PDA

View Full Version : G751 Thunderbolt monitor not compatible?

fbodyvixen
02-07-2015, 01:04 AM
I just purchased the G751 for my husband. He had a mac and a thunderbolt monitor. I purchased this computer, not only because of how awesome of a gaming laptop it is, but also because of its thunderbolt port. We can't seem to get it to work though. Upon plugging it in, it says that "this thunderbolt device is not certified for pc use." So do we have to buy a new monitor or is there something we're missing? All other functionality on the thunderbolt monitor works except for the display.

BVr77
02-07-2015, 06:09 AM
Hi, i don't have a thunderbolt monitor but have you tried to right-click the thunderbolt icon in notification area and select "parameters" and see if only certified thunderbolt device is unchecked.
i use thunderbolt v 3.0.19.150 driver.

ManjuprasadMBasangi
02-07-2015, 02:03 PM
I am not an expert on these issue,but there are some procedure(s) which can help to get the display working.(Sorry for my Bad English)
1. Which monitor you are using?
2. Does that monitor supports backward compatible display port/HDMI.
3. If it does supports display port use Thunderbolt to display port adapter. or display port to hdmi adapter.
4. !!!This is just a guess try at you own risk, try disabling thunderbolt port from bios to enable display port, hope this works!!!.