PDA

View Full Version : Random Reboots (GL551

DukToonz
02-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Hi all, wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I've been experiencing a number of power_state_failure issues with my laptop (Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63). It will randomly reboot itself particularly after playing a game on Steam and then sitting idle for approximately 30 minutes. I've taken every measure I can think of to disable any power management features both in Windows and in the BIOS including disabling Windows Fast Startup (in both locations) as well as sleep and hibernation. I've also updated all of my drivers that I know of including the Nvidia graphics card. Is there possibly something I'm missing? Is there something else I should try?

This only seems to happen when Steam is running is the background when I walk away. The only reason I know something is amiss is because I'm greeted with the Windows login screen when I return. I just disabled the power management feature of the wifi card in the device manager and set the hard drive to never power down as well. I feel like it's sort of a hail mary at this point.

Thoughts?

Asus ROG GL551JM
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Windows 8.1 64-bit

FooDave
03-13-2015, 08:04 PM
I have the same issue as you, though to me it happens when I'm not powered to the wall, but using battery instead. It happened to me like 4-5 times when it was shutting down and was doing windows updates with battery and it went down at the middle of the updates. And the last time it happened, I was surfing the net and it just gave me that BSOD.

I will pay attention to this thread, so if anyone have any thoughts, let us know.

Thank you.

FooDave
03-23-2016, 04:42 PM
Anyone know if this issue have been resolved? Because this is still happening to me and i have all the drivers updated. This first started when i had Windows 8.1 and it persist with Windows 10. I'm getting really tired of this issue because this makes it impossible for me to work without beeing plugged to the wall.

Thank you.