PDA

View Full Version : G75v play/pause function keys reassignment?

Morg1291
02-09-2015, 08:20 PM
I have a G75v notebook, I would like to use the function keys for play/pause and ff for apps like audible and overdrive (audiobook apps), but they seem to only work for windows media center. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!

Gps3dx
03-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Hi m8...
I'm not sure that my following solution will work on the G75V, But it works on my Old G55VW & my current G751GT.
The origin of this solution is from other site, something to do with "G51JX lounge" for an old version of ATK of the G51JX, the very 1st line of ROG high-end laptop.
Nevertheless, Although i'm using ATK version 1.0.0037 on my G751GT- it works as charm !
What will this solution will give you, is the ABILITY TO MAP FN+THE FOLLOWING KEY:(1, C, V, T, num ENTER, up/down/right/left ARROW).
The key list may be different for other laptops - i'm not sure what causes the limitation.
For example, I map fn+DOWN arrow to "play/pause", fn+Right to next song etc, etc....

Please note that the files that I supply, works for x64 version (ONLY!) of Windows 7 and 8.1
It is possible to get it work for x32 OS - BUT, I don't remember how - it has something to do with HEX editing.

How to install:
1. BACKUP, BACKUP:
go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey" and change the name of "HControl.exe" to something like "HControl.exe-ORIG" so if this solution doesn't work for you - you will NOT need to reinstall the ATK package - just rename back the exe.
2. DOWNLOAD FROM HERE (http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/Tbordr0O/file.html) the 7z and EXTRACT ALL OF THE FILES into "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ATK Package\ATK Hotkey"
3. restart your OS or MANUALLY KILL HControl.exe and reluanch it.

How to Config a new fn combo?
1. open AsusNbKeysCtrl_Rebuild.exe and click on "add new event"
2. now on your keyboard, click the desire 'fn+some_key' you wish to map ( i.e fn+down arrow, fn+v - NOT all combos are possible)
3. pick your desire command: execute something or emulate a keystroke from the list with/without alt/ctrl/shift.
4. CLICK "save all changes to system"
5. CLICK "Stop AsusNbKeys Process" and make sure it was killed (AsusNbKeys.exe) by looking at the Task Manager of windows (ctrl+shift+ESC)
6. Relaunch AsusNbKeys.exe (ONLY after it was killed as I wrote).
7. TEST the remapping you've made.

Enjoy...