PDA

View Full Version : G75VW Wifi Connectivity Issues

dpo2o
02-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Hello all,

This is my first post. I have a G75VW that has had issues with keeping a WiFi connection probably since day 1. At times the
connection is great with speeds up 40 G per second. We have Bell Aliant Fibreop in our house. The wired connection can reach
speeds up to 135G per second. I have had the modem replaced because I thought that was the problem but it made no difference.

At other times the WiFi speed can drop to a speed that would make you envious of 20 year old dial-up or it will lose connection
completely. From what I have been able to figure out the problem is caused by conflict between the Altheros and Microsoft drivers. Two cell phones and a tablet never have issues. Proximity isn't it either as I have had the laptop within arm's length of the modem
and still the problem persists.

My plan to solve this once and for all is to replace the wireless card with an Intel 7260, which from what I have been reading here
seems to be a good choice.

If anyone has had a similar problem with WiFi or experience with the Intel card or opinions or suggestions, they would be greatly
appreciated. This has been the only issue with what is otherwise a great machine.

ultram
02-09-2015, 02:03 PM
Get the drivers from Altheros they work better

dpo2o
02-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Both drivers are installed and removing the Microsoft driver is no easy task. Apparently it would mean starting over with a clean install. If I have to go
through that much trouble then it may be just as well to upgrade the wireless card.

razor313
02-10-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm not familiar with the G75VW however I had a similar issue with the WIFI connection on my 75VX and the problem was that the bluetooth channel was interfering with the wifi. I turned off the bluetooth on my comp and that solved the problem.

fieronv
02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Yes I used to have the same issue with disconnect from my modem and usually fixed it by cycling the power to the modem it was a linksys e3000 I recently upgraded my modem to a netgear nighthawk and upgraded my wireless adapter to the Intel 7260. Now I connect at the same speed as if I was hard wired into my router and have not had any issues with disconnects.