-released/
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/31393-realtek-hd-audio-v6017466/

Rammstein874
03-23-2015, 11:41 PM
Just got a G751J and I have been working on updating all drivers for this laptop but ASUS site is real bad with drivers...when you spend 1500$ i would hope to see better software for these laptops and even desktops/Parts. There "Live Update" Software is a joke....

Anyways i just installed the newest Realtek driver 7443 but now within the Audio Wizard all settings in the equalizer are the same...

I am trying to just find an all around good level for everything...i don't need to keep changing it all the time.

Just need it good for music/games...

kingjezdi
03-24-2015, 05:52 PM
haaa needed to select windows 8.1, lol

what about

from Version V6.0.1.7459 --> 24.03.2015

and u post V6.0.1.7468 -->16.03.2015

u have newest update with older date
there ar 2 differences update, or same ???

Akik82
03-24-2015, 06:55 PM

hmscott, I did a lot of tests and when I heard this notification sound spamming I clicked to display these menus that you showed me. No app was in this. Only Speakers, System Sounds and Chrome. This sound appears when I'm moving the mouse everywhere in the screen. Strange...

Death12312
03-25-2015, 12:00 AM
How does 7459 work? (just came out today)

Death12312
03-25-2015, 12:16 AM
http://puu.sh/gOm2F/b5f3c0be6b.png
http://puu.sh/gOm7g/36083d8460.png
http://puu.sh/gOmcV/2195201d86.png

For some reason even though I have it set to stereo, it says I have rear channels. I'm guessing this is why maxxaudio is whited out.

How do I fix this? Also, is 65% sub/100% front okay?

x7007
03-25-2015, 01:51 AM
Will test the 7459

x7007
03-25-2015, 01:55 AM
Just got a G751J and I have been working on updating all drivers for this laptop but ASUS site is real bad with drivers...when you spend 1500$ i would hope to see better software for these laptops and even desktops/Parts. There "Live Update" Software is a joke....

Anyways i just installed the newest Realtek driver 7443 but now within the Audio Wizard all settings in the equalizer are the same...

I am trying to just find an all around good level for everything...i don't need to keep changing it all the time.

Try to use Action with MaxxAudio Bass to 0 + Treble to 50% + MaxVolume ON and try Maxxleveler ON / OFF.

I find it to best for gaming and movies, Multimedia is lacking bass too much and there is no effect, like Action is Dolby with all the right effects. Multimedia is for very basic sound, not gaming,movies or anything that called Gaming

Death12312
03-25-2015, 02:25 AM
Try to use Action with MaxxAudio Bass to 0 + Treble to 50% + MaxVolume ON and try Maxxleveler ON / OFF.

I find it to best for gaming and movies, Multimedia is lacking bass too much and there is no effect, like Action is Dolby with all the right effects. Multimedia is for very basic sound, not gaming,movies or anything that called Gaming

How do you even open MaxxAudio?

Edit by cl-Albert: fyi. For anybody that's interested in this check the new thread by Death12312 about it below.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59438-Where-to-find-MaxxAudio-settings

kingjezdi
03-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7468

Newest driver from latest branch

DriverVer=03/16/2015, 6.0.1.7468

hmscott
03-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.7468
Newest driver from latest branch
DriverVer=03/16/2015, 6.0.1.7468

kingjezdi, thanks for the heads up :)

When you find a new release it helps to also post a link or two on where to find it, and if you installed it and tried it out to make sure it helps/works, and what model you installed. That way we know what to do with the information.

Asus also posted a new Realtek HD Audio driver Version V6.0.1.7459 2015.03.24

I haven't tried it yet, I only looked for a new upload at Asus. as you said there was a new version available. There is no .7468 version yet at Asus support that I could find.

kingjezdi
03-25-2015, 11:04 PM
yea sorry i guess...

and

but i havnt tried it ! I dont know it is for G751 or not >.<

:)

hmscott
03-25-2015, 11:14 PM

and

but i havnt tried it ! I dont know it is for G751 or not >.<

:)

kingjezdi, thanks! :)

FYI, after a point all Realtek updates should be usable on all G750/G751's, there might be buggy releases, but trying them is fine.

After the G750 Realtek bug was fixed - it was a bad one, all Realtek drivers after the initial production release of the G750 broke audio - and that wasn't fixed for 8 months - there was a derived workaround that we could use, but like the G751 Realtek driver issue, after the fixed driver was released all subsequent Realtek driver versions have worked fine on the G750 :)

If you don't mind installing something that you might quickly uninstall, I wouldn't worry about trying new drivers - I would suggest using the Asus hosted drivers first as that is what Asus support will expect if you pose questions to them.

Using laptop2go, guru3d, Station-drivers or other hosted drivers is another level of uncertainty and I try to avoid it unless I only have a non-functional alternative from the OEM of my device.

Please let us know what you try and which works best for you :)

Mousepad
03-25-2015, 11:56 PM
I would agree with Scott on not trying out drivers from other sites. I actually found that laptop2go site as well and tried newer drivers only to have it install SRS audio control panel and then my Realtek Audio Manager stopped opening. Even after uninstalling/reinstalling other ones the SRS stayed in my control panel and no version of Realtek audio manager would open when clicked on. Had to reformat. But hey at least I found out that the sound crackling is still there after a reformat, so that was fun! I wasted a good day reformatting/reinstalling everything. We all want fixes ASAP for our sound issues but it seems that we might also be giving ourselves more headaches than it is worth by trying to do the work ourselves instead of letting the people responsible for it come up with fixes.

diogogmaio
03-27-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm a new user and after installing the driver 7432 i don't like the sound or i didn't understand it...is this the best driver? there is another?
CAn someone share the link?

Also, what are the best options? First, I choose stereo and only the 5.1 when connected to 5.1 speaker set. is this fine?
When I choose stereo what are the best values for standard / correct sound experience? What are your standard values for subwoofer, internal sub, front, rear, center...please help me. I just want to game / movies /series mainly. I have a great headset but i want to adjust the laptop speakers first.

Only after setting the best opinions from you i will move to maxx audio settings and then i need your help again

kingjezdi
03-27-2015, 12:58 PM
here is the newest Update from 24.03.2015

select first Windows 8.1 64 bit

it works!

fidelity101
03-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Why don't they list it in the correct location? Has anyone tried those drivers on the G751JY?

http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

hmscott
03-28-2015, 01:39 AM
here is the newest Update from 24.03.2015

select first Windows 8.1 64 bit

it works!

kingjezdi, that would be the Version V6.0.1.7459 ?

Version numbers are easier to share than upload dates, since the upload date may change, and be different when placed by Asus into the G751 support areas.

The last 4 digits are enough to differentiate Realtek driver versions, like .7459, until the V6.0.1. part changes, eventually.

fidelity101, Asus is bad about updating product support areas for anything except very new products. We need to track new products, or these central areas for new releases.

I post a long list of these places to look for new drivers from time to time, that is the entry for the Realtek drivers.

As new products that use the same component hardware ship, those places are added, like the new G501 support area, it has several new drivers not available elsewhere.

I have recently updated the previously posted lists, you can do a forum search for:

Notebook Bluetooth Drivers

Here is an example that is also a sticky:

Asus G751 Support / Download areas
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55572-Asus-G751-Support-Download-areas&p=473863&viewfull=1#post473863

And that will result in a list with the threads I have posted the list.

cip_bleah
03-28-2015, 11:52 AM
It is sad that until now the best drivers are still the windows drivers, the one with 2 separate sound cards. No cracking..and the sub can play without buzzing when set up correctly, even at maximum. Maxxaudio is not even working as it should, it is missing the speaker size selection.
Any setting (action,multimedia..etc) is just there to mess with the sound..not make it better.
Lowering the 250hz setting in eq is good because the sub is vibrating at that frequency, but that should be handled by the sub crossover, and all the buzzing would disappear.

n0way
03-29-2015, 12:21 AM
Hello!

I could really, like REALLY appreciate some advice and feedback. Very long story as short as possible:

I did buy a G751-JY a couple of months ago, heard the thing play music and returned it. It would make a crackling (?) sound on low frequencies (I thought it to be around 200) on anything above like 30% of volume output. After I've returned it I checked the ROG forums and I realized that there was plenty of people reporting and describing issues similar to mine. Time passed, ASUS released a driver that apparently fixed everything and I have decided I will buy it again. Only, my girlfriend bought one first and it arrived today.

Exact same problem, exactly the same crackling noises on low freq. Know no fear though, drivers are here. Problem is, they do not solve anything. There is either little or no improvement at all, and I did everything in my power to make sure that it is not my fault.

I did re-check and reinstall drivers twice. I modified volume levels. I have checked is the sub playing high freq. sounds and no, it doesn't seem so. I did pin-point which frequency is causing most of the issue (500 range) and did my best to work around it. You name it. I even uninstalled Realtek's miracle and checked how the damn thing sounds when commanded by Windows drivers - didn't help much or I didn't know how to configure it properly. Agonizing pleas of torn paper still present.

Because I guess that some of you would appreciate if I was to be more specific, below I am linking 2 short recordings made with my phone (apologies for the quality and orientation, it's really late and I have work in the morning). It's the same song played on the G751-JY and on an old DELL Inspiron 17R SE. Same volume levels as well, both machines set to 80%.

track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v4kaE_XbR8
ASUS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgVNZwsvzd4&feature=youtu.be
DELL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_v-i5WyrwA&feature=youtu.be

Drivers and settings:
http://imgur.com/LkAcD0K
http://imgur.com/U1yJ3pe

(I have also tried many different combinations of volume levels and equalizer settings, including cutting out the 500 hertz range entirely but it made everything sound way too off to tolerate, MAXLEVELER on and off etc.).

.. and now, tell me, because I am starting to think that I might be actually crazy and this is how the "fixed" version is supposed to sound? Or maybe it is a unit with a hardware defect, slightly blown speaker? Honestly, no idea what to think anymore. Should we RMA again? :rolleyes:

Please advise!

Regards,
n

hmscott
03-29-2015, 02:20 AM
n0way, congrats on the persistence :)

I think a little more tuning might get you there. G750 and G751 have the same basic components and same subwoofer overdriven distortion problems out of the box - the subwoofer level is set too high. The G750 also had bad Realtek drivers for 8 months after release, and even after Realtek started coming out with "fixed" drivers, there are sound anomalies.

First, you gave a lot of good details, but didn't mention which Realtek driver version you loaded. The first fixed version was V6.0.1.7427 and then .7432 showed up soon after. Now we are up to version .7459

Notebook Audio drivers - Realtek Version V6.0.1.7459 - current confirmed to work on G751/G750, if you find a newer release version that works, please post the version number, URL, and G750/G751 model it works on.

The 500hz slider on the equalizer is a bit high and out of the range of the subwoofer, so you might try the 250 slider as that seems to greatly reduce the distortion in the subwoofer when overdriven to distortion. On some material reducing some of the lower sliders can help too, or reduce the dedicated Level for the Subwoofer

The other level to tune for the subwoofer is the dedicated slider for the subwoofer found in the Sound Control Panel => Playback => right click on Speakers select Properties => Select Levels tab in Sound Properties Dialog => Subwoofer => I start at 50% and go up from there depending on the material. Leaving it at 60-65% works on most material but I still get a growl once in a while :)

Some have gone so far s to open up the laptop to make sure the Sub is mounted well and have packed deadening material around it. I doubt you need to go that far, and if you think you do then return it or RMA it for repair.

On some material, even on my G750JH - I notice predominant Right side speaker overpowering the left - and if I use the Balance button in the same Levels tab for the Main Sound level and slide the Right Balance level all the way to 0 it now sounds correct level right to left - but if I plug in headphones on the same material I need to put the Right Level all the way back up otherwise the Right earpiece is dead.

If you want better sound, get wireless headphones, wired headphones, external speakers, or take the TOSLINK output from the headphone jack and feed a receiver..

Just like most TV's, you will not get the best sound from a laptop - the space just isn't conducive to wonderful sound production :)

n0way
03-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Hi hmscott, thanks for appreciating my efforts.

I did provide info regarding loaded drivers, its in the attached screenshots. I also did everything you're suggesting but the horrible crackling as in the video footage doesn't want to go away.
I guess what I am really looking forward to is for someone who owns the G751jy and who did notice an improvement with the new drivers to spare a minute, look at provided footage and song I've used for testing purposes and tell me - is something wrong with my girlfriend's unit or does it sound bad for them as well due to a low quality sub and I'm trying to move a mountain here.

Also, if someone with a G751jy manages to play the beginning of linked song without any noticable distortion sharing audio settings would be much, much appreciated. Please? Anybody?

PS. And yeah, I know its a laptop but my old Dell 17R SE which costed half the money plays the exact same track on the exact same volume without any issues (again, as shown in the linked video). A 5 year old ROG has no problems as well.

cip_bleah
03-29-2015, 11:38 AM
n0way, you should stop trying realtek drivers. This is not for everyone.
Try the windows drivers together with virtual audio cable http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm , but it is a paid app.
I will not get into much details because it is a little harder than just installing drivers and nobody wants to try this. You have 2 sound cards with the windows drivers, and need to play audio at the same time through both, this is why you need virtual audio cable.
You only need to set up the subwoofer output to play mostly bass.
Make sure in playback devices witch one is the sub and rename it, then in properties, enhancements select bass boost, 100Hz, 24dB.
You will lose some things from drivers (like headphone out) but if sound quality is what you need try it. It works in games and all but VAC needs to be started every time windows starts. Set Line 1(VAC) as default audio device and use audio repeater (MME) from vac in 2 instances to send audio to speakers and sub, set total buffer to 50ms to avoid desync.
I hope somebody will at least try this to see the difference.

n0way
03-29-2015, 11:55 AM
I would be willing to try this but I dont think I'm ready to sacrifice such a basic feature as headphones functionality, I'd rather have such things working. Especially that I'm still not sure how a ,,fixed,, G751jy is supposed to sound like and that's what I am trying to find out.

egs42
03-30-2015, 11:13 PM
Hi hmscott, thanks for appreciating my efforts.

I did provide info regarding loaded drivers, its in the attached screenshots. I also did everything you're suggesting but the horrible crackling as in the video footage doesn't want to go away.
I guess what I am really looking forward to is for someone who owns the G751jy and who did notice an improvement with the new drivers to spare a minute, look at provided footage and song I've used for testing purposes and tell me - is something wrong with my girlfriend's unit or does it sound bad for them as well due to a low quality sub and I'm trying to move a mountain here.

Also, if someone with a G751jy manages to play the beginning of linked song without any noticable distortion sharing audio settings would be much, much appreciated. Please? Anybody?

PS. And yeah, I know its a laptop but my old Dell 17R SE which costed half the money plays the exact same track on the exact same volume without any issues (again, as shown in the linked video). A 5 year old ROG has no problems as well.

Hi n0way. I used your same youtube link with my settings and cranked up all volume levels (youtube and main mixer panel) and did get some crackling on my G751JY. I'm currently running version 7432 of the drivers. As an experiment, I kept replaying that intro of the video at full volume playing with the equalizer but crackling was still heard for the settings I tried. I also have attached a screenshot with my current Realtek audio settings.

What I *DID* see if I raise my laptop and press firmly on the the bottom of the laptop where the subwoofer speaker is and on the top left the of trackpad, I can make the crackling go away sometimes. That seems to imply to me that it is somewhat related to how the speaker is mounted inside. Does anyone have any pictures of the speaker is mounted? Maybe we just need some rubber gasket type material so the speaker doesn't vibrate against the plastic?

joshindaphils
03-31-2015, 03:03 AM
Does anyone have any pictures of the speaker is mounted? Maybe we just need some rubber gasket type material so the speaker doesn't vibrate against the plastic?

Here is a pic of the sub, the sub didn't get taken apart from the chassis so that is as good as I got. I suspect what is happening is that the ribbon cable above the sub (for the card reader) is vibrating against the keyboard on some of the units. I am fortunate enough not to have this issue, though I would guess taping the ribbon cable down would clean up the sound if this is indeed the case. You might be able to test this theory by pushing down on the palm rest just above the sub and see if it temporarily remediates the issue.

More disassembly pics over here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?59354-G751JY-Disassembly-Pics

joshindaphils
03-31-2015, 03:15 AM
egs42,

Wow okay I just noticed your EQ... you can't expect a ~+22dB bump on your low end frequencies and not have any distortion... You will be basically sending a square wave for anything in that range has a high volume on the source material... You may introduce clipping with the smallest positive EQ (digital).

Rammstein874
03-31-2015, 11:53 PM

Anyone got anything on this?!

diogogmaio
04-01-2015, 02:10 AM
The new driver 7459---- what are the best settings? The settings you guys have...
I'm speaking about windows sound standard settings and also max audio. Mainly i'm looking for a good overall with best results on movies and gaming. Share your best setups.

SGLtechPerth
04-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm a new user, and have downloaded and installed Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432.zip
It's an improvement, but it still doesn't map the three speakers properly.
I'd love to see the choices of Stereo, Quadrophonic and 5.1 Speaker expanded to include a 2.1 Speaker option:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv85y30l24uo72x/Audio%20Driver%20needs%202.1%20Speaker%20option.pn g?dl=1

Mousepad
04-01-2015, 10:09 PM
I guess you could always use 5.1 but uncheck the ones it doesn't have? I've tried that and it sounds good. I've also done stereo with multimedia on audiowizard and they are pretty similar IMO. Anybody know if full-range speakers options should be checked?

diogogmaio
04-08-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm still hoping for a fix...im running the latest driver...i don't know what to set in the realtek panel, windows panel and maxxaudio panel. feeling a little lost.

JDThomsen
04-09-2015, 01:28 PM
I just got a replacement G751JY yesterday (the first one had a busted keyboard with Shift+c and Ctrl+c not working, and it would at startup type lots of "-" characters).

I just installed various software and drivers today, including the 7432 audio drivers, and the new G751JY seems to have the same issue as NoWays, but to a slightly lesser degree. I tried playing the W40K test track from the link, and I have the same distortion at the start of the track, with the severity depending on the internal subwoofer level. I tried applying pressure on top of the case where the subwoofer is located (2cm to the left of the lower left corner of the trackpad), and if I played the W40K test track while applying pressure, I could play it without distortion. I also tried applying pressure from below, but this didn't seem to have any effect. It is probably possible to fix this by applying some padding internally, or taping down the ribbon cable shown in the photograph earlier.
I'm seriously thinking of returning it as defective (again!), especially as it also has a single dead subpixel.
I'm really not impressed with the lack of quality control.

kingjezdi
04-12-2015, 05:49 PM
huhu
i installed now the latest version sound driver and it works pretty better than the .7459

download link 6.0.1.7482
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7482_PG421_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

its WHQL

Mousepad
04-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Why does the numbering system of Realtek on the Asus site go from 7459 to 7438 and it isn't the only instance of it as you can see 7422 goes to 7399. http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30 Are there different driver paths for different computers?

kingjezdi
04-12-2015, 09:19 PM
If you have a Realtek HD chipet set then any driver will work
Realtek include support for all OEM versions in every drive

hmscott
04-13-2015, 04:36 AM
Why does the numbering system of Realtek on the Asus site go from 7459 to 7438 and it isn't the only instance of it as you can see 7422 goes to 7399. http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30 Are there different driver paths for different computers?

Mousepad, if you are talking about the order of the downloads in the list, you can't assume the top one is the newest version, you can only go by the version number of the download - not the upload date or position in the list.

Look down the list for the largest driver version number.

Asus uploads from many locations into those central areas; of course someone should be monitoring / filtering those uploads so they are in order and not duplicated - sometimes you will see 2 of the same version.

It's all part of the fun ;)

Sanctrum
04-13-2015, 10:17 AM
If you have a Realtek HD chipet set then any driver will work
Realtek include support for all OEM versions in every drive

Not true. Read the statement here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

Cite: "Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website."

kingjezdi
04-13-2015, 11:00 AM
it can be dont true...
but for me works it! ; )

hmscott
04-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Not true. Read the statement here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs
Cite: "Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website."

Sanctrum, so far for the G750, and I am assuming for the G751, the Realtek hosted drivers eventually include the specific modifications / fixes needed for the G750/G751 in the general release. Like the recommendation says, the best version Realtek driver is most likely on the system makers site, but eventually all fixes make it back to the general release.

I recommend using the newest drivers available at Asus, rather than the drivers on the Realtek site for this reason. It's rare that the Realtek site version has something for the G750/G751 that the Asus site hosted Realtek drivers don't, and even if they do those new features haven't been tested on the G750/G751 and might need specific fixes/modifications for the G750/G751 that will show up first on the Asus hosted Realtek drivers.

It doesn't hurt to try the Realtek, Qualcomm, Killer Wireless, etc hosted drivers, but be ready to uninstall them and have the newest Asus hosted drivers on hand to install. :)

diogogmaio
04-13-2015, 01:05 PM
huhu
i installed now the latest version sound driver and it works pretty better than the .7459

download link 6.0.1.7482
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/GeneralRelease/7482_PG421_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

its WHQL

Are you saying that you don't have problems now? No distortion with this driver? And ROG AUDIO MAX WIZaRD?

kingjezdi
04-13-2015, 05:39 PM
hm try it...
when not working for ya..then uninstall and install the 7459 again..np

cip_bleah
04-14-2015, 08:27 AM
kingjezdi , what user and pass do you use for the ftp link ?

kingjezdi
04-14-2015, 11:46 AM
sorry
this is my account from the site from link...where I download that update

here new Link:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-10540017/7482_PG421_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip.html

Sanctrum
04-14-2015, 12:57 PM
@kingjezdi - I will wait for the official release.

diogogmaio
04-16-2015, 01:03 PM
New version out in support asus download. DIstortion still. :( it's a bit sad. I have to turn down almost completely the subwoofer and i can't understand the settigns iin maxx audio. why can't i change the speaker size in maxx audio? I all the profiles are the same in the equalizer view? I'm a bit tired.

Setoku
04-19-2015, 03:19 AM
This version 7469 seems to solve all the problems i have been having
nice job asus :cool:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip

diogogmaio
04-19-2015, 10:21 PM
This version 7469 seems to solve all the problems i have been having
nice job asus :cool:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip

What are your settings in windows sound? Subwoofer, internal, front, rear? the values please...

And also in maxx audio what did u enterred? what mode and config?

Thanks in advance

cip_bleah
04-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Setoku, what were the problems you were having, because it sounds the same as the 7432 version.
There is still the click when opening an audio program, and the sub is.. just listen to the sub alone to see if it is sounding clean.
We can at least silence the sub and it is clean.

Setoku
04-22-2015, 04:15 AM
cip_bleah these are my settings and i have good sound keep in mind i have to set my audio to 5.1 for shadowplay
The driver version i have is 7469
the things i would experience are crackling poping sounds stuttering that was very bad on battery when set to powersave mode but this seems to have fixed all my problems I've had
Also one thing if you want to try my set up make sure you put the EQ to shooting :cool:
Keep in mind the setting is not ideal for the average user you wont notice anything from your sub on 5.1-Not sure why shadow play records good on this sound setting but it works.

Sanctrum
04-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Setoku, you have quite bizzare configuration :)

diogogmaio
04-22-2015, 01:11 PM
Yes quite bizarre. Someone can share other configurations too? Is 5.1 without maxx audio better than 2.1 with maxx audio?

Setoku
04-23-2015, 01:30 AM
This is my setup for stereo still the eq is set to shooting not much has changed i dont use max audio eq as it just makes everything sound bad the realtek one is better haha

Feel free to share yours i know mines not the best but it works :D

diogogmaio
04-23-2015, 01:48 AM
i cant decide whats better...stereo or 5.1...
i mean for music, series and movies...also gaming... your settings sounds nice...i tried them...only a bit distortion coming from the subwoofer,,,almost perfect...

So stereo or 5.1? Anyone else wants to share the set up

Setoku
04-23-2015, 02:53 AM
diogogmaio
Stereo is very good i only use 5.1 for shadowplay but things i have noticed with 5.1 are its more clear but then you don't really get the sub
try playing around with it until the distortion goes away

diogogmaio
04-23-2015, 09:43 AM
yeah i'm trying to lower a bit the sub...but tell me something... do you have that realtek configuration AND the maxx audio settings that u display in the image? or you only have the realtek settings and the maxx audio off? Maxx audio off puts the sound very low

diogogmaio
04-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Also shadowplay cannot record from stereo? why? sorry to ask

Marius07
04-23-2015, 01:13 PM
Are there any other drivers for G751JM(with GTX860m)? The last one on asus support is 7368 that still has issues and I can't even control the subwoofer.

Setoku
04-23-2015, 06:51 PM
yeah i'm trying to lower a bit the sub...but tell me something... do you have that realtek configuration AND the maxx audio settings that u display in the image? or you only have the realtek settings and the maxx audio off? Maxx audio off puts the sound very low

This is my setup for stereo still the eq is set to shooting not much has changed i dont use max audio eq as it just makes everything sound bad the realtek one is better haha

Feel free to share yours i know mines not the best but it works :D

Thats my setup for the 2 speakers

Also shadowplay cannot record from stereo? why? sorry to ask

Not sure shadowplay is still in beta if it could just record to wave it wouldn't matter what the speakers settings are but it doesn't let you choose yet
Cant say why shadow play doesn't like the sound on this laptp

rogdood
04-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Updating the audio driver for me did remove the popping (well, it pops less often now), but did not fix the high latency i get which leads to micro-stutterring in games :(

dapogz717
04-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Updating the audio driver for me did remove the popping (well, it pops less often now), but did not fix the high latency i get which leads to micro-stutterring in games :(

Try This (https://sjackm.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/solved-crackling-and-popping-sound-in-windows-8-1/)
It works on me.. it helps remove the Crackling and Popping sound.. and also the stuttering issues on some games

Sanctrum
04-27-2015, 08:23 PM
The workaround for cracling sound at audio card power on/off is posted here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60761-G751-Sound-Crackling-Thread-%28The-one-thread-to-rule-them-all%29-WORKAROUND

x7007
04-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Another fix I forgot there is it's for different purpose but the same idea.

http://blog.rhysgoodwin.com/htpc/spdif-keepalive/

Sanctrum
04-28-2015, 09:26 PM
Another fix I forgot there is it's for different purpose but the same idea.

http://blog.rhysgoodwin.com/htpc/spdif-keepalive/
This one is good as is persistent to speakers reconfiguration... but it plays the annoying tone after its startup... so i prefer mine fix with the service release ver 2 with automatic startup - it is also persistent.

rogdood
04-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Lowering the audio quality also helped. For the last couple of days, I've had no crack whatsoever. Perhaps it's simply a matter of asking too much from the system. No need to go down to CD quality, this seems fine to me.48757

D_Pain
05-06-2015, 11:11 PM
Hi guys I was wondering if there's a fix for linux users. The new driver works perfectly on Windows but is there any driver updates for ubuntu that would fix the speaker issue?

hmscott
05-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Hi guys I was wondering if there's a fix for linux users. The new driver works perfectly on Windows but is there any driver updates for ubuntu that would fix the speaker issue?

D_Pain, since Realtek integrates changes into the release versions moving forward, you could try the Linux driver released after the G751 fixes in Windows, but it doesn't look like a new version has been released after 2014/9/18, unless you use FreeBSD - released 2015/5/7.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

You could try contacting Realtek and ask them directly:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/contact/contactView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=1&Level=1&Conn=0

Please come back and let us know what you find. :)

Sargatanas
05-14-2015, 05:14 AM
I just checked the Realtek Drivers and I'm a bit lost with all the Versions.
What is the best or let's say most recommended one?

sasuke256
05-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Well I sold my G750 and willing to buy a 751, but it doesnt seem that the sound problem is fixed.. why ?

Wardaddy
05-16-2015, 03:03 PM
I just checked the Realtek Drivers and I'm a bit lost with all the Versions.
What is the best or let's say most recommended one?

Hello Sargatanas,

As far as I know, you can get anything after (including) V6.0.1.7427. My G751JY came with 7432, so I've never experienced
the infamous "imbalanced audio" issue. I am currently using the latest available official driver which is 7469. To be honest,
I can't hear any difference between this and 7432. I would probably recommend you to get 7469.

Wardaddy
05-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Well I sold my G750 and willing to buy a 751, but it doesnt seem that the sound problem is fixed.. why ?

Hi sasuke256,

The sound issues are fixed I would say, poor quality speakers and unoptimized audio drivers what we are left with.
coming from a G73JH, the sound of G751JY is a major step down. Although if you find the best audio settings that
match your taste, you should be all right. The audio is not the best you can get but it isn't terrible and definitely not a deal breaker.

valiumii
05-17-2015, 09:51 PM
guys, im getting crazy. can somebody help me? im using Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip and i have still audio problems. if i use 2.1 speaker, i get only sound from the left speaker and the woofer, no sound from the right speaker. 5.1 doesnt work also. :-(
any hints? new installation of win 8.1?

0racIe
05-17-2015, 10:20 PM
take this one http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip
and after them setup this
Test on Shoutcast...my Settings...and its ok

i hope it would help
...the 125 and 250 under 0 dB... 250 more then the 125 and no crackle with Realtek 7469
Test also with Spotify Premium in all Music Genre....and u can listen to 93-95 %
this 2 Songs also
but if u want 100 % make the 125 to -6dB and u can Listen the ultimate crackle Test
playlist Johnny Cash - The best of Folk ::::I Walk the Line....Album Pure...Country
playlist Johnny Cash - The best of Folk :::San Quentin Live...Album At San Quentin (The Comlete 1969 Concert)

edit
sorry Guys my bad i hope u see the pics now

valiumii
05-17-2015, 10:30 PM
i cant see the attachment.
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

diogogmaio
05-17-2015, 11:21 PM
take this one http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017469.zip
and after them setup this
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49340
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49341
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49342
https://rog.asus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=49343

i hope it would help

Can't get the links! Please fix it.

rogdood
05-19-2015, 05:10 PM
Well, while playing music on youtube, my girlfriend asked me why my sound is popping. I guess whatever I did was only placebo, even with the latest audio driver, I still get popping every now and then...

valiumii
05-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Any ideas why left speaker is not working if i set internal subwoofer to 0?!? balance also not working between R and L. :mad:

falkenjeff
05-23-2015, 07:28 PM
is there a reason this hasn't been added to the 751JM download page yet?

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G751JM&p=3&s=719

The forums were down a few days ago when I decided it was time to update. But I couldn't, because the only links available are here on the forums.

falkenjeff
05-23-2015, 07:48 PM
Oh COME ON are you serious?

Already have an issue with the new driver. Whenever I reboot my computer I have to unplug my headphones and plug them back in for it to recognize them. Any idea why (or how I might fix this besides rolling back)?

EDIT: could not reproduce a 2nd time

EDIT 2: it seems to be happening randomly (it happened again after another restart after changing some basic sound settings). I tried disabling and re-enabling my speakers, but that didn't work. I then tried lowering my volume to zero and raising it again, and the sound started coming out of my headphones instead of my speakers (I didn't want to get up to unplug them and plug them back in). Why is this happening?

RandyGhini
05-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Does that 7469 driver make the sound better from 7432? It hasn't been updated on the support site. Also just wondering that those who had updated to 7469 driver is the AudioWiz still be able to run??

MaxDK
05-25-2015, 08:10 PM
I bought my JY last week, and started to play World of Tanks..Sound is terrible.I never, ever had laptop with such a bad sound. Tried with headphones, and I got something I can't explain. Deep sound from something in background.
I'v installed that "fix" or latest drivers from asus support page for my comp, but, same.
And my sub woofer is not working at all.
When I tested 5,1 from realtek, subwoofer was on the test but, no sound from it.
What should I do?? Can't return comp now, I'm working offshore and will be home after month or so. :(

valiumii
05-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Any ideas why left speaker is not working if i set internal subwoofer to 0?!? balance also not working between R and L. :mad:

What kind of fix is this?!? sound for left speaker will be played from the internal subwoofer.
even after new installation of windows 8.1.
is this a HW problem?

viper3000
05-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Hi boys and girls ....Please try Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017464 version ....it is good for me .....I have G751JT, if you have G751JY and your sound is crackling please try mark this box (i dont have this box because i have newest version) 49484

valiumii
05-27-2015, 12:26 PM
Hi boys and girls ....Please try Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017464 version ....it is good for me .....I have G751JT, if you have G751JY and your sound is crackling please try mark this box (i dont have this box because i have newest version) 49484

any trusted download link for Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017464?

viper3000
05-27-2015, 12:29 PM

diogogmaio
05-27-2015, 12:51 PM
any trusted download link for Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017464?

didn't understand the option you are talking about. please english

viper3000
05-27-2015, 01:14 PM
he has needed link for download this driver version (diogogmaio)

diogogmaio
05-27-2015, 02:20 PM
no no...it's not that...i was talking about the attachment that you posted...what's the option (in english)?

viper3000
05-27-2015, 06:41 PM
No - It is Slovak language....

diogogmaio
05-27-2015, 08:12 PM
yeah but can u tell me the option in english???

valiumii
05-27-2015, 09:27 PM

still the same issue: sound for left speaker will be played from the internal subwoofer. balance to left speaker not possible, because internal subwoofer will be used.
anyone else with this issue?

viper3000
05-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Do you have Asus G751JT/JY or G75? because I have had the same problem on my Asus G75.
Could you try newest version from 26.5.2015 .....

valiumii
05-27-2015, 10:03 PM
I have a G751JY and i use 6.0.1.7496. If i set to 5.1 speaker, only right speaker is working correctly. if i click on left speaker the subwoofer is playing the test sound with lower volume.
center, woofer, rear right and rear left not working at all. :(

benjmyers1
05-27-2015, 11:07 PM
I have a G751JY and i use 6.0.1.7496 also, i have it at 2 ch still, but it def sounds better than usual! i watched a music video at 100% with sub at 100% (i usually set it to 50%) and it sounded good for the first time. havent noticed a crackle yet...granted, its only been 4 minutes.

valiumii
05-28-2015, 08:01 AM
so left speaker is working on your G751JY with 2 channels?
whats about the internal subwoofer?

RandyGhini
05-28-2015, 11:56 AM
I have a G751JY and i use 6.0.1.7496. If i set to 5.1 speaker, only right speaker is working correctly. if i click on left speaker the subwoofer is playing the test sound with lower volume.
i also get the same problem

x7007
05-28-2015, 03:42 PM
I have a G751JY and i use 6.0.1.7496 also, i have it at 2 ch still, but it def sounds better than usual! i watched a music video at 100% with sub at 100% (i usually set it to 50%) and it sounded good for the first time. havent noticed a crackle yet...granted, its only been 4 minutes.

Nice good to hear, I'll check it too !

diogogmaio
05-28-2015, 06:27 PM

Doesn't work for me...still the same and a bit worst...could you send your configuration (sound sliders and maxx audio) ???
thanks

MOHATAMIR
05-31-2015, 07:43 AM
Hey! i have th G751 JT, whats the latest Sound Driver? Thanks

Ivan Palic
06-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Greetings to all of you guys.
I have bought G751JL, two weeks ago, with no preinstalled OS. I have installed Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro, installed all the software from CD included with the laptop, but had a sound only from subwoofer. I tried various drivers, like all of you good guys suggested, but with no solution. I always get the sound only from subwoofer. I have Ubuntu 15.04 installed as dual-boot and in Ubuntu sound is also playing only from subwoofer. The sound from subwoofer is pretty loud, when set to 5.1, but still there is no sound coming from the speakers. I filed a technical issue about this, and I'm waiting for their response.

Latest driver for G751 JT is 7432, and can be found here:
http://dlm3cdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432.zip

MOHATAMIR
06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
Greetings to all of you guys.
I have bought G751JL, two weeks ago, with no preinstalled OS. I have installed Windows 8.1 64 bit Pro, installed all the software from CD included with the laptop, but had a sound only from subwoofer. I tried various drivers, like all of you good guys suggested, but with no solution. I always get the sound only from subwoofer. I have Ubuntu 15.04 installed as dual-boot and in Ubuntu sound is also playing only from subwoofer. The sound from subwoofer is pretty loud, when set to 5.1, but still there is no sound coming from the speakers. I filed a technical issue about this, and I'm waiting for their response.

Latest driver for G751 JT is 7432, and can be found here:
http://dlm3cdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/Audio/Audio_Realtek_Win81_64_VER6017432.zip

Youre the best ever!! thank you so much, i tried like 6 drivers and the sound is trash, this one is soooo good omg thank you :D

Ivan Palic
06-06-2015, 08:48 PM
So I got response from ASUS representative, saying I should reinstall WIN and install official drivers, which I did, but problem persist. Tried drivers 7432, 7496 and 7443 which is the last one for my JL and they all work the same. I will take it to the shop to see can they fix it, as ASUS representative suggested. It's very good laptop just this sound issue. Changing the balance didn't help I can't get the sound from either left/right only sub.

j_j
06-06-2015, 10:47 PM
Hi Guys!
Iam using 7514 version and its working great!

The 7525 is out already, didnt test it yet. Whats more u can try 6.0.1.7528 Beta now.

I am using Candice version.

Heres the link: http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/forum/news/7-driver-realtek-hd-audio-6-0-1-7xxx-whql?start=128

x7007
06-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Is it better to use the official Asus Realtek drivers or the releases from the Realtek Station-drivers/Realtek official ?

What are the difference between them all.

The official Asus Realtek drivers and always newest is here : http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Audio&os=30

kingjezdi
06-10-2015, 09:47 PM
why is better?
when the newest driver is compatible with ouer NB, then still install it...

Bayerius
06-11-2015, 06:07 PM
7514 dont work for me too.. still a damn sound out of the subwoofer

Bayerius
06-11-2015, 06:11 PM
only way is to reduce the subwoofer level under 20..... and then it sound LIKE ****

best to test with

Will.i.am ft. Britney Spears - Scream & Shout

on full volume ! wait for she say : brithney *****.... and see how bad this sound system is...

Trym33
06-16-2015, 10:35 AM
only way is to reduce the subwoofer level under 20..... and then it sound LIKE ****

best to test with

Will.i.am ft. Britney Spears - Scream & Shout

on full volume ! wait for she say : brithney *****.... and see how bad this sound system is...

I can confirm this to be a really annoying problem, could not find a fix yet ( I have latest drivers and so forth but to no use)

Sadly I am pretty sure this is a design fault and not so much something that can be fixed with a "new driver",
(also - when you pump up the sound, do your touchpad buttons also vibrate ?? cuz mine do ...)

thx

Wardaddy
06-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Might be just in my head, but it seems the sound is better with 7520. I've had 7469 prior to installing 7520, so I can only compare those two.

Has anyone tried 7520 yet?

viper3000
06-19-2015, 09:45 AM
I can try instal this driver on my G751JT when I will be at home.

valiumii
06-19-2015, 06:19 PM

so my problem is fixed now. how? i send my G751 to asus and the following things were replaced:
- Speaker from G751JM installed
- LCD TFT 17,3FHD replaced

now everything is fine ;)

viper3000
06-19-2015, 09:39 PM
so my problem is fixed now. how? i send my G751 to asus and the following things were replaced:
- Speaker from G751JM installed
- LCD TFT 17,3FHD replaced

now everything is fine ;)

valiumii ....do you have G751JY or JT

valiumii
06-19-2015, 10:35 PM
JY

why do you ask?

viper3000
06-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Only for info, because I have JT .....and I think that my sound is ok.....but my friends have JY (they have problems with sound) .....Did you have crackle sound?
Please send message ...what did you have problems with sound and display.

viper3000
06-20-2015, 10:51 AM
Only for info, because I have JT .....and I think that my sound is ok.....but my friends have JY (they have problems with sound) .....Did you have crackle sound?
Please send message ...what did you have problems with sound and display.

viper3000
06-21-2015, 07:40 PM
....I have installed driver 7520 but I'm not sure if it's better than 7432....Maybe little better. PS.sorry for my english but it isn't my language.

Wardaddy
06-22-2015, 08:06 PM
....I have installed driver 7520 but I'm not sure if it's better than 7432....Maybe little better. PS.sorry for my english but it isn't my language.

Yes, I'm afraid it's only slightly better than 7432 at most. I've accepted the fact that the speaker in my G751JY isn't gonna be fixed with a driver.
After messing about the audio settings, I've found something I can live with. To be frank, I'll probably buy a pair of external speakers and use them instead of
the internal ones. When I travel or move my rig around, I can cope with the built-in speakers, it's not that bad after all.

Nemix
06-26-2015, 03:14 PM
So what's with lots of reviews favoring the sound and speakers on this laptop, most notably Notebookcheck.net:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-G751JY-T7009H-Notebook-Review.133178.0.html

I don't expect desktop speaker quality but I would think the speakers on the G751 series should be better than the JBL 2.0 speakers on my Lenovo.

Nemix
06-27-2015, 11:09 AM
New Realtek audio drivers version 6.0.1.7544 WHQL with MaxxAudio installer dated 26/6/2015:

ftp://spcust:hwwk758z@ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/7544_PG430_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_MaxxInstall er_2.6.6168.9.zip

First uninstall the old Realtek drivers and MaxxAudio software via Control Panel and restart the laptop, after restart unzip and install the new Realtek drivers and new MaxxAudio software and restart the laptop again.

Please post if there's any improvements to the imbalanced sound if any and add to reputation if new drivers helped and are better than Asus's older Realtek drivers.

NitroX
06-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Ok, so I have also installed newer audio drivers 7520. I have had the Realtek 7432 since ASUS uploaded them on their site. To be honest, I do notice an improvement on these latest drivers.

What happened on 7520:
1) First of all, I noticed the fact that the weird buzzing in my speakers is gone. With 7432 some buzzing came out of the laptop speakers when I was changing media files or playing them (For example, if I opened a movie with SplashPro then the speakers would make a small buzzing noise just when the file was opened).

2) It seems that my 5.1 Logitech audio system is getting more juice now. I don't think this is some kind of placebo because I am listening to music everyday and believe me that I got used to the sound from 7432 since I was using them for a long time. After I installed 7250 I immediately noticed that my bass was punchier. And yes, I have made the same settings just like on 7432.

3) Another thing that I've noticed is that the laptop's internal subwoofer doesn't vibrate like hell anymore. Even if I let it on 100/100 level from Speaker Configuration, the subwoofer seems better than before when I was using it at 50/100 level in Speaker Configuration settings.

Does anyone else notice or has noticed these differences from installing 7250 ?

PS: About the imbalanced sound. After you install the latest Realtek Audio Driver, make sure you select STEREO speaker configuration from Realtek HD Manager ! If you will use your laptop speakers on 5.1 Speaker Configuration, then the driver will use your internal subwoofer as a speaker and this will provide an imbalanced sound with more accent on the left.

Yes, these aren't the best laptop speakers out there, but you have lots of tweaks that can be made in order to reach the sound frequencies that you desire. The output is really enough. I can listen to music from my laptop in my whole apartment. And the sound card is pretty damn decent since I don't even feel the need of an external sound card for my 5.1 audio system. But this is only my opinion.

viper3000
06-28-2015, 12:57 PM
I agree with NitroX, 7520 is better than 7432......I have installed 7544 - and I think that this is the best driver for laptop G751JT. NitroX please could you instal this driver on your laptop

ftp://spcust:hwwk758z@ftp3.realtek.c...2.6.6168.9.zip

Etienne91
07-01-2015, 12:05 PM
work great, but still some vibration. What profil on maxaudio do you use ?

NitroX
07-01-2015, 12:31 PM
work great, but still some vibration. What profil on maxaudio do you use ?

Multimedia, with Maxx Level and Maxx Bass enabled. Make sure that your internal subwoofer is set to 60-70% from the windows speaker config. How to do this? Right click on your sound icon in the task bar -> Playback devices -> Double Click on Speakers --> Go to Levels tab --> Internal Subwoofer to 60-70% and click apply. Now the vibrations should be occurring less and only at high volumes.
Also, try and tweak your settings for bass until your get a smooth sound. You cna do this first from AudioWizard from the Bass Scroll (Multimedia Tab), or from the equalizers.
I Personally keep the Bass Scroll in the AudioWIzard to a 20-25% and I change the equalizer settings depending on the music style.

I agree with NitroX, 7520 is better than 7432......I have installed 7544 - and I think that this is the best driver for laptop G751JT. NitroX please could you instal this driver on your laptop

ftp://spcust:hwwk758z@ftp3.realtek.c...2.6.6168.9.zip

I can't download the drivers from that link. It says that the page is not available.

Btw: The 7520 driver still has that annoying noise when I play media after a period of idle. So, if I'm not listening to anything for more than 5 minutes, then the speakers turn off or something because after those 5 minutes, when I play something, there is an annoying sound playing like the sound card powers the speakers again.

viper3000
07-01-2015, 07:26 PM
New Realtek audio drivers version 6.0.1.7544 WHQL with MaxxAudio installer dated 26/6/2015:

ftp://spcust:hwwk758z@ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/7544_PG430_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_MaxxInstall er_2.6.6168.9.zip

First uninstall the old Realtek drivers and MaxxAudio software via Control Panel and restart the laptop, after restart unzip and install the new Realtek drivers and new MaxxAudio software and restart the laptop again.

Please post if there's any improvements to the imbalanced sound if any and add to reputation if new drivers helped and are better than Asus's older Realtek drivers.

I have downloded driver 7544 from this connect...

Trym33
07-02-2015, 08:29 PM
installed 7544 but not much has changed,

1. that clicking that you can hear in perfect silence when you push any button that makes a sound - is STILL there

2. that horrid distortion that you get in 80% of the songs and dialogues is still there:
just listen to this song at 2m55s (when she has that 1 second solo and tell us how your laptop sounds ... :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYtGl1dX5qI

viper3000
07-04-2015, 09:48 AM
50288 50289 50290

My setting on my G751JT. I have tried films,music,youtube and I think that it is the good option.

dapogz717
07-05-2015, 12:41 PM
updated from 7432 -- > 7520 For now, i think this is the most cleanest driver version for now!
same setting from the previous driver applied
-sound improved a little, but "improved", more balance :D
-subs rattle (cant barely hear it anymore) --> Tried on Full Vol
-better audio output
-im using AiMP3 as music player and actually it got more cleaner.. less hissing sound when i play accoustic music

Still not 100% Wow but its more better than the stock driver.. Will wait for a more better driver... keep posting guys :D :D :D :D

Ievgen87
07-06-2015, 03:50 PM
YEAH! Unfortunately, still hope for the best driver with my G751JT. The problem with distortion is the same.

Etienne91
07-06-2015, 09:43 PM
7548---7550 to try hre :

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/?page=13#comment-150076

CzesioSiano
07-07-2015, 07:03 PM
@Trym33 On my G751JT I don't hear any disortion. It's propably because I am not sure what do you mean exactly, but while I were listening to it I didn't heard anything unnatural to me.

@viper3000 Oh my godness.. Your equalizer looks terrible to me. Let me explain: I have headphones HyperX Cloud and I've been trying 7544 drivers with equ set to 5, 4, 2, 0, -1, -1, 0, 1, 2, 2 and sopranos (or treble as you wish) are still too high for my ears. I mean they're not perfectly clear, I can hear how it hisses like a sssssnake. Not naturally ofcourse, they don't sound good to me. Oh and btw I have ROG AudioWizard turned on with 'large headphones', everything turned off (bass, treble + additional options) besides equalizer - I only moved those 3 to the left slides analagously to my main equalizer, just pimped a little (not much!) bass.

@dapogz717 Why you didn't tryed latest ones? I mean 7544 or 7548 (excluding beta).

In my opininon drivers 7544 are not perfect. Treble are too high in comparision to the old drivers which I used (7432). Anyway, they're much better if we talk about sound quality and G751 laptop speakers.

P.S. There's very big issue with this sound card drivers. Why the heck producer didn't add such option as SEPERATION OF STREAMING CANALS ? Let me explain. While I am talking through any of communicators (such as Skype, TeamSpeak etc.) then people can hear everything what I am doing on my computer, everything. It's not microphone issue, it's about streaming canals. Why? Becuase I tryed everything, including turning off mic and still problem existed. I figured out how to fix it, but it's not fix which we should have. Fix - turn your system volume to 20/30 and your headphones at 100% of volume. Then they shouldn't hear anything besides sound which your headphones can make (through microphone).

NitroX
07-08-2015, 10:40 AM
P.S. There's very big issue with this sound card drivers. Why the heck producer didn't add such option as SEPERATION OF STREAMING CANALS ? Let me explain. While I am talking through any of communicators (such as Skype, TeamSpeak etc.) then people can hear everything what I am doing on my computer, everything. It's not microphone issue, it's about streaming canals. Why? Becuase I tryed everything, including turning off mic and still problem existed. I figured out how to fix it, but it's not fix which we should have. Fix - turn your system volume to 20/30 and your headphones at 100% of volume. Then they shouldn't hear anything besides sound which your headphones can make (through microphone).

Did you try to uncheck the "Listen to this device" from the "Playback" tab in your sound settings ?

dapogz717
07-08-2015, 11:22 AM
@dapogz717 Why you didn't tryed latest ones? I mean 7544 or 7548 (excluding beta).

I've Tried it.. actually every update they post here i tried after a few weeks :D... but i always return to 7520.. some are hard to mix either there's too much hissing or bass rattles.. i know it can be adjust true equalizers.. but i dont want adjusting my EQ for every type of music or movie i play, i always use a constant setting that fits all to my hearing.. this also what i did with 7432.. tried new but return to 7432 again and again... until i got 7520.. and i think 7520 is good for me for now :D :D

CzesioSiano
07-08-2015, 07:35 PM
Did you try to uncheck the "Listen to this device" from the "Playback" tab in your sound settings ?

Yes, I did that. I feel like I have explored every inch of sound settings :) Try to look in Internet and you'll find out that some sound cards have such option.

I've Tried it.. actually every update they post here i tried after a few weeks :D... but i always return to 7520.. some are hard to mix either there's too much hissing or bass rattles.. i know it can be adjust true equalizers.. but i dont want adjusting my EQ for every type of music or movie i play, i always use a constant setting that fits all to my hearing.. this also what i did with 7432.. tried new but return to 7432 again and again... until i got 7520.. and i think 7520 is good for me for now :D :D

Oh I see :) What about comparision between 7520 and 7544?

Bad S3kt0r
07-09-2015, 01:52 AM
Just installed 7544, listened to the will i am video and don't notice any odd behavior in the speakers. Sounds crystal clear to me. Bought this laptop in June 2015.

Bayerius
07-09-2015, 04:25 PM
Just installed 7544, listened to the will i am video and don't notice any odd behavior in the speakers. Sounds crystal clear to me. Bought this laptop in June 2015.

7548 is here now!^^ and its soo much better then 7520... nearly cristal clear until now

taryel
07-10-2015, 03:57 AM
Where did you get 7548 from?

Trym33
07-10-2015, 04:33 PM
Where did you get 7548 from?

I want to know where to get 7548 or 7550 also

Trym33
07-10-2015, 04:33 PM

do you have G751JY ?

Nemix
07-10-2015, 06:01 PM
Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7554 WHQL Release Date 07/08/2015 for Windows 7/8/8.1/10:

ftp://spcust:hwwk758z@ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/WHQLed_DRV/7554_PG431_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.zip

Note: Version 6.0.1.7554 is the audio driver only and does not include MaxxAudio software like previous driver package 6.0.1.7544 so do not uninstall the MaxxAudio software.

Here's the previous Realtek HD Audio Package 6.0.1.7544 with MaxxAudio software:

tweek
07-11-2015, 01:59 AM
50288 50289 50290

My setting on my G751JT. I have tried films,music,youtube and I think that it is the good option.

thank you for posting that, finally got my audio to sound a little better still have crazy distortion but not as much. my dads $300 laptop still sounds better then my g751jt that is sad

z3ro-88@live.de
07-11-2015, 02:44 PM
hey :D
I'm still on 7432 ...
Wich driver is the best right now and can you guy send me a link and the settings please :)

sry for my bad english

EDIT: ok I'm now on 7554 but i cant use the Audio Manager anymore :/ nothing changes :(

dapogz717
07-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Oh I see :) What about comparision between 7520 and 7544?

Not much difference.. so it got to stay with 7520, since this is already in the asus download page. :D
and I also notice something 7544, Audio manager setup doesnt work sometimes..

its weird on the asus download page... 7515 says is newer than 7520

kingjezdi
07-12-2015, 09:25 PM
hey :D
I'm still on 7432 ...
Wich driver is the best right now and can you guy send me a link and the settings please :)

sry for my bad english

EDIT: ok I'm now on 7554 but i cant use the Audio Manager anymore :/ nothing changes :(

huhu,

u can download and install the 7548 and wait for newer Version which supports the Audio Manager!
Here u can be up to date ! ; ) They post always new Audio Driver Version.
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/24364-latest-realtek-audio-codecs/?page=13#comment-150076

Download: 7548
ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Lenovo/7548_PG430_Win10_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL_Dolby%20AP. zip

greetz ;-)