PDA

View Full Version : ASUS G75VW - Powers on, but no BIOS post

MaacK
02-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Hello,

I've had my G75VW laptop for awhile now - around 2012. I have had a similar issue like this in the past (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?32192-G75-BIOS-update-now-no-bios-post). Basically, two nights ago my mouse and keyboard (hooked up via a KVM) stopped working completely. My lights on the keyboard flickered, and the mouse reacted the same way. I rebooted my machine and the problem was gone. Last night, it happened again - my mouse and keyboard flickered, useless. The keyboard on the laptop works fine, so I again rebooted. This time I went into BIOS to see if some weird option was set, but everything looked good. I exited the BIOS without saving any changes.

The screen went black, and nothing happpened. I let it sit for a good 25-30+ minutes. Nothing. Black screen. I hard powered off the laptop, lit it sit for a moment, and powered it back on. Nothing. Keyboard lights up for a second, power light on the power button comes on, and it just sits. The CPU and GPU fan comes on. Nothing.

I messed with this almost all day, and no change. I did manage to get it to start up the CPU fan at full speed, not sure why it did that but it hasn't reacted that way since. At this point I am completely clueless as to what to do next. I've tried the crisis recovery, placed the BIOS files on my C: drive just like I did in my previous post, rebooted with CTRL+HOME, nothing.

So far I have:
- Tried crisis recovery (ctrl+home with files on C drive)
- Removed all drives, USB devices, everything.
- Removed all RAM chips, all 4
- Removed CMOS battery, let it sit 30+ minutes with no battery or power cord

What are my next steps, or is this thing completely dead? I'm out of ideas, other then keep messing with it in hopes that it magically powers on it like it did last time.

To note, I'm fairly sure the laptop is out of warranty.

MaacK
02-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Also, to note, I don't know if it was an issue related to the KVM that caused the keyboard/mouse to act up. I plugged the keyboard/mouse directly to the laptop, and nothing. It could of very well been Windows 8, or something dying on the motherboard.

MaacK
02-11-2015, 04:55 AM
Hello, problem is resolved. The motherboard is dead. Ordered a new motherboard.