PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JS-NH71 weird cpu fan problem

lordghoda
02-10-2015, 09:33 PM
I know, I know there have been problems with the cpu on these models but mine is a werid variation. Intel xtreme utility did nothing btw.

I bought this laptop from a recent newegg deal, jan 12. I'll copy and paste my message to them.

I may have to exchange this laptop for a new one. My cpu fan (on the left) never really turns on. All the cores average at about 90c when i play games. When I overclock my gpu fan on the right activating the fan to run at max speed, it helps alleviate some of the cpu heat, reducing the cpu average to about 80c. My gpu is always fine maxing at 50 with overclock off.

At one point, I had my laptop leaning at an angle on a laptop cooler, and the cpu fan kicked on as loud as the overclocked gpu fan. At that time the cpu temps were averaging around 50c while gaming! However this didn't last long as the cpu fan went quiet again (turned off) and temps were back up to the usual 90. I couldn't get it to turn on again no matter which way i leaned it, and the laptop doesn't come with an option to overlclock like the gpu.

I am currently looking online and trying to see if there is a way to make the cpu fan operate properly through software. I figured I get this message through before the 30 day period is up.

FYI, the game i play is HON (moba), and nividia geforce experience says this computer doesnt meet the requirements when it clearly does.....

So basically it worked randomly one day because it was leaning and sort of 'bending' in a certain spot. Still i cant replicate it, and it seems like it's done for good. Any software to manually turn on the cpu like i can turn on through gpu tweak??