PDA

View Full Version : G75VX Serial ATA Port 0 issue

G2K
02-09-2015, 03:18 PM
i have an Asus g75vx with a 256GB SSD for the OS and a 1TB SSD for secondary storage. my Laptop randomly froze and upon booting, it loaded into a black screen saying please insert drive or press any key. so i booted it into the bios utility, then went into the advance Tab to check the hard drive configuration. It said that the serial ATA Port 0 was empty But my 1TB SSD was still recognizable in Serial ATA port 1 as well as my DVD/CD Drive. afterwards, i switcher the SSDs from the Right drive bay to the left and vice versa. This time it successfully booting into windows 8 however my 1tb secondary storage drive was not showing up neither in the explorer or Device manager. I Rebooted back in the BIOS Utility and just like last time it was saying the Serial Port ATA 0 was empty.

Question, could this be a Driver issue or an issue with the Version of the BISO that i currently have installed or does this mean that my Serial ATA Port 0 is not working completely.

ewfitz
06-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Please tell me you found the answer to this one. The original 1TB drive that came with the system did the same thing. I purchased a new 1TB drive in addition to a 120GB SSD. I am still having the same issue. It acknowledges that there is a hard drive plugged in but all three details lines for the drive say empty. Even worse, it alternates from not recognizing port 0 and recognizing port 1 to the reverse.